Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times

Advertisements

Ok, to begin with a bit of me ... Family is Christian, I am. hubby is agnostic but THE most moral person I have ever, I mean Ever met. He is the most Christ like as far as I know as a humane person.in other words he is all about his fellow man and very much into volunteer work. His moral compass is looking into the mirror and being just. He has a really really high standard for himself.

I am so blessed to have met him and to be married to him, he believes that there is a higher power and as a scientist he acknowledges that there are unexplained mysterious notions of our world but those will not be discovered any time soon. He is also very aware of the human flaws and his own. I secretly think his mindset is about his upbringing but won't acknowledge it.

Examples would be , why did you choose this color for this flower? Why did you shorten our lives from
Noah's age to what we live now, why do you allow hurricanes to happen and why are the poor to live they way they do .

The more personal questions are always why and what do you want me to do.

He doesn't understand the notion of having a relationship with God, he grew up Catholic and learned to fear God and to not talk in any way , shape or form about having a conversation with God or Christ. he is now agnostic at best and he asked me the other day, do Muslims have a relationship with God, do they talk the same way you do? Is it wrong of you to talk to God, like if you converse every day?

NOT to say that any religion Christian or Muslims or Judaism or other religions have this way of thinking... It is just that he grew up with fire and brimstone and thought you couldn't talk to God.

I for one talk to God and Christ almost every day, very normal to me to have conversations and to ask questions and to admire his works or to question why.

Just curious do you all have conversations with who you consider God and is it normal to have just plain conversations that are just plain conversations or is it always religious in nature? for the Muslim culture do you have conversations as every day one with God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Each Muslim can only speak for Him/her self.

I strive to begin every thought or act with the simple words. "Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem" (In the name of God(swt) The provider of all things and the most merciful" this helps me to remember that all things I think,.say or do is a conversation with God(swt).

I try to make all things in my life a conversation with God(swt). I know that he is closer to me than even my heart.

Everything we do, is a conversation with God(swt) it need not be a formal prayer. There are often times a simple heart felt word is the best conversation.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Yes some Christians do hear the very voice of the living God , as Jesus said `My sheep hear my voice`..... See God Spirit abide on Christians who have been Baptized in the Spirit of Christ , as live on Christians through out their life............ People who hear God voice hear is as a quickening of whole sentences and Words of understanding are dropped on the person and if they missed and did not receive the message , they just need to pray and God will quicken the message again ............ In other messages God would send a Messenger Holy Angel who will rely a message from God , Heard just last weekend a missionary from Africa who was in my Church for a visit , said a Holy Angel of Jesus came to His ministry and said He was called by Lord Jesus to ``rescue the work Jesus called the missionary to do`` , and He said this Holy Angel of God was a Big Warrior looking Angel who startled him ............... Most Messages from Angels come from Angels who people can not see , but some time God will show them for added confidence in God ........

Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 AM

121 posts, read 136,482 times
Hello Cubanchic,
I am a Muslim, and for us, everything we do is conversation with god, We have a certain type of supplication we say with our tongues, limps in almost everything we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam