U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 04:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,085,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Islam declared war on the rest of the world about 1200 years ago, granted, it was their known world at the time, but it has since gone into all.

To go against Jihad is basically to become an apostate, and you may be targeted.

Usually the only outspoken voices you will hear, is when it goes against them.
In fairness, the Christian Crusades were not exactly innocent either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 04:48 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In fairness, the Christian Crusades were not exactly innocent either.

And I hate the price of T-bones, but that has nothing to do with Islam.

And BTW, The Crusades were in response to Islamic aggression into Europe.
There were over 550 Jihads into Europe, mostly costal slave runs, for booty, but some, like Spain, went inland.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
And I hate the price of T-bones, but that has nothing to do with Islam.

And BTW, The Crusades were in response to Islamic aggression into Europe.
There were over 550 Jihads into Europe, mostly costal slave runs, for booty, but some, like Spain, went inland.
You REALLY don't know your history, do you? The first crusade was to capture Jerusalem and ordered by Pope Urban II to restore control of christian holy places. Spain had nothing to do with it.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:36 PM

Update:

First public response. Iman Soharwardy, founder of Muslims Against Terrorism urges fellow Imans to screen new converts to Islam, and to look for warning signs like drug use or a criminal record. He further urges Imans to closely monitor these new converts for radicalization.

Now, Iman Soharwardy has spoken out before, and good for him for the organization he founded and his statements. Where are the rest of the Muslim leadership? He is only one person, albeit, he is trying.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
You REALLY don't know your history, do you? The first crusade was to capture Jerusalem and ordered by Pope Urban II to restore control of christian holy places. Spain had nothing to do with it.
I never said Spain did, but you might want to brush up on your history.

Start here, there is lots of info out there.

Mad World NewsMuslims Sympathizers are Wrong. THIS is the REAL History of the Crusades.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I never said Spain did, but you might want to brush up on your history.
Quote:
Yes, as shown above, you actually did say it.

Spin websites have very little credibility. They are right up there with religious sites or conspiracy sites.

You might want to read THE acknowledged historical expert, Norman Cantor's book, The Civilization of the Middle Ages: A Completely Revised and Expanded Edition of Medieval History

It is an unbiased historical perspective, footnoted and referenced, as one would expect from a published professor.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 PM

Look at the statement. Spain was in reference to the many jihads into Europe., the inland ones.

I posted one site as an example, there are lots, and lots, of books on the subject.

If you are confined to the web. Just google the real story of the Crusades.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Look at the statement. Spain was in reference to the many jihads into Europe., the inland ones.

I posted one site as an example, there are lots, and lots, of books on the subject.

If you are confined to the web. Just google the real story of the Crusades.
I'll take Norman Cantor's credentials over some guy on a "Mad World" (now that name invokes credibility) website who won't even use his real name but calls himself "Dom the Conservative".

Doesn't that alone ring alarm bells with you? Where are the critical thinking skills. As a conservative, I am embarrassed at the antics of some I share many philosophies with. They make Honey Boo Boo look intellectual.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM

55,644 posts, read 74,585,953 times
of a truth i tell you, the parties in dearborn could be heard for miles the night of 911.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I'll take Norman Cantor's credentials over some guy on a "Mad World" (now that name invokes credibility) website who won't even use his real name but calls himself "Dom the Conservative".

Doesn't that alone ring alarm bells with you? Where are the critical thinking skills. As a conservative, I am embarrassed at the antics of some I share many philosophies with. They make Honey Boo Boo look intellectual.
Obviously you are a "Kill the messenger type", this is written about endlessly, and if you don't like that particular writer, there are dozens more.

Are you implying there were no Jihads into Europe prior the crusades.

I can start listing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam