U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Yet muhammad never had to "prove" anything to you now did he.
No. That what MUHAMMAD SAID GOD SAID.

Why is muhammads word taken as truth, and not a lie, or a delusion like everyone else?
muhammad proved everything by what he did and what he said that it was in fact the word of god. if he can explain life and the unseen, and it all makes sense, and he has brought forth revelations, performed miracles through the will of Allah, which is what all the other prophets did, then he checks out. he's clear and an obvious prophet of god. muhammad just delivered a message to all of mankind. and that message made sense. you dont even need the quran or any hadiths to prove god though. Allah is the explanation to the purpose of life. he created us to worship him. to do what we will, live life, but at the same time obey him. and over time people began to disbelieve there was a god. so allah sent a messenger. its not complicated. it all makes sense if you take into account the religion in its entirety. not just peice by peice because if you do it that way then obviously things wont make sense. so you question. what is the purpose of angels, the shaytan, whats the ppurpose of god sending a messenger? you question and question and question and when all your questions are answered, you realize everything makes sense. every single living thing on earth serves a purpose. for example, something as small as a spider, spinning an elaborate web thats so thin its nearly invisible, yet it can withstand a windy day and even catch bugs in the web. you ask yourself, how does a soider just know when its born how to spin a web, without being taught? how does it even know to design it so elaborately the way it does? no one taught it. its just programmed, so you ask how or why is it programmed. its programmed to serve a purpose, to keep a balance. but why? then you ask who programmed it? its not just born to know that, its because allah programmed every living thing on earth to serve a purpose.... everything is designed to work together and keep a balance. a balance of good and evil through the will of allah. but how do we know allah exist? he sends messengers to confirm his existence to the disbelievers so they may know that he is allah. the creator of all living things, of the heaven and of the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
I want to know what is Islam's views on waterboarding.
torture is not permissable in islam. no matter what kind it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 PM
 
5,646 posts, read 5,618,727 times
Reputation: 2863
Do you concede the fact that Muhammad was a pedophile? He was in his 30's when he married and 9 year old. If good Muslim men get virgins in heaven, what do good Muslim women get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,731,807 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
muhammad proved everything by what he did and what he said that it was in fact the word of god. if he can explain life and the unseen, and it all makes sense, and he has brought forth revelations, performed miracles through the will of Allah, which is what all the other prophets did, then he checks out. he's clear and an obvious prophet of god. muhammad just delivered a message to all of mankind. and that message made sense. you dont even need the quran or any hadiths to prove god though. Allah is the explanation to the purpose of life. he created us to worship him. to do what we will, live life, but at the same time obey him. and over time people began to disbelieve there was a god. so allah sent a messenger. its not complicated. it all makes sense if you take into account the religion in its entirety. not just peice by peice because if you do it that way then obviously things wont make sense. so you question. what is the purpose of angels, the shaytan, whats the ppurpose of god sending a messenger? you question and question and question and when all your questions are answered, you realize everything makes sense. every single living thing on earth serves a purpose. for example, something as small as a spider, spinning an elaborate web thats so thin its nearly invisible, yet it can withstand a windy day and even catch bugs in the web. you ask yourself, how does a soider just know when its born how to spin a web, without being taught? how does it even know to design it so elaborately the way it does? no one taught it. its just programmed, so you ask how or why is it programmed. its programmed to serve a purpose, to keep a balance. but why? then you ask who programmed it? its not just born to know that, its because allah programmed every living thing on earth to serve a purpose.... everything is designed to work together and keep a balance. a balance of good and evil through the will of allah. but how do we know allah exist? he sends messengers to confirm his existence to the disbelievers so they may know that he is allah. the creator of all living things, of the heaven and of the earth.
That's were you are wrong.

I can make the claim "don't the disbelieve see, that the flying spaghetti monster created the star that exploded, so that it's contents could form this planet.

Muhammad claims are no more valid then my claims that the FSM claims.

The rest is just a mixture of gibberish and argument from ignorance.

Last edited by Gplex; 06-09-2010 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,974,576 times
Reputation: 5074
Please. It is heretical to refrain from capitalizing the name of Flying Spaghetti Monster. May you be caressed by His Noodly Appendage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Do you concede the fact that Muhammad was a pedophile? He was in his 30's when he married and 9 year old. If good Muslim men get virgins in heaven, what do good Muslim women get?
Muhammad was not a pedophile. a pedophile is a person that is sexually attracted to children. theres a big difference between an adult being sexually attracted to a child and the prophet being married his wife Aisha after she was given to him by her father. but he did not have any type of sexual relations with her as a child. a pedophile is not married to the child and a pedophile has sexual relations with whats considered today a child, meaning a child that has not hit puberty yet. however...


"Child marriages" such as this were relatively common in Bedouin societies at the time, and remain common in some modern societies worldwide. American scholar Colin Turner suggests that such marriages were not seen as improper in historical context, and that individuals in such societies matured at an earlier age than in the modern times. In modern times, however, the issue of Muhammad marrying and having sexual relations with a child so young has been used to criticize him, particularly in the West, where there is heightened concern about child sexual abuse and related issues." -wikipedia


that pretty much explains what i was going to say, the only thing that i would like to add however is that the prophet never had any type of sexual relations until Aisha reached the age of puberty. i can find out exactly when if youd like but if this answers your question then im glad i could help.


muslim men and women get whatever they ask for that is permissable by god. neither one is denied what they have earned. however, keep in mind i said what is only permissable by allah, meaning that, you cant ask for sin. also keep in mind i said you get what you have earned because of course, a more righteous person is going to be rewarded more than a person that is not so righteous. which is why there are 7 levels of paradise. the prophets rest in the highest level of paradise, insha allah, because they are the most righteous. it says in the quran that men and women are seen as equal on the day of judgment.


i hope this helped, insha allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,731,807 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
the prophet being married his wife Aisha after she was given to him by her father.
I amazes me that this doesn't bother you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
That's were you are wrong.

I can make the claim "don't the disbelieve see, that the flying spaghetti monster created the star that exploded, so that it's contents could form this planet.

Muhammad claims are no more valid then my claims that the FSM claims.

The rest is just a mixture of gibberish and argument from ignorance.
haha, flying spaghetti monster, you can believe in that if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:16 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,731,807 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
haha, flying spaghetti monster, you can believe in that if you want.
You show your dishonesty when you refuse to answer the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I amazes me that this doesn't bother you..
its amazing that wives were given to their husbands by the wives father? that was common back in his days. with muslims and non muslims. its in history that child marriages and fathers giving their daughters. its even still in some societys today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top