U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Maine
16,494 posts, read 20,767,523 times
Reputation: 19098

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
i will try to feedback all about any thing in ISLAM

good luke to all friends here
I'm still a bit unclear on the origin and difference between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims. Could you please explain that? And are there further divisions (what Protestant Christians might call "denominations") within Sunni and Shi'a?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Whiteville Tennessee
8,262 posts, read 16,371,801 times
Reputation: 10042
Salma12006-You cant even bring yourself to admit openly that Muslims were involved with 9-11. I quote you-"And the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events SOME HAVE ASSOCIATED WITH MUSLIMS. IF an an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism........."
true dialogue can only happen when both sides are honest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 02:02 PM
 
Location: New England
8,155 posts, read 18,625,072 times
Reputation: 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
a question i would ask. what they did in lebenon was terrible. isreal is a terrorist state if there is such a thing.
Israel is defending itself just like the USA. Genocidal maniacs like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are a good example of WHY they have to defend themselves.

Why do most Muslims wish all Israel destroyed?

Why the anti-Semitic attitude towards a democratic nation (Israel) that allows Jew's, Muslim and Christian alike to live among each other?

Last I checked, most Muslim countries outlaw any religion except Islam.

Edit: A couple Koran quotes for fun.

The Dinner Table [5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people

The Woman [4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

^^^I guess that explains why you wish to kill those who will not convert to Islam.


Do you consider me a Zionist?

Last edited by JViello; 12-29-2007 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Pocono Mts.
9,483 posts, read 10,946,174 times
Reputation: 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
i read the qur'an before. though im not a muslim i found beauty in it, but some say it encourages terrorism. would you defend it against this accusation? if so how would you defend it?
I thought you were a muslim just based on your screen name. People often assume things about others, based on not really too much, don't we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
 
613 posts, read 1,173,563 times
Reputation: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I thought you were a muslim just based on your screen name. People often assume things about others, based on not really too much, don't we?
yea, it is in our nature. your name makes me think of a proud native american. my friend used to say don't assume, youll make an ass outa both of us. get it ass-u-me ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Pocono Mts.
9,483 posts, read 10,946,174 times
Reputation: 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
yea, it is in our nature. your name makes me think of a proud native american. my friend used to say don't assume, youll make an ass outa both of us. get it ass-u-me ha!
good idea, cuz I'm a stark-white, freckled-faced, red-headed woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:03 PM
 
364 posts, read 703,988 times
Reputation: 46
where did you get your symbol of the moon from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,911,600 times
Reputation: 3840
You might be interested in this book, one of the finest I've read on Islam No God but God.

Not only does it explain the differences between Shi'a and Sunni, it clearly records the historical basis for the differences. It also explains the codification of the Koran.

I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the history of Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm still a bit unclear on the origin and difference between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims. Could you please explain that? And are there further divisions (what Protestant Christians might call "denominations") within Sunni and Shi'a?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 11:11 PM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,333,859 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Israel is defending itself just like the USA. Genocidal maniacs like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are a good example of WHY they have to defend themselves.

Why do most Muslims wish all Israel destroyed?

Why the anti-Semitic attitude towards a democratic nation (Israel) that allows Jew's, Muslim and Christian alike to live among each other?

Last I checked, most Muslim countries outlaw any religion except Islam.

Edit: A couple Koran quotes for fun.

The Dinner Table [5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people

The Woman [4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

^^^I guess that explains why you wish to kill those who will not convert to Islam.


Do you consider me a Zionist?
How about an answer on these? Seems like when there is an "in your face" question or comment, the board goes silent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 AM
 
32 posts, read 66,973 times
Reputation: 23
Default to all of you

1- suna nad shia the problem between them, every one hate the other and the reson for that heat, we had people convert to islam when our prophts pece be upon him and all of massangers and phrofts like abo baker . omer . uthman take the authorty afterprophtsdie when muslims at that time appoved them but shia said no ali the cousion of prophts he must be a leder after prophts die so they say to suna all 3 leader non muslims and from that suna hate shai and shai hate suna.2- about isreal , frist one we did not agree with haspallah in lebnon abou the war and i think haspallah the responspal. but the problem between Isreal and Plasenin who will live and whoe will die. now imagen if you live in your home in U.S and came some one from U.K and he wanted to take you out and live i your home what will you do ????? that is same between isreal and plasten the land for plasten and isreal came from diffrent countries like US ....ect and take their land and left them out so as your openion who want to dstroy otherssorry for my wrong spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top