U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 11:09 AM

2,050 posts, read 662,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Nice graph on violent crime. Here's another one:

How you spin the rise and fall of violent crimes in the USA is extremely dependent upon what start-date you use. Violent crime was much lower in 1960 than it is today. So does a move away from religion equate to less violent crime??

There's lots of ways to spin this stuff. Here's another example:

If you would like to create a thread to discuss this further, I'm game. But I think we're effectively hijacked this thread and need to stop.
Christian believer if it moved away from his religion shall be liable for the commission of crimes by the largest
The closer religion ratio decreased

Christ's teachings is the general character of peace and love
And tolerance
For this reason, the Christian believer The further away from the teachings of his religion increasing crime ratio has
While the Muslim be the other way around
The further away from the central Muslim teachings of the Koran crime has decreased
The closer of the teachings of Muhammad and the teachings of the Koran increased crime ratio has
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 12:08 AM

8,040 posts, read 4,205,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
He still has not given us where the source data came from, even though asked. That is either avoiding the response, or worse, is being purposefully deceitful.
I don't even remember this thread, but it strongly underscores one of the fatal flaws to old-school forums like city-data. The forum doesn't tell you when somebody has replied to you and prompt you to reply back. So unless you're following the thread, a whole lot of conversations just end abruptly. Looks like I posted that last a year and a half ago.

What I think is most evident from the graph (which I aparently found on Polyticks: A Secular Humanist Manifesto.) is that large increases in violent crime coincided with Prohibition and the War on Drugs. So the strongest issue impacting high violent crime -- according to the graph -- is when certain personal choices are made illegal and a massive black market ends up getting created to meet the demand for those illegal choices. I honestly don't remember where I was going with that.

What is noteworthy is that the worst evils humanity has experienced has been at the hands of utopiast atheists who instituted Marxism. Atheists are more eager to disassociate themselves with Marxism than Catholicism is to the Inquisitions. I can't blame them. Having the two greatest mass-murders in human history both as atheists is an uncomfortable thing indeed. Atheists like to chalk it up to happenstance and claim that Marxism was never inherently atheistic, yet violent wholesale persecution of all non-atheists was systemic in the PRC, the USSR, North Korea, Vietnam, Eastern Europe, Cambodia -- and even Cuba which you pointed to as an exception. In each case, atheist Communist leaders pursued the eradication of religion with vigor (some more than others of course) until something or another happened to slow them down. Then they reversed course and made an uneasy truce with religion.

That doesn't prove that atheism is inherently violent or evil or whatever else. It clearly demonstrates that one specific atheistic utopiast system -- Marxism -- is guilty of horrible things and that every instance of Marxism has seen government murdering it's own citizens at terrifying rates. We could conclude that by making atheism the official state religion, those nations lost their conscience and that is why Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot slaughtered their respective millions. Is that a fair conclusion? Maybe, maybe not. All we really know for certain is that the only system of government in human history wherein atheism was the predominant and official state religion was guilty of the worst crimes against humanity ever. IMHO, that is enough for humanity to exercise great caution with the whole business of "phasing out religion." It might just lead to some very bad outcomes.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Christian believer if it moved away from his religion shall be liable for the commission of crimes by the largest
The closer religion ratio decreased

Christ's teachings is the general character of peace and love
And tolerance
For this reason, the Christian believer The further away from the teachings of his religion increasing crime ratio has
While the Muslim be the other way around
The further away from the central Muslim teachings of the Koran crime has decreased
The closer of the teachings of Muhammad and the teachings of the Koran increased crime ratio has
As I am a Christian, I naturally want to believe what you're saying as it would seem to validate Christianity. Still, I'd like to see the claimed correlation of closely following the Koran and high levels of crime better demonstrated. For example, ISIS disobeys a long list of commands from the Koran. So did the Taliban and Al Qeda. Yet these are typical of the most violent societies within the Muslim world in the past half century.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
As I am a Christian, I naturally want to believe what you're saying as it would seem to validate Christianity. Still, I'd like to see the claimed correlation of closely following the Koran and high levels of crime better demonstrated. For example, ISIS disobeys a long list of commands from the Koran. So did the Taliban and Al Qeda. Yet these are typical of the most violent societies within the Muslim world in the past half century.
Have you ever heard a Christian cleric
Calls for hatred against Muslims
I know a Christian cleric
Muslims kidnapped by in Iraq
Having been freed to leave Iraq
But he says Muslims are brothers
It represents the teachings
But I'm far from the Christian religion
I disagreed with him in this

there was with me in military service
Insured person in the Islamic religion
I gave him a lot of brotherly service, but he refused the word brother
Many details
This from personal experience
But the field of intellectual differs
Affect the human personality
Child who is brought up in a Christian family
Brought up on the teachings of Christ
They are known
Calls for peace and love
That's notes that tolerance is a feature of the Christian attributes
generally
That is why Christianity does not produce religious terrorism
So the prospects for the production of Christian terrorism in very low
But individual crime, not terrorism
When you get his harem was killed for personal reasons, not terrorism
For this reason, whenever glued to the Christian religion in Taalin Tnkqd relative terrorism has
But the further away from the teachings of his religion rising proportion of terrorism has
This equation can be applied to Muslims
You can see the opposite
I managed to survive the25 year with Muslims
I was a friend to those who do not abide by the Koran,
They They were kind
But when someone Fulbright grants prayer and fasting was turning against me
Like I was dealing with a new man,

If I came back the hands of time back
I will not be able to service a single day of my life with a Muslim is not honey
Nevertheless
I call on Muslims to rethink that in the Koran and the teachings of the Koran
And to this day I do not advertise my hatred for them
But I have the right to tell them that the Koran encourages terrorism Dgwat
This is the word of love

Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Have you ever heard a Christian cleric
Calls for hatred against Muslims
I know a Christian cleric
Muslims kidnapped by in Iraq
Having been freed to leave Iraq
But he says Muslims are brothers
It represents the teachings
But I'm far from the Christian religion
I disagreed with him in this

there was with me in military service
Insured person in the Islamic religion
I gave him a lot of brotherly service, but he refused the word brother
Many details
This from personal experience
But the field of intellectual differs
Affect the human personality
Child who is brought up in a Christian family
Brought up on the teachings of Christ
They are known
Calls for peace and love
That's notes that tolerance is a feature of the Christian attributes
generally
That is why Christianity does not produce religious terrorism
So the prospects for the production of Christian terrorism in very low
But individual crime, not terrorism
When you get his harem was killed for personal reasons, not terrorism
For this reason, whenever glued to the Christian religion in Taalin Tnkqd relative terrorism has
But the further away from the teachings of his religion rising proportion of terrorism has
This equation can be applied to Muslims
You can see the opposite
I managed to survive the 25 year with Muslims
I was a friend to those who do not abide by the Koran,
They They were kind
But when someone Fulbright grants prayer and fasting was turning against me
Like I was dealing with a new man,

If I came back the hands of time back
I will not be able to service a single day of my life with a Muslim is not honey
Nevertheless
I call on Muslims to rethink that in the Koran and the teachings of the Koran
And to this day I do not advertise my hatred for them
But I have the right to tell them that the Koran encourages terrorism Dgwat
This is the word of love
One of the troubles with Islam will always be Mohammed's transformation from being a prophet and messenger of peace into being a conqueror. The great prophet of Islam kicks off the tradition of spreading the religion of peace through violent means. Still, the teachings of the Koran are surprisingly tolerant of, especially of Judaism and Christianity -- in practice, a tolerance has varied from being arduously upheld to being completely ignored through the course of Muslim history. Muslims who are willing to maintain a "live and let live" relationship with other religions can be as devoutly Muslim as you like and still be wonderful people and model citizens. In predominantly Muslim nations, things get pretty screwed up of course. Muslim behavior closely resembles Medieval Christianity. Far too often, the are violently intolerant of anything but Islam, at best treating non-Muslims as second class citizens and at worst massacring them wholesale. Christianity seems to have grown out of such behavior for the most part.

Still, Christianity certainly has produced terrorism. Sure, it's a lot less common right now than we see in Islam, but it certainly exists. The Irish Republican Army is a terrorist organization of Catholics seeking to massacre Protestants and utilizing terrorism to achieve their goals. The Spanish Inquisitions and other all other Inquisitions were pretty grisly affairs. Protestant often nations sought to eradicate Catholics as well. Pogroms -- massacres of Jews -- occurred regularly in Christian history, with the Jewish Holocaust being the worst and most recent example. There are Christians doing some pretty horrible things in the Central African Republic right now. Christian terrorism is obviously much less common than Muslim terrorism, but it certainly does exist.

I think the problem is human nature. Human beings have a bad habit of violently attacking anyone who disagrees with their most cherished beliefs. Christianity's core teachings are extremely tolerant, but Christians can and have ignored Christ's teachings in order to excuse themselves in doing horrible things. It's a human problem more than anything. I sincerely hope that Muslims get over their current affliction with this problem -- the sooner the better.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
One of the troubles with Islam will always be Mohammed's transformation from being a prophet and messenger of peace into being a conqueror. The great prophet of Islam kicks off the tradition of spreading the religion of peace through violent means. Still, the teachings of the Koran are surprisingly tolerant of, especially of Judaism and Christianity --
Not Islam is not tolerant of Jews and Christians
This talk on paper
Koran and Muslims imposed jizya on Christians
The Koran also says
------ Who fought to the end of verse
Quote:
in practice, a tolerance has varied from being arduously upheld to being completely ignored through the course of Muslim history. Muslims who are willing to maintain a "live and let live" relationship with other religions can be as devoutly Muslim as you like and still be wonderful people and model citizens. In predominantly Muslim nations, things get pretty screwed up of course. Muslim behavior closely resembles Medieval Christianity. Far too often, the are violently intolerant of anything but Islam, at best treating non-Muslims as second class citizens and at worst massacring them wholesale. Christianity seems to have grown out of such behavior for the most part.
Koran in which religious discrimination effectively
Religious discrimination is similar to racial discrimination
Alzzmmmh concept of fare worse forms of discrimination
It is a component of Islamic Thought

Quote:
Still, Christianity certainly has produced terrorism. Sure, it's a lot less common right now than we see in Islam, but it certainly exists. The Irish Republican Army is a terrorist organization of Catholics seeking to massacre Protestants and utilizing terrorism to achieve their goals. The Spanish Inquisitions and other all other Inquisitions were pretty grisly affairs. Protestant often nations sought to eradicate Catholics as well. Pogroms -- massacres of Jews -- occurred regularly in Christian history, with the Jewish Holocaust being the worst and most recent example. There are Christians doing some pretty horrible things in the Central African Republic right now. Christian terrorism is obviously much less common than Muslim terrorism, but it certainly does exist.
Christianity does not produce terrorism
There is no clear text in the Gospel calls for terrorism
Known Gospel
Gave me a clear mandate from the teachings of the Gospel where fighting
While the Koran in which more than education for fighting
This affects effectively boiled rights
Crusades was caused by Muslims
Because the creature Fatimid issued orders for the burning of churches in Palestine
The Europeans are defending the sanctities of Christians in Vastin that's right

I think the problem is human nature. Human beings have a bad habit of violently attacking anyone who disagrees with their most cherished beliefs. Christianity's core teachings are extremely tolerant, but Christians can and have ignored Christ's teachings in order to excuse themselves in doing horrible things. It's a human problem more than anything. I sincerely hope that Muslims get over their current affliction with this problem -- the sooner the better.
Hitler's military leaders are also caused by the wars, the worldly interests

There is no jihad for God in Christianity
God made man does not need even kills man
God in Christianity
Strong and capable of everything
Allah in Islam is weak
Humans are fighting for
Hitler did not say that the war in order to fight the infidels in London

Germans are the people aspire to control and he wants to have the glories of boiled ground
For this was the German people fighting
He glory
And not for the sake of God
Holocaust
The political reasons
And not for religious reasons
True Christian respects Jews
Because Christ was a Jew also

Old 07-06-2016, 06:03 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,094,889 times
Quote:
I don't even remember this thread, but it strongly underscores one of the fatal flaws to old-school forums like city-data. The forum doesn't tell you when somebody has replied to you and prompt you to reply back. So unless you're following the thread, a whole lot of conversations just end abruptly. Looks like I posted that last a year and a half ago.

Subscribe to the thread (you can set this up to automatically subscribe to any thread you posted in), and you will be notified if you open up your subscribed thread view. It is my default setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or