Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:05 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
mind telling us how Christianity itself is related to how the British and french screwed up Africa and the middle east?

the Mongolians screwed up the world and it had nothing to do with religion. obviously the Europeans did too. its just basic human greed and thirst for power. the Japanese would have screwed us as well if we didn't stop them.

you know whats screwing up the world in the name of religion? ISIS
Since this is the Islam board and not the History board, out of respect of this board I can't. But if you wish to start a thread to discuss the issue where it can be discussed, I can do it there. Fwiw Mongolia and Japan sit in a different region than the one that is in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 08:42 AM

430 posts, read 481,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since this is the Islam board and not the History board, out of respect of this board I can't. But if you wish to start a thread to discuss the issue where it can be discussed, I can do it there. Fwiw Mongolia and Japan sit in a different region than the one that is in this thread.
Done!

In the Christian section:

How Chrisitanity screwed up Arfica and the Middle East

Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
The OT and NT represent 2 different religions, The new covenant overrules the Old, and the only laws of the prophets confirmed are the ten comandments, not the over 600 laws of the torah.
These are not part of Christianity.
The OT is a history book to Christians.

Whenever people conquer others one of the main things they bring with is their religion.

The crusades were I response to Islamic aggression.

And no, most religions left a trail of blood in their path, Christianity is no exception.

However the violence commited by Christians, is not in the writings of the religion.

The violence in Islam is in the writings of the religion.
The old testament demanded the mass killings of several cities at a specific time in history but the Quran chapter 9 section 2 calls for the killing of Jews and Christians no geographical or numeric restrictions
No time restrictions
Very scary mandate for the religion of love
few in the Mideast have read the Quran far less in the west
I have
The context defense that the passage in the Quran only applied to pilgrims on route to Mecca at the time is weak at best

Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The old testament demanded the mass killings of several cities at a specific time in history but the Quran chapter 9 section 2 calls for the killing of Jews and Christians no geographical or numeric restrictions
No time restrictions
I have
The context defense that the passage in the Quran only applied to pilgrims on route to Mecca at the time is weak at best

He aint having the Old Testament.

says the old Testament is one religion, and his new testament is another.

If you can make any sense out of that at all, I decided not to reply back to that.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:02 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He aint having the Old Testament.

says the old Testament is one religion, and his new testament is another.

If you can make any sense out of that at all, I decided not to reply back to that.
Apparently religion is not your forte

The OT is jewish,

The NT is christian.

Is that to hard to follow.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:07 AM

430 posts, read 481,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
No time restrictions
I have
FYI Christians called that the "Old Testament" because they think its largely not applicable to them.

If you want to judge christianity, do so through the "New Testament".

Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM

As we can see the OP has slithered away from the topic material.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
As we can see the OP has slithered away from the topic material.

Who is speaking as a snake now?

That's very offensive.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Apparently religion is not your forte

The OT is jewish,

The NT is christian.

Is that to hard to follow.

Matthew ~ The words of Jesus.

Whoever keeps the least of the laws and teaches others to keep them, they will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven., BUT WHO EVER does not keep the laws and teaches others not to keep the laws will be the least in the kingdom.

Is that your goal?

Jesus was so wrong wasn't he.

What you are doing is trying to prove that Jesus could not have been the Messiah.

You take away the Old Testament and you have no New Testament.

You give us your mentality based on your misunderstanding of what Paul said.

Do you realize that Paul was a Pharisee, that he never stopped keeping the laws of Moses?

That Paul was a man who submitted to the authorities under the priests of Judaism taking a man and having him circumcised?

LIARS were paid to tell LIES about Stephen saying that Stephen was teaching people not to keep the laws of Moses.

LIARS told lies about Paul saying that Paul was teaching people not to keep the laws of Moses.

What did Paul do to prove them liars?

Acts 21

Paul’s Arrival at Jerusalem
When we arrived at Jerusalem, the brothers and sisters received us warmly. The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.
When they heard this, they praised God.

Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are ZEALOUS for the law. They have been informed of you that you teach Jews living amongst gentiles to forsake the laws of Moses., Telling them not to circumcise their children according to our customs.. What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow.

Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know that there is no truth in these reports of you, but that you yourself LIVE IN ACCORDANCE TO THE LAW.

My apologies to the Muslims for getting side tracked, Woodrow can do as he sees fit with this post if I have overstepped my limit, not here to speak about the Bible.

But how convenient it is for people to pick and choose.

Just saying, you can't have a New testament without an Old testament.

The writings of the Old Testament is the word of God.

I am wondering if that some Christians may think that the God of the Old testament is not the God of the New.

There is no way for a Christian to distance himself from the writing of the Old Testament to then speak of the writings of the Koran saying that the Koran has violence but we Christians do not, because we Christians have a new God in the New Testament.

It doesn't make sense, no logic, void of any reason.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Made little sense.

The NT is specifically a change in the laws of the OT.

The only reference being something from Mathew, ( Who incidently, nobody knows who wrote,) where jesus is enforcing the laws of moses.
However these are the ten commandments, not the hundreds of laws in the Torah.
Yes, the Torah is not a part of Christianity.

There is very little violence in the NT, and nothing compared to the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Whenever religions take a God from another, they usually re-write the rules, and Christianity is no exception, however it was a turn for the better..It was Islam who threw the God back in the gutter.

And the writings of the OT are not the word of God, most can be traced to the authors but many are lost to history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam