U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,085,728 times
Reputation: 4527

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Canadian muslim groups have condemned this. You wouldn't accept the Ahmadis as representative, fair enough, but how about the executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims? There are other gorups mentioned in this article as well. Hope this is what you were looking for and it can go a ways.

Ottawa shooting: Canadian Muslims denounce attacks - Ottawa - CBC News

Also, just gonna drop this in here...

Dark Threats and the Normalization of White Terror: Aboriginals, Muslims & South Americans in the #OttawaShooting | Eric Ritskes

All that said, I still have my concerns regarding all of this. I have to say that I am grateful to the Canadian imams who alerted authorities to the terrorists who tried to blow up a train between Montreal and Toronto recently, and I am grateful to Martin "Ahmad" Rouleau's imam who at least tried to work with the RCMP and his family to de-radicalize him, albeit unsuccessfully. Our good relations with our muslim neighbours is indeed one of our country's best defenses against terrorism. All that said, there are notorious, radical mosques in this country that preach ideologies that put us all at danger by encouraging enemies willing to commit violent acts to develop in our midst. We cannot (and never should!) ban ideologies in this country - it would be a violation of our principles I would never be willing to be pushed to. But we do need to find solutions to this or things will turn ugly. How could such a connundrum be better addressed?
Apparently you missed my post before anyone else pointed these out:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/36994319-post14.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:12 PM
 
671 posts, read 665,691 times
Reputation: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Canadian muslim groups have condemned this. You wouldn't accept the Ahmadis as representative, fair enough, but how about the executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims? There are other gorups mentioned in this article as well. Hope this is what you were looking for and it can go a ways.

Ottawa shooting: Canadian Muslims denounce attacks - Ottawa - CBC News

Also, just gonna drop this in here...

Dark Threats and the Normalization of White Terror: Aboriginals, Muslims & South Americans in the #OttawaShooting | Eric Ritskes

All that said, I still have my concerns regarding all of this. I have to say that I am grateful to the Canadian imams who alerted authorities to the terrorists who tried to blow up a train between Montreal and Toronto recently, and I am grateful to Martin "Ahmad" Rouleau's imam who at least tried to work with the RCMP and his family to de-radicalize him, albeit unsuccessfully. Our good relations with our muslim neighbours is indeed one of our country's best defenses against terrorism. All that said, there are notorious, radical mosques in this country that preach ideologies that put us all at danger by encouraging enemies willing to commit violent acts to develop in our midst. We cannot (and never should!) ban ideologies in this country - it would be a violation of our principles I would never be willing to be pushed to. But we do need to find solutions to this or things will turn ugly. How could such a connundrum be better addressed?
Another Islam apologist heard from,,go bow to the east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 PM
 
26 posts, read 17,859 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Only because you are excusing rather than condemning the issue.
I'm doing neither. I told you, I have no dog in this fight. I'm only interested in pointing out the double standards. And in this case, it's apparent that the West is fine with war as long at it takes place in the Middle East. Indeed, if an attack takes place on their soil, it is regarded as terrorism. One could opine that the West can dish it out, but can't take it. And you have so far failed to show me how this isn't the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 PM
 
26 posts, read 17,859 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is not war, it is terrorism....Learn the difference.
Of course, it's "terrorism" and "barbaric acts" as long as it happens it the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 PM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
If I cared what the average Westerner has to say about Islam, I'd visit jihad watch and the like.

Jihad watch is actually a pretty good site, I go there a little.

Robert spencer is one of the best Islamic scholars the west has to offer, though there are several who are worth listening to.

Bill Warner is another good one.

I try to avoid the Christian sites usually because they are biased toward Christianity, a religion I do not follow..

Of course Islam offers so much ammunition for ridicule, the sites really do not have to exaggerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 PM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
Of course, it's "terrorism" and "barbaric acts" as long as it happens it the West.
Actually most of the terrorism happens in the mid east.

If you check the terror meter, few are in western countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 PM
 
26 posts, read 17,859 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post

Robert spencer is one of the best Islamic scholars the west has to offer,
Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:22 PM
 
26 posts, read 17,859 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Actually most of the terrorism happens in the mid east.
Completely irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:25 PM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,082,597 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
You're welcome.

I like when people kill the messenger.

They cannot standup against the story, so they just get childish about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:27 PM
 
26 posts, read 17,859 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
You're welcome.

I like when people kill the messenger.

They cannot standup against the story, so they just get childish about it.
I kill the messenger after hearing what he has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top