Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
well it depends on what your talking about. if you mean the three most dominant religions in the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, like why do they all believe what they believe. we all truly believe in the same god. Christians and Jews just don't know it. We all believe in the creator of the heavens and of the earth, the owner of the day of judgment. the only problem is that some people just either don't like change, won't accept it, or just don't want to believe it. I'm sure there's many other reasons but i believe these to be some of the main ones. For example, Moses was sent from Allah just as Jesus Christ and Muhammad were. but as time goes on things change. people change. society changes, etc. I'm not sure exactly, if this is why Allah has sent messengers, but it would make sense. Anyways. Jews believe in Moses, who came with the message of God, Christians believe both in Moses and Christ, but the Jews deny Christ as a prophet. and then you have Islam. Muslims believe in Moses, Christ, Muhammad and all the other prophets mentioned in the Quran. most Christians believe in the same prophets too, except for the ones that came after Christ. they believe Christ has been the last prophet. even though i can point out passages in the bible that talk about the arrival of Muhammad, and how he will bring a new law. many other things too but that's just one. but Either way, we all believe in ONE GOD. Its just like a tree though. you have one straight path to God but along the way it branches out to many different beliefs one how to get to god. like the way Christians divide god into three parts (the father, the son, and the holy spirit). its not that Muhammad's word is necessarily "better", its just as important as any of the other prophets messages that came before him. It is however the FINAL word of Allah. meaning that if Moses and Christ were alive at the time of the prophet Muhammad, Moses born first and preaching the Torah, and then Christ coming along while Moses is still alive and starts preaching the Gospel, Moses would have NO CHOICE but to follow the last word of god, then if they were both alive in the time of Muhammad and he came with the Quran, both would have no choice but to follow him because its the FINAL word of Allah. so in essence, its not necessarily better, but it is the final message of Allah. all came with the same message essentially, OBEY GOD, but as times change so does the ruling of Allah because since the beginning of time the fitna would only get harder. the thing around us today werent arounf at the time of Moses. things were not so easily accessible. its much harder to refrain from sin now-a-days than back then because things have changed... but Allah has stated that the fitna would only get harder. hope this answered the question...
The Sharia version of Islam is a religion for men by men. Sharia law relegates women to various levels of property. For an accused man, he is innocent until proven guilty. For an accused women, she is guilty until proven innocent. Men can have many wives, women only one husband. Men have all the power. Women exist merely to take care of the men.

It seems that all cults, even the pseudo Christian cults, allow men to legally to have many wives. True orthodox Islam is not a religion of mercy, compassion, peace, or righteousness for ALL people. And therefore, Islam is a completely false religion. Just the fact that you call Jesus a prophet but say half the things He said was false is so telling of Islam. A "most of the time" right prophet is a FALSE prophet. So Jesus cannot be a prophet and be wrong about so many things. But of course, the truth is Jesus was right and was the end game, the final covenent between man and God, leaving your greatest prophet without purpose.

And the Apostles and the Early Church Fathers didn't get it wrong. Who walked with Jesus, Peter or Mohammed? Who would really know what Jesus actually said and meant. A person who spent a few years together or a man who lived 600 years after Jesus's death. I will put my money on Peter and the rest of the Apostles. Both Chrisitianity and Islam cannot be true. Either one is true and the other is false or they are both false. I believe Christianity is true and therefore by simple deductive reasoning conclude that Islam must be false.

And your analogy of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being 3 separate branches is false. They are three sides of the SAME branch as water, ice, and steam are all forms of water.

Last edited by juj; 06-08-2010 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
what do you want to know about ISLAM

Well, nothing really.......It's just another half-baked theory based on the existence of a mythological god.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:43 PM

397 posts, read 608,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The Sharia version of Islam is a religion for men by men. Sharia law relegates women to various levels of property. For an accused man, he is innocent until proven guilty. For an accused women, she is guilty until proven innocent. Men can have many wives, women only one husband. Men have all the power. Women exist merely to take care of the men.

It seems that all cults, even the pseudo Christian cults, allow men to legally to have many wives. True orthodox Islam is not a religion of mercy, compassion, peace, or righteousness for ALL people. And therefore, Islam is a completely false religion. Just the fact that you call Jesus a prophet but say half the things He said was false is so telling of Islam. A "most of the time" right prophet is a FALSE prophet. So Jesus cannot be a prophet and be wrong about so many things. But of course, the truth is Jesus was right and was the end game, the final covenent between man and God, leaving your greatest prophet without purpose.

And the Apostles and the Early Church Fathers didn't get it wrong. Who walked with Jesus, Peter or Mohammed? Who would really know what Jesus actually said and meant. A person who spent a few years together or a man who lived 600 years after Jesus's death. I will put my money on Peter and the rest of the Apostles. Both Chrisitianity and Islam cannot be true. Either one is true and the other is false or they are both false. I believe Christianity is true and therefore by simple deductive reasoning conclude that Islam must be false.

And your analogy of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being 3 separate branches is false. They are three sides of the SAME branch as water, ice, and steam are all forms of water.
like i said before islam is the last word. and i never said that what christ said was false. the bible has just been tampered with. people changed words in it and now its not what you would consider "holy". christian scholars have admitted theres many contradictions in it. since the word of god had been changed muhammad was sent to 'correct' the religion of allah. our god.

we both believe in the same god. tell me how you can stand firm and say that islam is wrong and chrisianity is wrong when christianity can be proven wrong and actually disobeys jesus christ's message. the bible can actually be used against the christian to disprove them sadly. its not christians fault. its the people who changed the word of god. they caused confusion for the people trying to follow the true word of god, but, praise god, he sent muhammad. but you cannot disprove islam, yet i can disprove christianity, so how does that make christianity right?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:57 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
What i want to know about Islam is when this barbarous and evil religion will be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:09 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
i will try to feedback all about any thing in ISLAM

good luke to all friends here
Check one;

Is it okay for Islam to kill non Islams? yes___ no___

Is Islam angry at Westerners (Americans)? yes___ no___

If so, are they angry enough kill them? yes___ no___

I feel these are yes or no questions.(no debate, just questions)
Thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Would you believe I want to know 0...big fat goose egg..thank you very much... over

Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
Quote:
like i said before islam is the last word. and i never said that what christ said was false. the bible has just been tampered with. people changed words in it and now its not what you would consider "holy". christian scholars have admitted theres many contradictions in it. since the word of god had been changed muhammad was sent to 'correct' the religion of allah. our god.

we both believe in the same god. tell me how you can stand firm and say that islam is wrong and chrisianity is wrong when christianity can be proven wrong and actually disobeys jesus christ's message. the bible can actually be used against the christian to disprove them sadly. its not christians fault. its the people who changed the word of god. they caused confusion for the people trying to follow the true word of god, but, praise god, he sent muhammad. but you cannot disprove islam, yet i can disprove christianity, so how does that make christianity right?
We do not have the same god or you have such a false sense of truths sorrounding your path to God that it doesn't really matter if we believe in the same God.

Yes, Allah akbar. But some guy around 1400 years ago sold you folks a bill of goods. Well, on second thought, he said believe me or die or be made a servant. So enough of you said I will believe because the other two choices weren't every appealing.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What i want to know about Islam is when this barbarous and evil religion will be eradicated from the face of the earth.
islam is far from evil. i think what you mean is that you would like all evil people removed. unfortunately we cant stop this though. you can take somebody out of a religion but you cant take the evil out of a person.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
well it depends on what your talking about. if you mean the three most dominant religions in the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, like why do they all believe what they believe. we all truly believe in the same god. Christians and Jews just don't know it. We all believe in the creator of the heavens and of the earth, the owner of the day of judgment. the only problem is that some people just either don't like change, won't accept it, or just don't want to believe it. I'm sure there's many other reasons but i believe these to be some of the main ones. For example, Moses was sent from Allah just as Jesus Christ and Muhammad were. but as time goes on things change. people change. society changes, etc. I'm not sure exactly, if this is why Allah has sent messengers, but it would make sense. Anyways. Jews believe in Moses, who came with the message of God, Christians believe both in Moses and Christ, but the Jews deny Christ as a prophet. and then you have Islam. Muslims believe in Moses, Christ, Muhammad and all the other prophets mentioned in the Quran. most Christians believe in the same prophets too, except for the ones that came after Christ. they believe Christ has been the last prophet. even though i can point out passages in the bible that talk about the arrival of Muhammad, and how he will bring a new law. many other things too but that's just one. but Either way, we all believe in ONE GOD. Its just like a tree though. you have one straight path to God but along the way it branches out to many different beliefs one how to get to god. like the way Christians divide god into three parts (the father, the son, and the holy spirit). its not that Muhammad's word is necessarily "better", its just as important as any of the other prophets messages that came before him. It is however the FINAL word of Allah. meaning that if Moses and Christ were alive at the time of the prophet Muhammad, Moses born first and preaching the Torah, and then Christ coming along while Moses is still alive and starts preaching the Gospel, Moses would have NO CHOICE but to follow the last word of god, then if they were both alive in the time of Muhammad and he came with the Quran, both would have no choice but to follow him because its the FINAL word of Allah. so in essence, its not necessarily better, but it is the final message of Allah. all came with the same message essentially, OBEY GOD, but as times change so does the ruling of Allah because since the beginning of time the fitna would only get harder. the thing around us today werent arounf at the time of Moses. things were not so easily accessible. its much harder to refrain from sin now-a-days than back then because things have changed... but Allah has stated that the fitna would only get harder. hope this answered the question...
You didn't answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I want to know why muhammad's word is better then all the other people throughout history who claim to have had god tell them to tell us what to do?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Check one;

Is it okay for Islam to kill non Islams? yes___ no___

Is Islam angry at Westerners (Americans)? yes___ no___

If so, are they angry enough kill them? yes___ no___

I feel these are yes or no questions.(no debate, just questions)
Thanks

NO. it is not okay for muslims to kill anyone. muslim or non muslim. unless your talking about defending your own life. then thats more self defense but no, not just outright killing anyone.

this question doesnt quite make sense. islam is a religion. that like asking if hinduism is mad at westerners. if your talking about muslims. well, muslims are all types of people. the religion does not say anything about americans in particular. if some people who are muslim dont like westerners, well thats their opinion, but its not part of the religion. if you would like to know if anyone overseas is mad at americans im sure you wont find a TRUE answer unless you ask someone overseas.

how would we know if anyone overseas is angry? thats like asking are hindu's in india mad at us. just because your part of a religion does not mean that you know what everyone in your religion is feeling. were all still people. we all still have our opinions and we make our own decisions. not every muslim american knows another muslim/someone overseas.

i wish i could help you with the other 2 questions but they seem targeted for someone who is actually from overseas. although i still hope i helped in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam