U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 08:55 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,827 times

Advertisements

The problem with, "Whose God is better", is you are both using unverified sources to make your claims.

In my opinion, a bit childish.

A better attack would be to prove your own God first, then attack another religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 02:00 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
The problem with, "Whose God is better", is you are both using unverified sources to make your claims.

A better attack would be to prove your own God first, then attack another religion.
About 75% agree. I believe it is just best to br ncerned about one's own beliefs/disbeliefs and not worry about the other person. (I admit I do not always follow my own advice)

We each are responsible for own own beliefs that is all we need be concerned about proving, It is our own responsibility to verify what we believe is true.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 AM

154 posts, read 356,613 times
Quote:

In not trying to prove that my God is better, at all. Is my belief that my God is the only God and that he is good. Which god is better cannot be proven because is a subjective question. Is like trying to prove; which ice cream is better vanilla or chocolate. Who is better Mohamed or Jesus? If you like 6 year old girls and you take pleasure in decapitating people and being constantly at war and beating woman and at the same time having the approval of the authorities, you would ´probably like Mohamed better. What I’m trying to say is that the god and the Jesus they site in the koran is not the God from the bible.
I will post some qualities and deeds from Mohamed and Jesus, and then using our freedom of will everyone can decide which is better. Of course not if you live in a country where islam is the law.

JESUS

MUHAMMAD

1. Jesus was born of a virgin.
(Matthew 1:18-25)

1. Muhammad was born of a normal woman.
(Ibn Hisham pp. 68-69)

2. Jesus served God as a child.
(Luke 2:39-52)

2. Muhammad was and idolater.
(Sahih Bukhari vol.6, p. 452)

3. Jesus read the Bible.
(Luke:16-21)

3. Muhammad was illiterate.
(Qur’an 7:156)

4. Jesus preached the gospel at God’s command and lived on the donations of others.
(Luke 4:16-21 and 8:1-3)

4. Muhammad, without being commanded by God, began to steal from others and live on their goods.
(Ibn Hisham pp. 281-)

5. Jesus performed miracles.
(Mark 3:9-10)

5. Muhammad could not perform miracles.
(Qur’an 29:49)

6. Jesus made blind eyes see.
(Luke 18:35-43)

6. Muhammad made seeing eyes blind.
(Sahih Bukhari vol. 8, p. 520)

7. Jesus made the lame walk.
(Matthew 9:2-8)

7. Muhammad made the walking lame.
(Sahih Bukhari vol. 8, p. 520)

8. Jesus healed withered hands.
(Matthew 12:10-13)

8. Muhammad cut off the hands of others.
(Sahih Bukhari vol.8, p. 520)

9. Jesus raised the dead.
(John 11:1-45)

9. Muhammad had the living killed.
(Ibn Hisham p. 308)

10. Jesus forgave his opponents.
(Luke 23:43)

10. Muhammad had his opponents murdered.
(Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, pp. 248-)

11. Jesus set the condemned free.
(John 8:1-11)

11. Muhammad condemned the free and led them into slavery.
(Ibn Hisham p. 466)

12. Jesus preached in God’s chosen temple.
(Luke 20:1)

12. Muhammad prayed at the Ka’ba when it still contained hundreds of idols.
(Sahih Bukari vol. 1, p. 151)

13. Jesus preached against divorce.
(Matthew 5:31-32)

13. Muhammad preached divorce and allowed temporary marriage with compensation. (Mut’a)
(Qur’an 2:230, Sahih Bukhari vol. 7, p. 8 )

14. Jesus was sinless.
(John 8:46)

14. Muhammad was sinful.
(Qur’an 47:21 and Qur’an 110)

15. Jesus gave Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind.
(John 1:29 and 10:18)

15. Muhammad died unexpectedly of illness (which he himself said was due to a poisoning attempt).
(Sahih Bukhari vol. 5, p. 510)

16. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after His death, and later ascended into heaven.
(Luke 23 and 24)

