Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Islam teaches that all people are born "muslim" and that turning away from that natural order - i.e., rejecting Islam, is punishable by death under Sharia law.

This is not some strange idea I have made up. It is well documented.

This is why I find it very strange that Islam is referred to as a "religion of peace" when the basic tenet of Islam is that anyone who does not embrace Islam is an infidel and the punishment for choosing another religion - or rejecting Islam - is death.

Last edited by brokensky; 12-31-2007 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: left out word

Old 12-31-2007, 11:07 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
This may be of on a tangent but; Why aren't womens rights groups in ths USA more Vocal in support of womens rights in the Islamic countries? Why isn't Hillary "C" up there hollering for freedom for those poor women getting the heck beat out of them or killed for no reason???

Old 12-31-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Straight from Quoran:

This pretty well explains what Muslims are taught about Jews, Christians, and indeed - any other religion:

Hadith Sahih Muslim (4363) "You (the Jews) should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle and I wish to expel you from this land (Arabia)
Qur'an (4366) "I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims."
(Qur'an 48:29) "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."
Qur'an (60:4) "Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone."
Qur'an (8:39) (2:193) "Make war on them until idolatory does not exist any longer and Allah's religion reigns universally."
Qur'an (9:123) "Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you."
Qur'an (9:5) "Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them, capture and besiege them and prepare for them every kind of ambush."
Qur'an (5:72-73) "For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode ' a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer."

Old 12-31-2007, 11:24 AM

98 posts, read 273,111 times
First, I would like to say that it is good to see a civilized discussion of this subject, or maybe that is because nobody can reach through the monitor and grab anyone they disagree with on here. Second, I would like to pretext what I would like to say with my families history so you know where I come from on this issue.

My GGGGreat Grandfather was Rev. Robinson who packed up all his followers in England, went to Holland, then received permission to settle in America, in 1620, from the English king. They did so because they didn't want anyone to tell them what rites they had to perform, how much money they had to give to the Church, what prayers they had to say, and have "religion" imposed on them. Faith is what I tell you I believe in, religion is what I tell you to believe in. My family married Native Americans, my mothers side of the family almost died out in the trail of tears, so I know the ideas of living together. I could go on but I'm getting away from the main issue.

I was always taught that Islam was the highjacking, please forgive the pun, of Christianity. It was done, and centuries after Christ's life, as a way to have control over the populations of the middle east so they wouldn't be assimilated into western, Christian, civilization. He who controls the religion, controls the people.

I have always found it strange that in Islam Jesus and Mohammed are equal. In Islam Christ is revered and is said to be a person who revealed Gods will. But if everything he said was that he is the only Son of God, the only way to God, the way, the truth, and the light, then how could he have revealed only truth, but be lying about these things.

I don't want to get into Martyrdom, Terrorism, roles of women, people as property, they all stem from this most basic problems which I need help understanding. These are the questions I have about Islam. They are the foundations of that faith. There are many more but I don't want to write a book. If you could answer these it would be great...God Bless you!!!

Last edited by gdblauvelt; 12-31-2007 at 11:33 AM..

Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Christians too say that you must be a Christian or you will die[and go to hell].
"no one cometh to the father but by me"
Seems to me that all the big religions are full of violence and threats

Old 12-31-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Dogma is what divides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Christians too say that you must be a Christian or you will die[and go to hell].
Sadly, that very scripture you quoted is at the root of so much of the division. I have been questioning that scripture since I was a child, b/c my understanding of it differed from what everyone else taught it meant. To me, it means that understanding what Jesus was teaching would put you on the path to heaven - not - you have to believe in Jesus' death and resurrection to be saved and go to heaven.

And what Jesus taught was basically the same thing that you will find by studying Buddhism . . . I think we Christians have missed the boat, somwhat, by misunderstanding that key line of scripture! Jesus came to unite and spread peace, not divide. If you follow his teachings, you will be on a path to reach heaven (wh/ to me - is a state of "all knowing" - merging w/ God).

I have always found it troubling that the only way I could call myself a Christian is to accept that anyone who is NOT Christian . . . i.e. Jew, for example . . . is not going to reach "nirvana" (ok = I know I am mxing language and terminology here - but it is to make a point).

Islam, however, is very clear. You are doomed here on earth as well as denied heaven if you do not accept Islam.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:31 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This pretty well explains what Muslims are taught about Jews, Christians, and indeed - any other religion:

Hadith Sahih Muslim (4363) "You (the Jews) should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle and I wish to expel you from this land (Arabia)
Qur'an (4366) "I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims."
(Qur'an 48:29) "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."
Qur'an (60:4) "Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone."
Qur'an (8:39) (2:193) "Make war on them until idolatory does not exist any longer and Allah's religion reigns universally."
Qur'an (9:123) "Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you."
Qur'an (9:5) "Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them, capture and besiege them and prepare for them every kind of ambush."
Qur'an (5:72-73) "For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode ' a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer."

Again, the board goes silent from our Islamic experts.

What do these verses of the Qur'an mean? Please clarify? Thanks.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 AM

32 posts, read 73,384 times
dear all friends first one , i would like to thank all who note about Islam and i want to tell them to hear this:1-Islam means for us belive in gud 'allah" and we live in happy life when worship allah and belive in all massangers from adem . noah,ibraham.ishac,jucop,ismail,mussa,juess and mohmmed pace be ubon all of them.2-islam learn us by quran to deal will jews and crastian who not war us by good way and for that all of our relajons men (oulama) said after attack on USA the attack not rihgt and the peoples who did that had wrog meaing for quran becuse our islamic laws say' war who war you and be fair with who not war you. and in the war do not kill women or child or old man.may be you will not belive me but you can ask about this story (after our massanger die , 2 nd leader came called Omer bin al kattab when islam reached to egypt and the leader of egypt made match to top houres , the leader son said my houre will won and egyption citzin'crastian' said my houres will won and after that when the houre for craistin man won , the son leader give him slap on his face after that this crastian travled to Maddanh ' now city in saudia arabia and compain that man to Omer BIN al kattab after that said to crastain stay here and sent letter to eygpt leader said to him when we recived my letter come to me and you son then when that leader came with his son said oumer to crastian come here and slap the leader son and when he finshed from the son say to him slap his father, because if his father not leader , he can not slap you and the fair crastian said no , i slape who slap me, after that omer said to eygpt leader

Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 AM

Default If I got this right . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
dear all friends first one , i would like to thank all who note about Islam and i want to tell them to hear this:1-Islam means for us belive in gud 'allah" and we live in happy life when worship allah and belive in all massangers from adem . noah,ibraham.ishac,jucop,ismail,mussa,juess and mohmmed pace be ubon all of them.2-islam learn us by quran to deal will jews and crastian who not war us by good way and for that all of our relajons men (oulama) said after attack on USA the attack not rihgt and the peoples who did that had wrog meaing for quran becuse our islamic laws say' war who war you and be fair with who not war you. and in the war do not kill women or child or old man.may be you will not belive me but you can ask about this story (after our massanger die , 2 nd leader came called Omer bin al kattab when islam reached to egypt and the leader of egypt made match to top houres , the leader son said my houre will won and egyption citzin'crastian' said my houres will won and after that when the houre for craistin man won , the son leader give him slap on his face after that this crastian travled to Maddanh ' now city in saudia arabia and compain that man to Omer BIN al kattab after that said to crastain stay here and sent letter to eygpt leader said to him when we recived my letter come to me and you son then when that leader came with his son said oumer to crastian come here and slap the leader son and when he finshed from the son say to him slap his father, because if his father not leader , he can not slap you and the fair crastian said no , i slape who slap me, after that omer said to eygpt leader
You are trying to say that your religion believes it is okay to "make war on those who make war on you." OK. Got that.

You did not address the verses from the Quoran wh/ have to do w/ how Islam views Jews and why Muslims want to wipe the Jews off the face of the earth.

You were earlier discussing Jews. We would like to continue that discussion.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Yea, I don't read that as saying if you don't accept the lord Jesus Christ as your savior I'm going to strap a bomb to my kid and have him blow you up..... I'm convinced that you have to accept the Lord as your personal savior to get a one way ticket to Heaven AFTER you leave your earthly body (hopefully by natural causes) Of course you have every right to reject my beliefs All I can do is to PRAY for you...............The same way I pray for all those unsaved millons PRAY not kill PRAY................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam