U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 05:56 PM

22,299 posts, read 25,062,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I won't dwell on "this is America and OUR traditional yearly holiday's" why? because there is another side to this saga that few will get albeit a indirect collaboration by this particular school board and district with Muslims. The agnostics and atheists in the school system along with a handful of community supporters conveniently allowed the Muslims to surrogate their spin and mutual hatred for the christian and Jewish God of Abraham ( Messianics as with christian Yeshua) This community and county will suffer judgment within this Shemitah year a collapse of the economy the potential or disaster,illness and accidental deaths. NEVER remove God. We Christians do not fear anything Muslim. We are forever grafted to the olive branch of the Jew so we will have manger with a huge menorah 20 ft high! I promise Hanukkah and Christmas will not be ruined in spirit if not open celebrations,
Shemitah is part of Judaism. You Christians follow nothing from our Torah. Jewish holidays are on their calendars because a majority of the teachers are Jewish So please keep us out of this.

Shmita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you think the Muslims did something odd, then read the union link I listed a few posts back. You'll see the Christians were able to create a day called "Easter Monday" where the schools are closed and it's a paid holiday for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 AM

16,807 posts, read 5,597,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
Thing is, Christmas isnt really a christian holiday anymore.

Christmas began as a pagan holiday which evolved into a christian holiday which has now turned into a secular holiday.

Seriously what does rudolph and frosty the snowman have to do with the bible?
Nothing, I believe in the Messiah but I was always down at the school getting my kids out before all their religious parties, they would send Christian themed homework and I threatened to sue time and time again.

It is so irritating for people to think that they have the responsibility of bringing your child into their culture. They thought I was Satan or something, antichrist because I believed in the NT, but I didn't want them forcing religion on my child.

Freaking East Texas teachers doing what they want, and they think God has given them the right to teach your kid anything they want.

Christmas and Easter should not be a part of public school.

Majority rules though.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You Christians follow nothing from our Torah.

This is why I say that I am not a Christian

Caught between two worlds.

What you say is about the majority, it is not true with everyone who believes in Christ.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:47 AM

I have to wonder what I had done to my child. I alienated him by picking him up from school{kept away from religious events at school}, and it stayed with him, he is not like the majority.

But I should not be put in the place to alienate my child like that.

I can't figure out if I did the right thing or the wrong thing and that angers me, it makes me angry with myself and angry with the people who put me in that situation.

So you are a Christian and you move to a town which happens to be all Muslim. Naturally, the Muslims are no doubt going to bring that culture into school, and so when feasts come around, are you going to pick your child up from school and alienate him from the rest of his class to where everyone talks about him?

I could just see the shoe on the other foot if a Christian took his child to a public school and all the children were Muslims and the teachers thought it was their responsibility to teach your child about Muslim feasts.

They would freak out.

It's a hell of a thing to mess with somebody else's child.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:50 PM

32,525 posts, read 31,518,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have to wonder what I had done to my child. I alienated him by picking him up from school{kept away from religious events at school}, and it stayed with him, he is not like the majority.

But I should not be put in the place to alienate my child like that.

I can't figure out if I did the right thing or the wrong thing and that angers me, it makes me angry with myself and angry with the people who put me in that situation.
Why are you angry with them? What happened is a result of decisions YOU made. Including the decision to live there.

It would be the same for someone who moved to a town with a Muslim majority. It's called "personal responsibility". Eisenhower established a highway system and the 13th amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery. If you didn't like what they did in Texas, you should have gotten on the I-40 and pointed your car out of Texas.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:09 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,208,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christmas and Easter should not be a part of public school.
They were sure a big part of school when I was growing up in south Florida in the 1950's and 60's. We even had special Easter performances where we would all sing "The old rugged cross" or my favorite "Gladly, the cross-eyed bear".

Heck, these performances never did me any harm. They never for even one second caused me to believe in any gods.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:21 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,122,430 times
I grew up with the same thing, and there were no problems, however now we have many other Gods that have the same legal presence represented, and some of these Gods do not work and play well with others.

We simply cannot turn our classrooms into a battleground.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:41 PM

518 posts, read 379,564 times
We should be able to observe all types of holiday and holy day's. In some states they still have Robert E. Lee birthday as a holiday and Confederate memorial day right along with MLK day. They co-exist and all races take the holiday. In my state the state employees in 2 counties (not the entire state) observe and shut down for Mardis Gras. The holiday's should reflect the will of the people.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,122,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
We should be able to observe all types of holiday and holy day's. In some states they still have Robert E. Lee birthday as a holiday and Confederate memorial day right along with MLK day. They co-exist and all races take the holiday. In my state the state employees in 2 counties (not the entire state) observe and shut down for Mardis Gras. The holiday's should reflect the will of the people.
Your comment is typical of the Christian type mentality so prevalent in the US.

Just observe them all, and life will be rosy.

It does not work that way with religion

Some of these religions "KILL" the others. and not just because the people decide to kill, but because the religion orders them to kill.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:31 PM

518 posts, read 379,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Your comment is typical of the Christian type mentality so prevalent in the US.

Just observe them all, and life will be rosy.

It does not work that way with religion

Some of these religions "KILL" the others. and not just because the people decide to kill, but because the religion orders them to kill.
Those are not religions, they are ungodly, satan serving cults. They should be driven out of the USA or done away with in some other fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or