U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 02:30 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
The holy bible teaches us that there is only one true God. Never the less it mentions other gods..False gods

You shall have no other gods before me.

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

The first commandment mentions gods other than the only true God. Some people worship the sun or the moon as if they are gods. Others worship animal as gods. As far as I know people used to sculpture figures of whatever and worship them as gods and others openly worship satan. But worshiping them is in vein, because

“ With that, Peter, full of the Holy Spirit, let loose: “Rulers and leaders of the people, if we have been brought to trial today for helping a sick man, put under investigation regarding this healing, I’ll be completely frank with you—we have nothing to hide. By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the One you killed on a cross, the One God raised from the dead, by means of his name this man stands before you healthy and whole. Jesus is ‘the stone you masons threw out, which is now the cornerstone.’ Salvation comes no other way; no other name has been or will be given to us by which we can be saved, only this one.”

Anyone that worships a god, other than the God who inspire its prophets to write the holy bible,” Jehovah”(YHWH) worships satan. There is only one true God everything else is a false god because there is no hope of life in them. Never worship any other god, because the LORD is a God who does not tolerate rivals. In fact, he is known for not tolerating rivals.
Correct and as you point out, although may not realize it, some who call then selves Christian stopped worshiping the one God(swt) when they began worshiping the messenger.

Jesus(as) is one of the Best known of the Messengers and among the most loved. Like all the True Prophets(PBUT) he taught of the One God(swt). To worship Him is to blaspheme the message he taught.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 03:25 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Correct and as you point out, although may not realize it, some who call then selves Christian stopped worshiping the one God(swt) when they began worshiping the messenger.

Jesus(as) is one of the Best known of the Messengers and among the most loved. Like all the True Prophets(PBUT) he taught of the One God(swt). To worship Him is to blaspheme the message he taught.
Virtually all religions say the same thing, to forget the other Gods, and worship ours. .But as Woodrow pointed out, Christianity brought in many lesser Gods, including jesus and the saints.

A rose by any other name.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 AM

154 posts, read 356,613 times
Quote:

Jesus is the son of God and unlike muhamad who is dead. He hold a place in heaven before being on heart. For through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He is alive not dead and as of now, He is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today

"He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the street. "A bruised reed He will not break and a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice. 4"He will not be disheartened or crushed Until He has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law."…

REVELATIONS 19:11-16
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and true, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[b] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

The name of pedophile, murderer, cheater, liar and evil, it’s not worthy to be mention in the same paragraph, with our lord Jesus Crist. Sorry

Old 10-30-2014, 07:03 AM

A rose by any other name.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Jesus is the son of God and unlike muhamad who is dead. He hold a place in heaven before being on heart. For through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He is alive not dead and as of now, He is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today

"He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the street. "A bruised reed He will not break and a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice. 4"He will not be disheartened or crushed Until He has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law."…

REVELATIONS 19:11-16
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and true, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[b] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

The name of pedophile, murderer, cheater, liar and evil, it’s not worthy to be mention in the same paragraph, with our lord Jesus Crist. Sorry
I am certain we both Love Jesus(as) deeply. It is those that have changed following what he taught to worshiping him that committed blasphemy and have demeaned him.

Similar to Christians we do believe Jesus(as) is alive in Heaven and he will return to be witness against those who worshiped him and to lead all of Mankind to Islam.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM

And belief's like that, is what keeps parts of the human race from evolving.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:44 PM

116 posts, read 67,458 times
Quote:
The holy bible teaches us that there is only one true God. Never the less it mentions other gods..False gods
The idea of dividing ONE God into 2 by claiming one is "true" and the other is "false" IS Shirk(division).

There are many (creative) concepts of the Divine that human groups have expressed. This does not mean there are many Gods. God is only ONE.

If we divide the Divine into true and false and give "powers" to the "false" God---we have fallen into Shirk. There is only ONE God in existence---only ONE reality---none other exists. Irrespective of whether human conceptions of the Divine are "correct" or "incorrect"...if there is only ONE God....then all humanity prays to the One God who created all of us and whose compassion and mercy extends to all his creations...including ALL human beings.

Sectarianism (divisions) lead to wars...ideas such as my god and your god lead to rivalry...I am better/my god is better...etc...and such a world-view leads to Iblisi logic...that "us" are more deserving/more human/more chosen than the "other". It is plainly a recipe for disaster......

Yet, Iblisi logic is seductive...we all have the desire to feel superior to another (at least, I often do)....but the way to counter this is to remember Tawheed (Unity). This promotes respect and reciprocity and leads us to be better human beings. It brings harmony and balance which promotes peace.

The best religion is not the one with the most complex theology....the best religion (way of life) is one that most inspires humanity to work for the benefit of all of God's creations.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:50 PM

116 posts, read 67,458 times
Quran 5: 48

Sahih International: And We have revealed to you, [O Muúammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

Pickthall: And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a watcher over it. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the truth which hath come unto thee. For each We have appointed a divine law and a traced-out way. Had Allah willed He could have made you one community. But that He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ.

Yusuf Ali: To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

Shakir: And We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, verifying what is before it of the Book and a guardian over it, therefore judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires (to turn away) from the truth that has come to you; for every one of you did We appoint a law and a way, and if Allah had pleased He would have made you (all) a single people, but that He might try you in what He gave you, therefore strive with one another to hasten to virtuous deeds; to Allah is your return, of all (of you), so He will let you know that in which you differed;

Old 10-31-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post
The idea of dividing ONE God into 2 by claiming one is "true" and the other is "false" IS Shirk(division).

Back words of what Muhammed did.

He combined all the Gods into one, or at least that is attributed to him,.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 PM

154 posts, read 356,613 times
Quote:
I am certain we both Love Jesus(as) deeply. It is those that have changed following what he taught to worshiping him that committed blasphemy and have demeaned him.

Similar to Christians we do believe Jesus(as) is alive in Heaven and he will return to be witness against those who worshiped him and to lead all of Mankind to Islam.

well i agree with you on this one. acording to the bible there is only one God, and worship belongs to only Him. but the bible also tell us this about jesus. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Isaiah 53:11
After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.
Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
Romans 5:15
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!
Romans 5:18
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
Philippians 2:8
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!
9His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth. 10But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. 11As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.…
John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the wo
Isaiah 53:3
He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.rld! Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Daniel 9:24
"Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place. …
16After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
John 16:23
In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
When Cristian pray, they prey to God, like jesus commanded. When we ask God to forgive our sins, or to help us, we do it in the name of jesus. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
The source of jesus power is given to him by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or