Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,034,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
The qur'an is 14% of Islamic text..

"Show me in the qur'sn"... is a worn out excuse.
I also mentioned the Ahadith and the Madhabs. Which are Sunnah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 01:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,423,906 times
I believe I showed you the videos by Bill Warner, where he goes to great pains to break down into numbers, just about everything said about anyone.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:40 PM

116 posts, read 87,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
This is exactly what Islam does.

Muhammed needed to de-humanize the Jews to justify attacking them.

Now their doctrine spews hatred on non-muslims, but the Jews are the main target, with Christians following closely behind.
The world view of Tawheed prevents the demonization of one group of people because from Tawheed flows the idea that God created all human beings in equality---none is superior/inferior to another. It is from this Principle of Tawheed that ideas of Ummah (Community) were formed which resulted in an inclusive and tolerant society that was based on justice and rule of law.......(see---constitution of Medina)

Here is a video from a revisionist Historian---In other words---this is not a Muslim perspective so one can assume he is not biased towards Islam rather he is critical---He says Islam is a "Universal Believers Movement"---The idea is explained in about 19 minutes.....

How Islam Began - Fred Donner - YouTube

Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 PM

116 posts, read 87,713 times
When our world-view is based on hierarchy (instead of Tawheed)---we see divisions and are led to believe some human beings are more entitled than others. To de-humanize---requires a division between one group of people and another on the basis of arbitrary values of superiority. Al Gazzali (12th century Muslim philosopher) called this type of Hierarchical thinking as "Iblisi Logic" after the story in the Quran where Iblis argues with God about his superiority over human, based on an arbitrary value. Hierarchical world-view promotes injustice which can lead to oppression and conflicts....

Tawheed(Unity) promotes the idea that all humanity is inherently equal and therefore all have a right to Justice. This promotes reciprocity and respect for each other which in turn prevents conflicts from escalating and thus promotes peace....

The Quran says in Surah 5 :8
Sahih International
O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.
Yusuf Ali
O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

If more people understood Tawheed---we would be able to achieve peace in the world today. "Oneness" is a concept that already exists in many world religions.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post

If more people understood Tawheed---we would be able to achieve peace in the world today. "Oneness" is a concept that already exists in many world religions.

Then why is it, that so many people, Muslims, misunderstand Islam, and have different views, and these different views just happen to follow what is taught in the Qur'an and sunnah. Coincidence, I think not.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:43 AM

And the word "Tawheed", is a poor choice of words to use as an argument for Islamic behavior.
It is the behavior itself that is in question, not weather you do it or not.

Might want to look it up.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 AM

154 posts, read 453,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If a person is worshiping God(swt) to whe best of his ability and in accordance to available knowledge he/she is performing Islam

Muhammad(saws) did not bring anything new. He simply restored what Adam, Moses, Noah, Jesus etc did they performed Islam (Submitted to God)
I’m a Cristian and I believe in God, and that, “he sent his only begotten son to give his life for Me.” but I have to admit, that not in the best of my ability in accordance to the knowledge I have about him. But, it doesn’t make me a Muslim even if I did it to the best of my ability. My point is this, that non-Muslims get confuse when Muslims use the word God. Cristians tend to relate your god to our God. You worship some other god that has nothing to do with the only God. Our God unlike yours has a name. We worship YHWH. You worship a nameless god. The attributes and characteristics of your god and our God seem to be opposites.

Islam is a parasitic ideology (I wouldn’t call it a religion). It totally depends on the old and new testaments of the holy bible. It totally depends on them to gain any credibility, sense of authenticity, and antiquity. To say that Adam, Moses, Noah, Jesus performed islam is absurd, ignorant and an insult. They didn’t worship your allah if you read the holy bible you will find out, that they actually abhor and condemns you religion (ideology). How can you use the holy bible as a source, when the holy bible condemns your ideology?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:44 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,034,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
I’m a Cristian and I believe in God, and that, “he sent his only begotten son to give his life for Me.” but I have to admit, that not in the best of my ability in accordance to the knowledge I have about him. But, it doesn’t make me a Muslim even if I did it to the best of my ability. My point is this, that non-Muslims get confuse when Muslims use the word God. Cristians tend to relate your god to our God. You worship some other god that has nothing to do with the only God. Our God unlike yours has a name. We worship YHWH. You worship a nameless god. The attributes and characteristics of your god and our God seem to be opposites.

Islam is a parasitic ideology (I wouldn’t call it a religion). It totally depends on the old and new testaments of the holy bible. It totally depends on them to gain any credibility, sense of authenticity, and antiquity. To say that Adam, Moses, Noah, Jesus performed islam is absurd, ignorant and an insult. They didn’t worship your allah if you read the holy bible you will find out, that they actually abhor and condemns you religion (ideology). How can you use the holy bible as a source, when the holy bible condemns your ideology?
It was my love of Jesus(as) that lead me to Islam. To follow the teachings of Jesus(as) is to follow Islam.

It is true most today that claim to follow Jesus(as) do not perform Islam.They have lost the Teachings of Jesus(as) and because of that His teachings had to be resent in the Qur'an

Very many Muslims are former Christians and often former Pastors and Missionaries, I spent 45+ years of my life as a Born-Again Christian and served as a Missionary, Evangelist and Pastor. I still deepley Love Jesus(as) and sincerely believe it is through Islam I came to know what he actually taught.

I believe you, when you say you do not perform Islam and do not worship Allaaah(swt). That is your choice. Our believes are our own responsibility. We alone have the burdan to verify all things we believe.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:55 AM

The Jesus in the Qur'an is not the same person as the jesus of the NT.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:02 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,017,366 times
Remove religion and this conversation becomes redundant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam