Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM

410 posts, read 398,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
While I desire for all people to be Muslim, because I believe it is the only certain path to Heaven. I oppose proselytizing and believe Allaah(swt) will lead those who desire to be led. If a person ever converts to Islam because of something I have said I will immediately tell them they have converted for the wrong reasons. A person should investigate all things and believe only what they them self have found to be true and not trust the words of any living Human in regards to religion.

I do not hide the fact I am Muslim and try to be available to answer questions. But I do not initiate religious conversations with people on the street, neighbors, friends etc. In real life I never speak about Islam unless first asked.

While I believe all countries should be 100% Muslim and Sharia compliant, that is not to be imposed by anyone. It should be by personal choice of every person in the Nation.

I do not believe Sharia is applicable for non-Muslims and non-Muslims should not be using Sharia. But I do accepted a non-Muslim's right to follow sharia if they desire and it is by their own free will.

There is no organization called Islam that will gain anything if the entire world accepts Islam, nor is Islam an organization that will loose if everyone leaves Islam. You don't "Join" Islam. Islam is not an organization. It is a state of being, a personal relationship with God(swt) not an organization with "Officials" "Spoke Persons" "Central human leaders" or even ordained Clergy. One can be a Muslim without even knowing a Muslim nor ever even seeing a Mosque.

Hello Woodrow, even though I disagree with some of the details your mentioned, I respect your commitment to your religion.
Just our of curiosity, are there any sharia-compliant country which you would present as a model for implementing sharia elsewhere?
I know Saudi Arabia follows sharia but IMO they certainly aren't the best model.

Quote:
One can be a Muslim without even knowing a Muslim nor ever even seeing a Mosque.
Seems like you are equating "a good person" (decent human being with good character) with being a Muslim.
If so, then would you agree that it is, perhaps, beneficial to entire humanity to be better human beings than being a Muslim/Christian/Jew etc.
I suppose my question is, what does being a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Hindu/Sikh/Buddhist adds to one's life if the person is already a good human being.

Thank you and may peace be upon you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 02:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Hello Woodrow, even though I disagree with some of the details your mentioned, I respect your commitment to your religion.
Just our of curiosity, are there any sharia-compliant country which you would present as a model for implementing sharia elsewhere?
I know Saudi Arabia follows sharia but IMO they certainly aren't the best model.

Seems like you are equating "a good person" (decent human being with good character) with being a Muslim.
If so, then would you agree that it is, perhaps, beneficial to entire humanity to be better human beings than being a Muslim/Christian/Jew etc.
I suppose my question is, what does being a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Hindu/Sikh/Buddhist adds to one's life if the person is already a good human being.

Thank you and may peace be upon you.
Currently no Nation follows Sharia. Actually I find the USA to be closer to true Sharia than any of the Nations that claim to be Sharia.

How the Hanafi Madhab of Sharia is supposed to be set up.

HERE

A person can be a good person with high moral values without adhering to any religion. Islam adds to my life by fulfulling my desire to Serve Allaah(swt) I doubt if I am a better person, but I do have a lot of satisfaction in doing my best to live as a Servent of Allaah(swt)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam