U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,082,976 times

Advertisements

And BTW, Thomas F. Madden is a good place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 PM

And Thomas Madden is a good place to start.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:59 PM

26 posts, read 17,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You see no difference in targeting known terrorist who are committing horrible atrocities and duly elected officials (and an innocent honor guard standing at a national monument to fallen soldiers)?

If you don't see the difference, then the world is indeed a sad place.
Duly elected officials vs terrorists...this is how you portray it. All I see are two factions with different ideals and political philosophies at war with one another. You bomb them in Afghanistan and Iraq, and they hit you in Canada. You target their officials, and they target yours. It's just that Westerners prefer that the nasty things involved in war stay far away from their shores. I can understand that.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:05 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,087,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
Duly elected officials vs terrorists...this is how you portray it. All I see are two factions with different ideals and political philosophies at war with one another. You bomb them in Afghanistan and Iraq, and they hit you in Canada. You target their officials, and they target yours. It's just that Westerners prefer that the nasty things involved in war stay far away from their shores. I can understand that.
I see. You are a Islamic Terrorist apologetic. Your attitude will not help solve the problem by excusing it.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
Islam has been on a rampage for 1400 years, with the last 200 being the quietest time in their history.
They were pushed out of Europe, and Thomas Jefferson kicked them out of the Med.
They remained in the mid east, until oil money and the prostitution of western politicians let them out of their cages..

But guess what.... Islam's back,... with the same philosophy of rob, rape, and kill, for Allah. And give 20% of the booty collected to the leader.
The religion cannot evolve, it is cast in stone, with addons of course, but the addons cannot conflict with the original writings.

Sure, you will run into muslims who are completely unawere of their own religion, I talk to them all the time.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:40 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
As a Canadian, the last few days of Islamic terrorism actions strike home. Targeted, religiously motivated terrorism. In my country.

And once again, the denunciation from Muslim leaders is deafening in their silence. This is a pattern that occurs so frequently that it is absolutely madding to those of us who want to believe that the greater majority of Muslims are opposed to these incidences, but all one hears is crickets.

Why is that? Is it the same concept of when there is police malfeasance, the "solid blue line" syndrome kicks in? Is there a fear factor?

Patience is wearing thin among those who would rather be inclusive. What happens then? Profiling certainly becomes more prevalent. Innocent Muslims will be viewed as suspicious, even if all they want to do is live in peace.

The Muslim community MUST step up and speak out. Even on this board, there has been no mention of the tragedy that occurred yesterday and two days ago.

Those of you who are Muslim need to understand that the more these events occur, and the more continued silence there is, the more prejudicial actions, both secular and political, will occur. Peoples patience is running out, mine included.
And exactly who should be doing the protesting, to what audience and by what means? there are no centrally organized "Muslim Leaders"

We also get frustrated because people never see things like THIS they just immediately jump to the per-conceived concept that Muslims do not condemn terrorism by other Muslims.

My question is why don't you and many other non-Muslims ever notice when we do condemn Muslims that commit terrorist acts.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-23-2014, 08:42 PM

Muslims generally condemn others only when the attacks are against themselves.

ie. if a Shia attacks a sunni, the sunni will condemn the attack.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 PM

If a Shia attacks a bunch of Jews, there will be no outrage.

LOL, You might get a token one.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,780,713 times
Well O says its just workplace violence don't you know.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:05 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,087,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
And exactly who should be doing the protesting, to what audience and by what means? there are no centrally organized "Muslim Leaders"

We also get frustrated because people never see things like THIS they just immediately jump to the per-conceived concept that Muslims do not condemn terrorism by other Muslims.

My question is why don't you and many other non-Muslims ever notice when we do condemn Muslims that commit terrorist acts.
Did you see my update here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/36994319-post14.html

I calls them when I don't see a reaction, and I will, as I did, also calls them when I do. Fair is fair.

Wonder which US, European or Middle Eastern Muslim organizations will comment? My hope is they should, my is question is why wait so long, and my bet is we will hear nothing.

We already know that the wait has happened.

The other concern is that even on this board, we have people excusing these acts. That is unacceptable, don't you agree?

To pretend that a problem does not exist does not make it go away. We know the problems are not with Hutterites, Mennonites, Sikhs, Jews, Atheists, Greek Orthodox, Southern Baptists, Baha'i Faith, Meso-American Indian religions, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Falun Gong, Wiccans or a plethora of other religions. The problem is with Muslims. Period.

And it is only moderate Muslims screaming loudly, often, and in all media, that it can only be started to be addressed. Many are waiting for that to happen. We've heard from some Canadian groups now. Where are the Al Sharptons or the Jesse Jacksons of the Muslim world who are there front and center when ever a black issue arises, but one doesn't see that fervency in the Muslim community to have a sustained campaign against these radicals. Questions will keep arising until that happens.

Woodrow, I respect you, but can you honestly say that there is a real desire to get involved by your compatriots? The rest of the world has not seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam