U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 AM

1,785 posts, read 3,030,390 times

Advertisements

Nairobi mall: Gunmen massacred at least 22 in Kenyan shopping centre targeted non-Islamics | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 12:10 PM

204 posts, read 279,677 times
bit premature nothing on the news about the attackers telling Muslims to leave so they can kill non Muslims

Old 09-21-2013, 02:25 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,532,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
bit premature nothing on the news about the attackers telling Muslims to leave so they can kill non Muslims
There sure was. I heard it, too.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:30 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,349,397 times
A good many of us Muslims see people like that as enemies to Islam just as much as they are an enemy to non-Muslims.

Those that do acts like that do much more damage to Islam than they do to anyone else. They are not friends of Muslims

Quote:
Suicide bombers are the enemies of Islam: Muslim leader condemns terrorists with fatwa

By Daily Mail Reporter
UPDATED: 06:51 EST, 3 March 2010

The leader of a worldwide Muslim movement today issued a fatwa condemning terrorists and suicide bombers as the enemies of Islam.
Pakistan-born Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said there were no 'ifs or buts' about terrorism and such acts had no justification in the name of Islam.
In a news conference today he called on Islamic leaders to convey the message that acts of terrorism cut people off as true followers of Islam.

SOURCE

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Wasn't there another post here asking for the input of believers of Islam what their feelings were on this most recent attack on non-Muslims? Where did that post go? I too am interested in hearing the views of other moderate Muslims such as Woodrow.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,349,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Wasn't there another post here asking for the input of believers of Islam what their feelings were on this most recent attack on non-Muslims? Where did that post go? I too am interested in hearing the views of other moderate Muslims such as Woodrow.
I do not see any. As a Mod I can see if any posts were deleted. I do not see any that were deleted here.

We may be getting threads mixed up. I posted a nearly identical post (as I posted here) on another thread also. The 2 threads are looking similar. I think the other one has more replies.

I will try to find the other one and will send you a link to it if I find it.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not see any. As a Mod I can see if any posts were deleted. I do not see any that were deleted here.

We may be getting threads mixed up. I posted a nearly identical post (as I posted here) on another thread also. The 2 threads are looking similar. I think the other one has more replies.

I will try to find the other one and will send you a link to it if I find it.
You are 100% correct Woodrow. My apologies. The other thread is "Muslims in the News" by GoldenGrain. Thank you.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:43 AM

5,951 posts, read 4,689,801 times
If I was a so-called "moderate" Muslim I'd forget about the Jews and concentrate on my brothers and sisters in my own religion.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:22 AM

2,372 posts, read 1,513,641 times
Same old ...

France - Live: Deadly shooting at Paris HQ of French magazine - France 24

Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,128,061 times
I wonder if the French will call it a 'terrorist attack' or be like our president who called the Fort Hood killings 'workplace violence'.

We don't want to offend anyone, do we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or