U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,085,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Islam coexisted with Judaism for hundreds of years, it wasn't until the last 100 years did problems arise. Even with the creation of Israel, there was no mass slaughter of Jews in Muslim counties. They were evicted.
Islam never co-existed with Judism, except in rare circomstances, and the major factors were military dominance.

If the Jews had the upper hand, yes the muslims would co-exist.
If the muslims had the upper hand, the jews were dhimminies.

One time in Spain they joined forces against the Christians.

However is we are to assume the muslims violated the laws of islam just to live with the Jews for a period of time, that is a little naive.

And there were lots of mass slaughters of jews in muslim land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 07:53 AM

21,380 posts, read 24,159,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post

And there were lots of mass slaughters of jews in muslim land.
Over the past 1400 years around 12,000 does not add up to a mass slaughter. But they occurred in a few incidents. Jews for the most part were protected individuals.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Over the past 1400 years around 12,000 does not add up to a mass slaughter. But they occurred in a few incidents. Jews for the most part were protected individuals.
Jews were only protected when they accepted Dhimmine status.

Dhimmines were needed for the income they brought in, paying the Jizya, a high tax to be allowed to live.

In fact there is a famous Calief, I would have to look him up, and I will probably make a post about it, where he did not allow conversions.
Jews were converting in name only, to avoid the tax.

Muhammed de-humanized the jews, and the religion stresses the extermination of them.

They left the middle east in droves starting around the 7th century through the 10th, settleing in Europe, mostly in Spain and along the Rhine river.
here they got crap from the good Christians..

Old 11-20-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Jews were only protected when they accepted Dhimmine status.

Dhimmines were needed for the income they brought in, paying the Jizya, a high tax to be allowed to live.

In fact there is a famous Calif, I would have to look him up, and I will probably make a post about it, where he did not allow conversions.
Jews were converting in name only, to avoid the tax.

Muhammad dehumanized the Jews, and the religion stresses the extermination of them.

They left the middle east in droves starting around the 7th century through the 10th, settleing in Europe, mostly in Spain and along the Rhine river.
here they got crap from the good Christians..
The Jews were treated extremely worse under Christianity then nearly any year under Islam.

Christians and Anti-Semitism: A Calendar of Jewish Persecution

Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 AM

The jews got a raw deal everywhere they went. They were easy targets, merchants.

Something common when one religion steals a God from another, they turn on the originators.

However we are now in the 21st century, and the Christian religion does not de-humanize them,

Old 11-20-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:

However we are now in the 21st century, and the Christian religion does not dehumanize them,
Please come into the real world. I can't count the amount of times that when I spoke Hebrew or Arabic that I've gotten the we don't serve your kind here (cafe/restaurant) line. Yet when I've spoken European languages in Muslim countries, I've never had the situation come up. Now if I add the US, Arabs and Muslims have picked up the bad habits of Christians.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Please come into the real world. I can't count the amount of times that when I spoke Hebrew or Arabic that I've gotten the we don't serve your kind here (cafe/restaurant) line. Yet when I've spoken European languages in Muslim countries, I've never had the situation come up. Now if I add the US, Arabs and Muslims have picked up the bad habits of Christians.
I suppose we can cast blame in any direction, but hey, that is who they plagerized the religion from, along with others.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 AM

And here again, it is not written into the Christian religion.
Just because you cot a bad rap, from what you think is a Christian, does not reflect on the religion.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
And here again, it is not written into the Christian religion.
For one to actually know what was actually written by the original Christians, needs to be able to read Hebrew,Aramaic, Greek and Latin. Past that you are looking at mistranslations and transliterations that have little to no connection to the original texts. I've discussed this in past years in all three forums with numerous other people who can also understand these languages and most have walked away in disgust when easy to read English is typed and expected to be 100% correct when we know it's not.

Back to breakfast.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
For one to actually know what was actually written by the original Christians, needs to be able to read Hebrew,Aramaic, Greek and Latin. Past that you are looking at mistranslations and transliterations that have little to no connection to the original texts. I've discussed this in past years in all three forums with numerous other people who can also understand these languages and most have walked away in disgust when easy to read English is typed and expected to be 100% correct when we know it's not.

Back to breakfast.
Total fail..
The new testament was written in Greek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or