16. Muhammad was buried in Medina on the third day after his death. His tomb is visited by pilgrims each year.
(al-Tabari vol. 9, p. 208)

17. The God of Jesus Christ sent His Son to die for you.

17. The god of Muhammad demands that you send your son to die for him.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 AM

154 posts, read 356,613 times
Quote:

In case I misunderstood your suggestion and you meant to prove that God exist. Well, the existence of a God here in the Muslim forum is not in question since Muslims believe in a God. If I was in the atheist forum, I will try to prove the existence of a God. But anyways, if you can prove to me, using the scientific method that God does not exist with a 100 percent certainty, from that moment I will stop believing in a God. I cannot scientifically prove the existence of God, but through science I can see the evidence of a creator, everywhere I look I see the evidence of a creator who happens to be our God.

Atheist feed on the same principle that the God believers use to give assurance to their ideal, and that is faith. They choose to believe there is no God "by faith". I don’t see any difference, since they cannot prove using the scientific method that God does not exist; they by faith, believe there is no God. And they actually worship a Godless universe, and behave just like a religious person and many are willing to die or kill (just like God believers) for their Godless universe. They just, like religions have their own unofficially popes, priests, prophets, savior and pastors. I actually believe that the fattest growing religion is not Islam but atheism. being an atheist is easy.
Matthew 7:13
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Last edited by unitedstatian; 11-17-2014 at 02:20 AM..

Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,827 times
A very shallow argument.

Nobody can disprove anothers fantasy,

I have an invisible magic penguin, and you cannot prove I don't.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:30 AM

430 posts, read 351,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Islam existed long before the Qur'an, Muhammad(saws) and the Sunnah and will exist even if they ceased to be.

Islam is not an organization it is an act.

All people who submit to Allaah(swt) of their own free will and to the best of their ability in accordance with the knowledge available to them is performing Islam.
if by 'islam' you mean 'submission', of course the concept existed long before the Islam as a religion invented by Mohammad.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:

whats wrong with unverified sources when comparing two fictional characters?

who is better superman or the hulk?

who is better snow white or sleeping beauty?

who is better allah or yahweh?

O ye who believe! If ye help Allah, He will help you and will make your foothold firm.

And those who disbelieve, perdition is for them, and He will make their actions vain.

-Quran 47:7-8

a god who asks for help sucks. surely yahweh is better than that, eh?

Old 11-18-2014, 02:27 PM

14,837 posts, read 4,976,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You still are under the impression we have some sort of organizational doctrine we need to follow to be Muslims. Here are a few links

HERE

HERE

HERE

Also some confusion as to what is meant by Sunnah. Check these links

What is Sunnah?---HERE

What is the source of Sunnah?---HERE

Dang, this is the first time I have looked in the Islam Forum, and Christians are complaining about Atheists attacking them in the Christianity forum.

Peace to you brother.

Looks like you are besieged on every front.

Bless your heart!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Looks like you are besieged on every front.
as they should be until they clean up their back yard. bigotry & intolerance run rampant in muslim countries & communities. they have a long way to go.

lets keep the pressure on!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 PM

14,837 posts, read 4,976,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
as they should be until they clean up their back yard. bigotry & intolerance run rampant in muslim countries & communities. they have a long way to go.

lets keep the pressure on!

Who has a longer history of terrorism and violence against Israel?

Muslims or Christians?

If you ask a Jew who they would want to live next to, Christians or Muslims, they will reply, '' Depends on what century you are speaking of.''

Hitler used the words of Martin Luther to do what?

A Muslim can also take the Old Testament and show all kinds of violence and what is the answer from Christians?

The Christians will say,'' Yes, the Old Testament is part of our bible and religion but we don't go out and kill entire tribes and peoples.''

While the Christian attacks the Koran, a Muslim can turn around and attack the bible and what the Christian has, so does the Bible define who you are now?

Do you keep the commandments of God?

Or is the law of Moses just laws for other believers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or