Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:47 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times

Advertisements

And why are you using Shia when you think it is convenient
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 07:02 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
And why are you using Shia when you think it is convenient
Hanafi is the largest and oldest Sunni Madhab. The Shia do not follow any of the 4 Sunni Madhabs. Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i and Hambali.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
This is one of the major problems with Islam.

All he is doing is following the religion, In his mind he did nothing wrong, and actually did what muhammed did and Allah ordered.
The killing of all non-believers.

The Islam apologists will quote verses, which are not applicable, pretending they are, but The religion itself orders this stuff.

One of the reasons islam is so dangerous in the west, is this kind of teaching is available, and none of the muslim leaders will address it.

Instead you will get an excuse.
Sorry, but no.

Linky:

What do today's Muslims need and what does Islam have to offer? by Dr. Sherif Abdel Azeem Mohammad in Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Old 11-21-2014, 08:18 PM

You obviously need to read abut muhammed.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
You obviously need to read abut muhammed.
If nothing else I will acknowledge that Pruzhany knows much more about Islam than I do. He has had and continues to have face to face contact with Palestinians in Israel. He is also very literate in
Arabic

I might disagree with him about many religious matters, but I will not deny his knowledge. He is not Muslim but I do recognize he is quite knowledgeable about Islam and one of the few non-Muslims that can examine Islam with an Arabic view.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM

Woodrow.

Examining it from an Arabic view, or a muslim view seems to be different in so many ways.

I examine it from the written documentation, the one causing all the trouble in the world.

The one all of muslimville reverts back to whenever there is an overthrow.

Whatever the different sects change it into, is not the way to examine the basic religion.

It is too late to re-write it into what the different sects want it to be, you are stuck with the original.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Ah... i think it was workplace violence.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
...He has had and continues to have face to face contact with Palestinians in Israel.....
fyi:
Actually for the majority of time it's Arabs & Muslims (not all are Arabs) in the Middle East and not Palestinians in Israel. The Arabs I have contact with in Israel, don't consider themselves Palestinians. For simplicity they are Ottomans. Generationally wise we lived around or near Jerusalem because it was a hub for commerce and not really a center for religion.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
You obviously need to ....
Here's a new link. Read it and see what you think.

Arab Labor (TV show related to Israelis and Palestinians)

Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 AM

You are doing exactly what Woodrow does.

Todays muslims....as though they are a collective issue.

the serious issue here is the separation of the written Islamic doctrine, and todays muslims.

Todays muslims are different as night and day, but the common bond is the acknowledgment of Muhammed, one of the most vile people who ever lived.

But who was Muhammed, what did he do???

It seems todays muslims are divided into many groups, those who follow the teachings of muhammed, and those who hide the teachings from themselves and the rest of the world.

And it is the denial, that causes many of the problems with your relationship with the west.

I am all for creating a new Muhammed, Islam needs one, but you will be faced with the same problems, you will have to kill all the muslims who will not let go of the original.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam