U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 10:52 AM

939 posts, read 649,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodMadeMein1day View Post
Insecure? Seriously, it states a lot when women have to conceal themselves completely, public stonings for adultery, rioting over their stupid little prophet being drawn in a cartoon, getting mad over absolutely everything? What is it with the over-sensitivity? Sex with different partners in life is a good and healthy thing, being open with your sexuality makes people more calm and healthy. All because some pedophile, warlord, evil bastard started a retarded religion all his followers take his bull **** philosophies too. Grow up followers of Islam.
Anytime a group of people are allowed to have laws in their favor, they will take advantage of it. Also, over time- a sense of entitlement will develop. Muslim men are born and raised in a culture and society where they are taught lies from day one. Independent thinking is rare in such cultures, and STRONGLY discouraged. Islam is a lie, but all people are subject to deception. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Don't believe this?- look at people in power!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 11:04 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,085,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Those who use Islam as an excuse for violence will only reap violence in return. A Muslim is to do all things in moderation and not be an aggressor.
I don't recall reading anything about that.

Yes there are verses not to be the aggressor, however when placed into the context they are written, and otner verses are added to it, aggression and jihad is mandatory.

Woodrew, you keep bringing in your version of Islam, and pretending it applies to all muslims, which it does not.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:10 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,308,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I don't recall reading anything about that.

Yes there are verses not to be the aggressor, however when placed into the context they are written, and otner verses are added to it, aggression and jihad is mandatory.

Woodrew, you keep bringing in your version of Islam, and pretending it applies to all muslims, which it does not.
No flavor of Islam applies to all. But all who Sincerly believe the Shahadah and have said it at least once with sincerity are Muslim

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,159,236 times
One thing for an absolute certainty: The American Way is NOT to chop off the head of any human being.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
One thing for an absolute certainty: The American Way is NOT to chop off the head of any human being.
The only time it is permitted in Islam is if a person has been found guilty of a capital offense. It may be the most humane form of capital punishment from what I read about botched lethal injections, messed up gas chambers and firing squads gone wrong.

Lethal injection might look neat and clean, but can you imagine the horror the condemned must feel when paralyzed by the injection and incapable of even crying out in pain.It is no better than beheading and death takes much longer.

Every nation that follows the Hanafi Madhab of Shariah has outlawed capital punishment or has never used it.

On a personal basis I do not see the defference in any form of execution as being humane. They all entail pain and cause death.

I am not an advocate of capital punishment and see any use of it as an indication of the failure of society.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Decapitation was Muhammeds favorite method of murder, and it is practiced by the people, regardless of who is in charge.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Decapitation was Muhammeds favorite method of murder, and it is practiced by the people, regardless of who is in charge.
Also has been a world wide practice among all types of people. I don't thinks there is any nation that has not used it.

What I can not understand is those who condone lethal injection but condemn beheading. Seems to be a bit paradoxical.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Also has been a world wide practice among all types of people. I don't thinks there is any nation that has not used it.

What I can not understand is those who condone lethal injection but condemn beheading. Seems to be a bit paradoxical.
I don't think it's the act itself as an execution, though many cultures consider it inhumane.

I think it's quick.

I think the big issue here is that because muhammed did it, and did it well and often, muslims are drawn to it to emulate their prophet.

Basically, everybody does it, and it is the favorite of the people who who follow the religion, as we can see in the news.

I have a clip of a muslim turning over his sword to his son, who is about ten, and he procedes to chop the head off a tied up prisioner.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's the act itself as an execution, though many cultures consider it inhumane.

I think it's quick.

I think the big issue here is that because muhammed did it, and did it well and often, muslims are drawn to it to emulate their prophet.

Basically, everybody does it, and it is the favorite of the people who who follow the religion, as we can see in the news.

I have a clip of a muslim turning over his sword to his son, who is about ten, and he procedes to chop the head off a tied up prisioner.
I saw that clip.

That same father would gladly behead me and all other Muslims that think as I do. Not all who wear the name of Muslim believe the same things.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:18 PM

But absolutely too many of them do, that is where the problem lies.

Like the Christian nutcase who bombed an abortion clinic on christmass day for a birthday present to Jesus.

Luckily he is the only one who believed in what he was doing.

If 25% of the Christians felt and acted that way, I would be all over them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or