U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 11:25 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,282,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Woodrow, your being as obtuse as some christian fundamentalists right now. When a radical group kills people because they can't recite verses from the Koran, that is religious. Don't try and paint it as something else.

It is as bad as those that support the Westboro Baptists.
I paint it as a criminal group trying to overthrow the government. With religious affiliation being a quick way to identify possible government supporters.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 11:50 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,083,185 times
Except this very thing happens all the time all over muslimville.

This is not an isolated incident, it is commonplace, used to identify sects, and non-muslims.

And it is committed by muslims who identify with their own sect.

Of course they are criminals, they are muslims preaching their view of Islam, the way muhammed did.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:04 AM

10,202 posts, read 6,089,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Except this very thing happens all the time all over muslimville.

This is not an isolated incident, it is commonplace, used to identify sects, and non-muslims.

And it is committed by muslims who identify with their own sect.

Of course they are criminals, they are muslims preaching their view of Islam, the way muhammed did.
Let's not forget that Moses, Daniel and a whole bunch of other OT characters were not exactly peaceful proponents.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Let's not forget that Moses, Daniel and a whole bunch of other OT characters were not exactly peaceful proponents.
Gee, maybe people should wake up.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,502,360 times
The 'peace' boys again ...

Frank Gardner: I will never forgive the terrorists who did this to me - Telegraph

Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Some snips from the link

Quote:
Forgiveness is not really an option,” says Frank Gardner, who was paralysed for life when he was shot six times by a terrorist gang. His friend and cameraman was killed in the attack 10 years ago.

The other members of the gang have long since perished in shoot-outs or blown themselves up, but Adel Al-Dhubaiti is expected to hang for crimes against Saudi Arabia, including his part in the attack on the reporter and Simon Cumbers, his cameraman, in Riyadh in June 2004.
Interesting side note. I do not begrudge Frank Gardner for not forgiving the man who shot him. But, as the injured party under Saudi law, he has it within his power to save his assailant from hanging. Under Saudi law as the injured he can forgive his assailant or request a lighter sentence.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Here we have the perfect example of muslim mentality.

A group in the 21st century, goes on a murder spree for their religion, and someone can justify their actions, because a character in another religion, a character the religion itself cannot prove even existed, did it 4000 years ago.

With that kind of logic, everyone should be allowed to wear necklaces of human hands and hearts, because Coatlicue did it 5000 years ago.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Here we have the perfect example of muslim mentality.

A group in the 21st century, goes on a murder spree for their religion, and someone can justify their actions, because a character in another religion, a character the religion itself cannot prove even existed, did it 4000 years ago.

With that kind of logic, everyone should be allowed to wear necklaces of human hands and hearts, because Coatlicue did it 5000 years ago.
Uhhhh, Cupper3 is an Atheist.

I doubt he was posting as an example of "Muslim mentality"

Old 11-23-2014, 06:21 AM

I know he is not muslim, I gave an example of what muslims do all the time when confronted with the evils of Islam.

First they blame the Jews,
Then blame the Christians.
Then say it must be in Arabic to understand.
Then it is out of context.
Then change the subject

A series of excused to avoid facing the facts, deflecting the issue to something else.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Some snips from the link

Interesting side note. I do not begrudge Frank Gardner for not forgiving the man who shot him. But, as the injured party under Saudi law, he has it within his power to save his assailant from hanging. Under Saudi law as the injured he can forgive his assailant or request a lighter sentence.
And laws life this are an insult to civilized behavior.

Here the law is based on bribery, payoffs, threats and intimidation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or