U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:56 AM

5,626 posts, read 5,167,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
If I am not mistaken, right there is a command in the bible for women to cover their hair? So its an order from god. Please correct me if I am wrong
Yes there are verses for modesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I believe there is a Jewish command, however the jews have long since evolved.
so its somehow not relevant to now then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
Is that mean its in the Old Testament? Aren't Christians following that too?
Yes they follow old and new. How can someone only follow 1/2 a book?
-----
1 Timothy 2:9
1 Peter 3:3-4
Proverbs 31:30
Matthew 5:28
Deuteronomy 22:5
1 John 2:16

Some common OT and NT verses given when asked about womens modesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 AM

33,593 posts, read 20,461,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This reads like a Muslim bashing thread. Does OP know any Muslims? Probably not. But I do, and they are really nice people. We have different views on religion. I have none. They have some. But, since OP has different religious views (presumably Christianity), they are automatically the "right ones."
I agree with you. I am a Christian, I also know some very nice Muslim people. It is the radicals cause trouble, not all Muslims.

and obviously, not ALL Muslim women cover their faces.

Look at these dating sites

Muslim Matrimonial, Muslim Marriage, Muslim Singles

Welcome to SingleMuslim.com - Single Muslim USA

Obviously, Muslims women have the freedom to choose their own marriage partners.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:06 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,096,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Yes there are verses for modesty

Yes they follow old and new. How can someone only follow 1/2 a book?
-----
1 Timothy 2:9
1 Peter 3:3-4
Proverbs 31:30
Matthew 5:28
Deuteronomy 22:5
1 John 2:16

Some common OT and NT verses given when asked about womens modesty.

I noticed only 2 NT passages, and neither speaks the way you are trying to express.

And what do you mean by half a book, the bible you are referring to is actually 66 books, and if you know anything about Christianity, the coming of the NT overrules the OT.
The OT is nothing more than a history book.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with you. I am a Christian, I also know some very nice Muslim people. It is the radicals cause trouble, not all Muslims.

and obviously, not ALL Muslim women cover their faces.

Look at these dating sites

Muslim Matrimonial, Muslim Marriage, Muslim Singles

Welcome to SingleMuslim.com - Single Muslim USA

Obviously, Muslims women have the freedom to choose their own marriage partners.
NO, some muslim women have that right, and you will find them mostly in free countries, though there is an increasing number of honor killings happening in these very countries, for this exact reason.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
I noticed only 2 NT passages, and neither speaks the way you are trying to express.

And what do you mean by half a book, the bible you are referring to is actually 66 books, and if you know anything about Christianity, the coming of the NT overrules the OT.
The OT is nothing more than a history book.
I was referring to the other poster i quoted. Those are, as I said, the common given verses for a womans modesty. I didnt say they were the rules, end all, top choices for a college paper on the subject.

Find me ONE verse that says the OT doesnt matter at all and the NT is the only thing we should refer to. Find me that exact verse and Ill apologize to you for thinking youre an idiot for believing and spreading such hogwash.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:

That's correct, not relevant at all.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I was referring to the other poster i quoted. Those are, as I said, the common given verses for a womans modesty. I didnt say they were the rules, end all, top choices for a college paper on the subject.

Find me ONE verse that says the OT doesnt matter at all and the NT is the only thing we should refer to. Find me that exact verse and Ill apologize to you for thinking youre an idiot for believing and spreading such hogwash.
You will not find verses, but if you knew anything about the religion, you would know the difference between the OT and NT.

The Christians stole the God from the jews, and wrote their own book, all religions do this.
Islam did it when they took the God from the Christians.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:18 AM

I believe the only part where they use the laws from the OT, and is still in some controversy, is where jesus claims to enforce the laws of moses.

But even here, the Christians do not use the hundreds of laws in the Torah, but rather the ten comandments.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:21 AM

Quote:
You will not find verses, but if you knew anything about the religion, you would know the difference between the OT and NT.

The Christians stole the God from the jews, and wrote their own book, all religions do this.
Islam did it when they took the God from the Christians.
Quote:
I believe the only part where they use the laws from the OT, and is still in some controversy, is where jesus claims to enforce the laws of moses.

But even here, the Christians do not use the hundreds of laws in the Torah, but rather the ten comandments.
Ok well im going to bed now, Ill be up in about 8hrs, let me know if you find that verse.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Ok well im going to bed now, Ill be up in about 8hrs, let me know if you find that verse.
Of course you are going to bed, you have nothing to argue about.

But here is the only verse I was speaking of, from Mathew.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

And as I said, Christians will say this applies only to the ten commandments.

Christians do not use the Torah in any part of their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or