U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,650,674 times

Advertisements

Jazak Allah Khairran
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 AM

352 posts, read 308,098 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh; The peace be upon you, and The Mercy of Allah and HIS Blessings.

Quote:
truth_teller Jazak Allah Khairran
Shukran, truth_teller.

The original site that posted Maulana Maududi's English Tafheem-ul-Quran, appears to be down, perhaps for updating or repairs.

Tafheem-ul-Quran (English translation) by Moulana Maududi

Surah Locator/Index For the 8 volumes - maarifulquran

Wassalaam. devotee

Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM

210 posts, read 336,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I'm a non-Muslim interested in reading the Quran.

Would anyone be kind enough to provide information regarding where English translations of the Quran may be accessed? Or is it generally viewed as a bad idea to read the Quran in anything except Arabic?

I remember one Muslim Citi-Data member remark that if a person is to learn about the Quran through translations, at least three different translations should be read, and it should be kept in mind that they are only translations.

Thank you.
Peace be on you.

1-HOLY QURAN : ARBIC TEXT AND ENGLISH TRANSLATION WITH COMMENTARY:
The Holy Quran (By Ahmadiyya Muslims)

2-LEARNING TO READ QURAN (For English Reader): Al Islam -Yassarnal Qur`an for English Audience

Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM

395 posts, read 698,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPeace View Post
Peace be on you.

2-LEARNING TO READ QURAN (For English Reader): Al Islam -Yassarnal Qur`an for English Audience
So good. I wanted to just read the English version, but I clicked on this and thought wow. Double use!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM

271 posts, read 214,198 times
Advice to all : I have been searching many so called Islamic website on the Internet and really it is so frustrated how deformed is Islam on such sites.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by june 7th; 04-24-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 AM

395 posts, read 698,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
Advice to all : I have been searching many so called Islamic website on the Internet and really it is so frustrated how deformed is Islam on such sites.

Moderator cut: Off topic
The internet is a ocean of mess on all subjects. It's like mixing peanut butter, cheese, lamb, fruits, and someone yelling in one bowl... lol. Someone needs to invent a website or change how the internet works.

Two things ....

I don't mean to hijack the thread.

From my understanding most religions have different factions, so I am thinking Islam does as well. Do you or someone here have a website explaining them all. What about a printed version of the Qur'an in English? Are there different version of that like Christianity has the king james version, the modern translation, ect?

Maher Zain is really the only reason I've peaked interest in Islam, just throwing that out there.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremit View Post
The internet is a ocean of mess on all subjects. It's like mixing peanut butter, cheese, lamb, fruits, and someone yelling in one bowl... lol. Someone needs to invent a website or change how the internet works.

Two things ....

I don't mean to hijack the thread.

From my understanding most religions have different factions, so I am thinking Islam does as well. Do you or someone here have a website explaining them all. What about a printed version of the Qur'an in English? Are there different version of that like Christianity has the king james version, the modern translation, ect?

Maher Zain is really the only reason I've peaked interest in Islam, just throwing that out there.
At the moment I will just speak of different translations of the Qur'an. There are different translations, but they are all translations of the same original Arabic.

There is only one Qur'an. Translations and commentaries are not the Qur'an.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM

55,647 posts, read 74,595,623 times
ebay and amazon are full of good new and used editions.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ebay and amazon are full of good new and used editions.

True

The Abdullah Yusuf Ali Translation and the Marmaduke Pickthall Translation can be found in nearly any Book store or online book seller site. Both are among the best translations available, but caution should be used with Ali's commentaries as he was not an Islamic Scholar and his commentaries are not considered to be very accurate,

Free printed copies of Qur'an translations can often be found at local Islamic centers.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM

210 posts, read 336,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremit View Post
.................................................. .......
What about a printed version of the Qur'an in English? Are there different version of that like Christianity has the king james version, the modern translation, ect? ...........................................
(Note: Only specific words are being taken here.)

Peace be on you. A printed version (translation) must have Arabic Text too. It is essential. It is in Allah's protection.

When other religions forgot their original language, many troubles appeared.

Allah says:

Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian. [chapter 15 : Verse 10]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam