U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 PM

374 posts, read 421,273 times

Advertisements

Not being sarcastic,but wondering why put up a forum for debate that gets closed if we debate it?
Is this just to praise islam,if so it should be labled' The Praise Islam Forum'.

Why not let others have their own answers even if they disagree? Whatever happend to free speech and dioloque'spell'? When did we have to be censored in this ,it reminds me of a another era in history that did'nt turn out too good.

I do understand some of us have to be warned if the subject gets too heated,but not totally silenced.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,506,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Not being sarcastic,but wondering why put up a forum for debate that gets closed if we debate it?
Is this just to praise islam,if so it should be labled' The Praise Islam Forum'.

Why not let others have their own answers even if they disagree? Whatever happend to free speech and dioloque'spell'? When did we have to be censored in this ,it reminds me of a another era in history that did'nt turn out too good.

I do understand some of us have to be warned if the subject gets too heated,but not totally silenced.
There are several reasons for the individual religion forums, the primary one to allow members of the various religions to have a "Safe" haven to discuss matters witn members of the same faith and a secondary reason to allow people of different beliefs to learn what they believe from actual adherents of the faith.

You may post debates regarding Islam in the Religion and Spirituality forum HERE

The Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Islamic, Judaic, Pagan and other individual belief system forums are not for the purpose of proselytizing other beliefs.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 AM

A brief but explicit reason this forum is here:

This sub-forum is not the place for proselytizing or attempting to convert Muslims. It is meant for Muslims interested in discussions among themselves and for others who want to learn more about this worldview and are interested in posing non-confrontational questions to Muslims.

Use our main Religion and Philosophy forum if you want to debate the merits of this worldview (but do a search first to see if your topics have already been discussed).

Old 06-20-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
A brief but explicit reason this forum is here:

This sub-forum is not the place for proselytizing or attempting to convert Muslims. It is meant for Muslims interested in discussions among themselves and for others who want to learn more about this worldview and are interested in posing non-confrontational questions to Muslims.

Use our main Religion and Philosophy forum if you want to debate the merits of this worldview (but do a search first to see if your topics have already been discussed).

Thanks Boss I must have got lost.There is no way I'd ever be here to convert to islam,haha.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Thanks Boss I must have got lost.There is no way I'd ever be here to convert to islam,haha.
I doubt if anyone would ask you to.

However,if you are curious to see what actual Muslims believe you may want to read a few of the threads and get a glimpse. I believe you will discover we are very individualistic.

We have neither any central earthly leader nor any ordained clergy.

Our big thing is personal responsibility and no Muslim speaks for anyone except himself. We alone are responsible for our actions and words.

If we make an error we do not have the luxury of saying we were misled as it is our own responsibility to verify all things we believe. We do not tolerate blind obedience to any human leader.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM

245 posts, read 247,087 times
There is a difference between debating and bashing the religion!!! Threads like: destroying Islam and Islam is Evil are meaningless and the poster dosen't want to read the reality from muslims instead he keeps reciting wrong information about Islam from his extremist racist sources

Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
There is a difference between debating and bashing the religion!!! Threads like: destroying Islam and Islam is Evil are meaningless and the poster dosen't want to read the reality from muslims instead he keeps reciting wrong information about Islam from his extremist racist sources

Well then since your the first one who brought race into this thread then that must mean your a racist.

I'm out of this forum not coming back so talk to yourself.

Last edited by pokesalad4u2; 07-30-2013 at 05:12 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or