Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:42 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
But here we are dealing with your perception, which differs from Islam all over the world.
On occasion I find a few that agree with me or I should say who I agree with. Like in regards to the ONE unforgivable sin

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 10:04 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,235 times
Woodrow.

These are not the problem,

Generally nobody cares what or who, you pray to, it is your business.

The problem is the written doctrine that disagrees with most of what you are trying to convey, and the people who follow it.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Woodrow.

These are not the problem,

Generally nobody cares what or who, you pray to, it is your business.

The problem is the written doctrine that disagrees with most of what you are trying to convey, and the people who follow it.
If you look and even among the Muslims that post here I believe you will find very few Muslims that believe Islam promotes violence.

I see no evidence that the terrorists are following Islam. Anyone can wear the name of Muslim. You could say you are a Muslim and many (Including myself) would accept you as being a Muslim. Although would disagree with your views.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If you look and even among the Muslims that post here I believe you will find very few Muslims that believe Islam promotes violence.

I see no evidence that the terrorists are following Islam. Anyone can wear the name of Muslim. You could say you are a Muslim and many (Including myself) would accept you as being a Muslim. Although would disagree with your views.

I don't believe you just said that.

The religion revolves around violence.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I don't believe you just said that.

The religion revolves around violence.
That is something I have not found to be true. although for the first 65 years of my life I would have agreed with you.

The more I study Islam, the more I find it to be based upon Peace.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:33 AM

I am not sure what you are studying, but myslelf and others I know, have a different opinion.

The internet is full of people who study islam and they all come up with the same thing.

Even my 13 year old daughter did a book report on Ishaq's sira, and came up with that.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what you are studying, but myslelf and others I know, have a different opinion.

The internet is full of people who study islam and they all come up with the same thing.

Even my 13 year old daughter did a book report on Ishaq's sira, and came up with that.
It would be very easy to come to that conclusion if you believe Ishaq's Sira is a book of commandments for Muslims.

I was quite shocked at it when I first read it about 50 or so years ago.

I know of very few Muslims that consider Ishaq to be sacred and infallible. To be Sunnah a person must verify that it is the actual actions or words of Muhammad(saws).

Quote:
but the person who refers to the Sunnah needs two things:

Firstly, the person needs to verify its authenticity, meaning the thing was actually said, done, etc… by the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ).

Secondly, its validity as evidence on the relevant ruling. This, of course, is the factor that makes referring to the Sunnah more difficult than the Quran.

Once it is proved that an act or saying of the Sunnah is authentic, then this is considered exactly like the Quran, meaning a person must believe it and follow its rulings. Allaah the Almighty Says (what means): {Allaah has sent down to you the Book (The Quran), and the Wisdom (i.e. the Prophet's Sunnah)} [Quran 4:113]

SOURCE

I have not seen nor heard of any verification that Ishaq is Sunnah

Scholars that do not Believe Ishaq is Sunnah and their reasons.

HERE

HERE

Old 10-22-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It would be very easy to come to that conclusion if you believe Ishaq's Sira is a book of commandments for Muslims.
You are trying to manipulate what is said.

The Sira is not a book of commandments.

The Sira is the only biography of Muhammed written within 200 years of his lifetime.

You have in the messenger a beautiful pattern of conduct to follow. (Qur'an).

Old 10-22-2014, 09:18 PM

116 posts, read 87,825 times
I prefer Modern biographies. There is a lot of research that Modern historians have done on Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and the early Period. ---As far as I know, the original Ibn Ishaq does not exist anyway.....

I would recommend to Jima49 to broaden horizons and take in the opinions and works of a variety of historians......

Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post
I prefer Modern biographies. There is a lot of research that Modern historians have done on Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and the early Period. ---As far as I know, the original Ibn Ishaq does not exist anyway.....

I would recommend to Jima49 to broaden horizons and take in the opinions and works of a variety of historians......
wa Alaikum Salaam,

Good point. I agree modern historians could probably do a more accurate biography as they do have better tools at their disposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam