Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,025,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I can understand people following a God, , and respect peoples right to freedom of religion.

But co-mon,,,,,

Use one that is a positive role model.

Allah and Muhammed are pure evil.
You will find that is not what most of us believe. Especially those of us that have lived other paths. Can only speak for myself, but I have only found good in Islam and Muhammad(saws).

There are Muslims that do misuse it as a tool for evil. I have found that to happen in other religions and organizations. Many mafioso while being quite evil were/are very devout Catholics. Sort of a bit of a paradox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,423,153 times
You will find evil people in all religions, but the that does not excuse Islam for teaching, and preaching the evil.

I am no fan of Christianity, but the religion itself was a change from the old ways, of people a little more primitive.

Now we have stuff like casting the first stone, love thy enemy, turning the other cheek.

Islam preaches, if they are different and do not comply, kill them.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You will find evil people in all religions, but the that does not excuse Islam for teaching, and preaching the evil.

I am no fan of Christianity, but the religion itself was a change from the old ways, of people a little more primitive.

Now we have stuff like casting the first stone, love thy enemy, turning the other cheek.

Islam preaches, if they are different and do not comply, kill them.
I certainly do not believe that is what Islam preaches and The majority of Muslims I personally know have never expressed such beliefs.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:49 PM

Seems like we have a never ending pattern of jihad for the last 1400 years, with the last 200 being the quietest time in Islam's history.

The current events of today pretty much show a huge number of muslims, millions who read the text the same as I do, and an uncountable number who just sit back and be quiet about it.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM

When I say preaches, I am not referring to what goes across the podium, though they are busting mosques and preachers all the time.

I am referring to what the written doctrine preaches.

There are many who have hijacked the religion, and actually do preach peace.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Seems like we have a never ending pattern of jihad for the last 1400 years, with the last 200 being the quietest time in Islam's history.

The current events of today pretty much show a huge number of muslims, millions who read the text the same as I do, and an uncountable number who just sit back and be quiet about it.
I really have a hard time comprehending how you are arriving at the conclusions you do. But, I also used to reach the same conclusions and today can not see how I did. Probably from 65 years of being brain washed by predominately Christian mentality views.

I am not even convinced the ones committing acts of terrorism do understand the Qur'an as you do. I believe most of them do know they are being anti-Islamic. I see power struggles for wealth and a need for them to destroy Islam in order to gain control of the Mideast.

I see them mocking Islam by claiming to be Muslims.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:00 PM

But they are not being anti Islamic, they are doing everything according to islam and the orders of muhammed.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 PM

116 posts, read 87,680 times
There is another perspective....
Some feel that ISIS is an American creation---(it certainly uses American weapons...) much the same way the Taliban and Al-Qaeda were American-made......
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...20ISIS&qscrl=1

Some fee l that the U.S.A. is the most dangerous terrorist today and has done more to bring instability, harm, and war than any other organization or country.....
America Is Running the World

Perhaps it is Americans who should be apologizing to the rest of the world for the terrorism they cause?....what do you think?.....

Old 09-25-2014, 10:28 PM

Many say it is, they also say it is jewish, same old story where muslims cannot accept responsibility for their actions, blame the other guy.
Create an excuse to justify doing what they do anyway.

What the American people and the western world need to see is a group like ISIS.

Here we have every Islamic militant group fighting everyone, and we, and others have used and sided with them in certain endeavors, and they turn on us after it is over.

Here we can finally have an Islamic terror group that is standing up for their religion, and the world has to face it, there is no more excuses to blame the different groups, and we can finally identify the real problem,...Islam.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:39 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,015,683 times
Again, in the name of the religion of peace.

Iraqi woman activist killed by Islamic State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam