U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,972 times

Advertisements

Insecure? Seriously, it states a lot when women have to conceal themselves completely, public stonings for adultery, rioting over their stupid little prophet being drawn in a cartoon, getting mad over absolutely everything? What is it with the over-sensitivity? Sex with different partners in life is a good and healthy thing, being open with your sexuality makes people more calm and healthy. All because some pedophile, warlord, evil bastard started a retarded religion all his followers take his bull **** philosophies too. Grow up followers of Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:38 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,326,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodMadeMein1day View Post
Insecure? Seriously, it states a lot when women have to conceal themselves completely, public stonings for adultery, rioting over their stupid little prophet being drawn in a cartoon, getting mad over absolutely everything? What is it with the over-sensitivity? Sex with different partners in life is a good and healthy thing, being open with your sexuality makes people more calm and healthy. All because some pedophile, warlord, evil bastard started a retarded religion all his followers take his bull **** philosophies too. Grow up followers of Islam.
Those seem to be very common misconceptions and stereotypical views of Muslims.

Perhaps you could begin by starting with a single belief you have about Islam and why you believe it is true?

Perhaps we can start with the first sentence:

Seriously, it states a lot when women have to conceal themselves completely.

First a test:

Here are 2 pictures one is Christian women and one is Muslim women which is which.

Picture A

Picture B

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-09-2014, 11:00 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,086,840 times
Bad example.

muslim women conceal themselves because muhammed made a statement saying so.

And nuns wear that stuff when working, yes, you may see one at the beach in a bikini.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:12 AM

14,698 posts, read 8,536,809 times
Gotta love those stereotypes. I look like the woman in the far right of picture A. I am not religious at all, but I wear salwar kameez (typical Pakistani garb for women) when I go to Indian pujas to show repect to my father's Hindu religion. I'm not even full Indian, either.

This reads like a Muslim bashing thread. Does OP know any Muslims? Probably not. But I do, and they are really nice people. We have different views on religion. I have none. They have some. But, since OP has different religious views (presumably Christianity), they are automatically the "right ones."

Old 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,326,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Bad example.

muslim women conceal themselves because muhammed made a statement saying so.

And nuns wear that stuff when working, yes, you may see one at the beach in a bikini.
The command for covering is from the Qur'an. It does not require the Burqa, Hijab and Niqaab that are common in the Arabian Nations. Which is actually the best choice for a desert region prone to unexpected sand storms.

When I was in the Sahara I very soon chose to dress as the Berbers and Tauregs. Took only one sandstorm to convince me.

The Islamic Dress code for men and women is not as strict as some people assume

It is explained HERE

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-09-2014, 11:47 AM

Say to the believing men (first) that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.And (then) say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms (24:30-3

It is also mentioned over a dozen times in the Hadieth.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 PM

120 posts, read 107,809 times
If I am not mistaken, right there is a command in the bible for women to cover their hair? So its an order from god. Please correct me if I am wrong

Old 11-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
If I am not mistaken, right there is a command in the bible for women to cover their hair? So its an order from god. Please correct me if I am wrong
I believe there is a Jewish command, however the jews have long since evolved.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:21 PM

120 posts, read 107,809 times
Is that mean its in the Old Testament? Aren't Christians following that too? Another question, where nuns dressing like that came from?

Old 11-09-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
Is that mean its in the Old Testament? Aren't Christians following that too? Another question, where nuns dressing like that came from?
The OT is Jewish, and the NT changes it.
All religions do that when they steal a God from another.

Islam did the same thing.

All religions have their own particular costumes, I am not sure where the catholics came up with that one, but I am pretty sure it can be looked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or