Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 03:33 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
And there is no easy way to read the Qur'an It is repetitious BS from start to finish.
You have to understand it is 114 books each revealed at a different time to a different audience. It is not a continuous story. A surah is not a chapter, it is an individual account, often of what was related to other people in a manner they would understand.

+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 03:39 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,427 times
Then why was it written in a way nobody can understand.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Then why was it written in a way nobody can understand.
It seems that most of us understand that which we need to understand.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It seems that most of us understand that which we need to understand.
And herein lies another problem,

You can go any direction with it, depending on what you want to learn about the religion.

A person who will not read anything, and just take blindly what their clerics say, will learn nothing about the religion, but will become brainwashed into whatever direction the cleric wants him to go.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
And herein lies another problem,

You can go any direction with it, depending on what you want to learn about the religion.

A person who will not read anything, and just take blindly what their clerics say, will learn nothing about the religion, but will become brainwashed into whatever direction the cleric wants him to go.
We have no ordained clergy. Every Muslim is a cleric and can be an Imam no special training required. Often it will be the oldest person in the community. There usuallyis very little if any preaching done in a Mosque. What is done will be on Friday just before the Jummah prayer.

Most Muslims seldom hear any cleric as a very large number of us say the prayers where ever we happen to be and not in a Mosque. World wide it seems most do their pryers out in the street.

Being Muslim is very individualistic.We take full responsibility for our actions and Do not have the option of saying we were misled as it is our responsibility to verify all things.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 AM

But you are sidestepping the problem, and that being the orders within the written documentation of the religion.

I am not claiming what all muslims do, what I am upset with is what "most" muslims do.

And with 15% to 25% by all estimates, terrorists, and following the written religion.

And another huge uncountable percentage, simply being quiet about it, it would seem your views are in the minority.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
But you are sidestepping the problem, and that being the orders within the written documentation of the religion.

I am not claiming what all muslims do, what I am upset with is what "most" muslims do.

And with 15% to 25% by all estimates, terrorists, and following the written religion.

And another huge uncountable percentage, simply being quiet about it, it would seem your views are in the minority.
We do not have a Written set of Doctrine to follow. In fact we should not even express our interpretations as truth, just our personal opinions and subject to error.

As for what Most Muslims do, about the only things I've seen majority agreement onis the 5 Pillars. As for the "Quiet Majority" not speaking out against terrorist etc. We do speak out, but are essentially ignored by the world's media. It is only when the radicals speak out the media jumps and shows it as headline news.

I have posted a considerable number of links about Muslims speaking out against terrorism. From virtualy every Islamic Nation

This is something I hear on almost every Forum I am a member on.

I am starting to feel like this guy: Kamran Pasha's Blog » Blog Archive » The Big Lie About Muslim Silence on Terrorism

Old 09-13-2014, 04:24 PM

I have to dissagree with that.

You do have a central text, with addons, that are causing the killing of each other.

You also speak of yourselves as muslims, which automatically includes all the sects ,and when on a spot, remove the ones you do not want.

And muslims speak out against terror, only when it is against them.

Even the 5 pillars

The original text is that the money goes to the custodians, the rulers.

The newer change is that it goes to the poor

The obvious today, is that it goes to the rulers, not the poor.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I have to dissagree with that.

You do have a central text, with addons, that are causing the killing of each other.

You also speak of yourselves as muslims, which automatically includes all the sects ,and when on a spot, remove the ones you do not want.

And muslims speak out against terror, only when it is against them.

Even the 5 pillars

The original text is that the money goes to the custodians, the rulers.

The newer change is that it goes to the poor

The obvious today, is that it goes to the rulers, not the poor.
I accept all people who say they are Muslims as being Muslims. I may find their actions to be unIslamic, but I have no way of knowing if they are not Muslims.

The only people I will acknowledge as not being Muslims are those who say they are not and those who openly and visibly repeatedly refuse to perform any of the 5 pillars. I would not even call a person eating a pork chop during Ramadan a non-Muslim if they say they are Muslim. but I would point out to them why I believe they are failing to follow Islam fully.

Not all Muslims follow Islam. Some fail to out of ignorance, some deliberately. But they are still Muslims

Yes originally the Zakat went to the Custodians, It was their responsibility to use it to help all the populace. Today becausethe government often misses some of the poor and most of our tax dollars go for other reasons we can not count our tax dollars as Zakat. We now have the responsibility to personally help the impoverished.

the majority of Muslims are in no immediate danger of an attack by terrorists, and they are speaking out.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:20 PM

Tell that to the Saudi King with his 150 Arabians in air conditioned stables.

The blatant obscene, wealth of the rulers of the Islamic nations, and the disgusting poverty of the people is self evident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam