U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:21 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
This is where the terror meter comes in handy, it differenciates terror caused by muslims, and terror caused by muslims for the religion.

If they just used muslims, the number would be estimated 3 times as high.
Afghanistan has been war torn for nearly 50 years first the Russians than us in our hunt for Bin Laden. Basically there has been no education in Afghanistan for nearly 50 years except for the Taliban which we helped finance to get the Russians out.

A good part of al-Qaeeda and ISIS are people we helped train as Taliban in Afghanistan.

Syria and Iraq have both been devastated and in Anarchy for decades. Beginning with our support of Assad and Saddam. Both of which we put in power and both pretty much ended education both secular and religious.

There has been very little Islamic education for many years in the Mideast. Illiteracy is outrages

See HERE HERE HERE

While Afghanistan is not considered to be in the Mideast, it's importance is it was the origin of Taliban, Al-Qaeeda which morphed into ISIS

A very sad part is women have the highest rate of illiteracy. This pretty much ends Islamic education as the Mothers are the primary teachers of Islam.

The role of the Mother as the first teachers of Islam

Quote:
This parental responsibility belongs not only to the father. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is reported to have said: "Take care! Each of you is a shepherd and each of you shall be asked concerning his flock; a leader is a shepherd of his people, and he shall be asked concerning his flock; and a man is a shepherd of the people of his house, and he shall be asked concerning his flock; and a woman is a shepherd of the house of her husband and over their children, and she shall be asked concerning them.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

Indeed the mother’s role may be even greater: while the children are young they are very close to her and dependent upon her, and they spend more time with her than with anyone else. There is an Arabic saying: “The mother is the first school”. She may be a good school, an indifferent or even a bad school. She may even be unaware that she is serving as a role model in her behavior, and her attitudes. Every mother should be conscious of her role and do her best to make it beneficial for the development of her children as they set out on the journey of life.
SOURCE

When the mother is illiterate it very much limits the Islamic education the Children receive.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
All of these groups fall back on Islamic teachings and put women, as children, into the mother role.

Islam needs a large population of mindless sheep who will obey at all costs.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
All of these groups fall back on Islamic teachings and put women, as children, into the mother role.

Islam needs a large population of mindless sheep who will obey at all costs.
You still seem to think Islam has some type of Earthly leaders. Each person alone is to take responsibility for his beliefs and not blindly follow any Earthly religious leader.

Anyone who claims to be an Islamic Leader is a person that causes me to raise many questions about Him. I doubt if I am alone in that feeling.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 AM

1,666 posts, read 768,938 times
Woodrow, other Muslims and non-Muslim observers and questioners... Please ignore Jim_A's posts as he has demonstrated that he already has a conclusion about Islam and the Muslim world and will therefore attempt to make leading questions as well as cherry-pick facts and opinions to support the conclusion he has already made.

Don't feed trolls. That's all I have to say.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You still seem to think Islam has some type of Earthly leaders. Each person alone is to take responsibility for his beliefs and not blindly follow any Earthly religious leader.

Anyone who claims to be an Islamic Leader is a person that causes me to raise many questions about Him. I doubt if I am alone in that feeling.
islam does have earthly leaders, lots of them, how do you think it arrived on paper, and has the control of the people through the government.

If Islam had no earthly leaders it would evaporate.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Woodrow, other Muslims and non-Muslim observers and questioners... Please ignore Jim_A's posts as he has demonstrated that he already has a conclusion about Islam and the Muslim world and will therefore attempt to make leading questions as well as cherry-pick facts and opinions to support the conclusion he has already made.

Speaking of trolls, It seems you also have this, kill the messenger mentality.

You cannot discuss with any credibility, anything I posted, so you revert back to your childhood for what you think is logic.,

Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post

and BTW, in the writings of Muhammed, 80% of the time he is robbing, raping, or killing someone.

It seems it is you who has to cheery pick, to find something good.

And in typical muslim fashion, you have to use abrogated verses, or verses that apply only to the group you are in.

And with "Kitman", you fail to tell the people you are doing just that.

I can back up anything I say about Islam, with Islamic text, can you.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

If all of the Islamic leaders died today, and you were left with only the text to figure out the religion, that is, nobody to tell you what to believe, and what not to believe, nobody would join, except the psycopaths of course.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
If all of the Islamic leaders died today, and you were left with only the text to figure out the religion, that is, nobody to tell you what to believe, and what not to believe, nobody would join, except the psycopaths of course.
For many of us that revert to Islam it is very common our only information is a translation of the Qur'an. I had an advantage there as I had learned Arabic long before Islam found me. The First time I read the Qur'an it was in Arabic since then I have read at least six different translations. An advantage of reading several translations is it helps with fine tuning personal understanding.

We don't join Islam. There is no paper work to fill out, no application not even any need to give our names. We are not put on the Role Roster of some central entity. We are not going to be required to attend some courses or lectures about Islam. Most of us will seldom if ever hear any Islamic preaching or lectures.

There is no "Training" period involved. It is our own responsibility to seek out sources of learning. These days that usually comes from online websites, including even the ones that are anti-Muslim. They can be beneficial as from them we learn what areas we have the least knowledge about. Being put into the position of having to defend Islam is one of the greatest Jihads we can face. It is a very strong builder of faith and gives a strong incentive to delve deeper into learning. Through the questions and challenges from non-Muslims we learn our weaknesses and what we need to learn more about. No one is going to take us by the hand and teach us Islam, we have to find what we don't know and seek sources to give us answers.

The majority of what we need to know can be found in the Qur'an and a study of the Madhabs. Other sources of value are Muslim Friends. Lastly if any are available we can seek out courses in Islamic Studies at most local colleges. The best I have personally found is the University of Texas-Austin.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:52 AM

A serious problem there is the reading of the Qur'an.

You cannot really learn anything about Islam by reading the Qur'an, and even if you try, you have to know the correct way to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or