Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 03:47 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,015,338 times

Advertisements

Some more 'peace' from the 'IS' boys ... Islamic State claims beheading of US aid worker, 18 Syrians

Old 11-16-2014, 04:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
What is the Muslim community doing to prevent the rest of the world thinking of them as barbarians that seem to think the activities of groups like ISIS/Alquedda are ok? Dont these people have relatives and family that could read them the riot act for their activities.
I'm hearing very little coming from the Muslim community condemning this type of barbaric behaviour.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:54 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,422,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What is the Muslim community doing to prevent the rest of the world thinking of them as barbarians that seem to think the activities of groups like ISIS/Alquedda are ok? Dont these people have relatives and family that could read them the riot act for their activities.
I'm hearing very little coming from the Muslim community condemning this type of barbaric behaviour.
And you will not.

What ISIS is doing is exactly what muhammed did, and to deny them is to deny Islam, putting their own heads at risk.

I stick up for muslims as being victims also, but common sense would dictate, get out of the cult, don't stay in unless you agree with the actions comitted.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post
Everything in Islam has to do with achieving peace. Islam=slm=salam=peace.
There is almost nothing in all of Islam that has to do with peace, and when there is, it only applies to the group you are in.

The world peace claimed by islam, comes only after they kill everyone else.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:26 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What is the Muslim community doing to prevent the rest of the world thinking of them as barbarians that seem to think the activities of groups like ISIS/Alquedda are ok? Dont these people have relatives and family that could read them the riot act for their activities.I'm hearing very little coming from the Muslim community condemning this type of barbaric behaviour.

They are the enemy of most Muslims Just as they are the enemy of non-Muslims.Virtually every Muslim has condemned and continues to condemn them.

If you have not noticed Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Saudi and other Islamic Nations are fighting an actual shooting war against the ISIS.

In addition many Imams, Scholars and Muftis are condemning ISIS through local fatwas.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

Old 11-16-2014, 06:29 AM

I knew you were going to post something like that.

the muslims who condemn them are for their own interests, not for the interests of the religion.

I would like to see you post something where the muslims are showing them they are not following Islam, and please, just ne so we can dissect it.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
They are the enemy of most Muslims Just as they are the enemy of non-Muslims.Virtually every Muslim has condemned and continues to condemn them.

If you have not noticed Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Saudi and other Islamic Nations are fighting an actual shooting war against the ISIS.

In addition many Imams, Scholars and Muftis are condemning ISIS through local fatwas.
I wonder if all this condemnation isnt just for political/religious posturing and in reality is more a wink wink nudge nudge affair.
Seems to me a combined military effort from those countries you listed should be much more effective at eliminating this brand of terrorist in short order.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:56 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I knew you were going to post something like that.

the muslims who condemn them are for their own interests, not for the interests of the religion.

I would like to see you post something where the muslims are showing them they are not following Islam, and please, just ne so we can dissect it.
No one can say who is or is not a Muslim that is strictly between the individual and Allaah(swt)

But it can be pointed out if a person is not following the Qur'an and/or Sunnah. ISIS is not doing such

Quote:
Thus, in view of all this, an Islamic state should have following characteristics:

1)It should be absolutely non-discriminatory on the basis of race, colour, language and nationality;
2)Guarantee gender equality;
3)Guarantee equal rights to all religious groups and accept plurality of religion as legitimate and;
4)It should be democratic in nature and its basic premise will be human dignity (al-Isra’ 17:70).

Read more: Grande Strategy

SOURCE

Old 11-16-2014, 07:06 AM

Posting something someone wrote is not what I am looking for, especially when it is posted in a misleading manor.

Just using #6 for example.

It is forbidden to kill innocent.
Non-muslims are already guilty.

Just scanning through your list I can see multiple falsehoods, and can rip apart virtually everything, with scripture.

Anyways, I contend ISIS is following in the footsteps of Muhammed, and I would like to see a muslim leader pointing out where they are not following Islam.

And BTW, A muslim leader in a free country, not worried about losing his head, is some pretty weak sauce, but I can still contest it.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:12 AM

Looking closer at that list, It was obviously made for dumb westerners, I can destroy the entire thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.