U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 PM

10 posts, read 14,693 times

Advertisements

As Salaam Alaikum my question is Im a Convert/Revert to Islam my question im 27 years old single/unmmarried/male I have always had a degree of respect and admired the terrorism expert Steven Emerson I know many Muslims hate him they call him Islamophobic I know im just one individual I don't speak for all Muslims as a collective I have watched Emerson's Documentary called Jihad in America made in 1994 I think it makes valid points Im not sure if I agree with everything Emerson says Im sure hes open to criticism anyways I known about him before I was muslim I find him to be an interesting person I don't hate the guy thats all also Emerson does support Muslims that are anti terrorism as long as they don't lie about it does this make me an apostate I found these quotes from what I know many Non Muslims mostly Left Wingers don't like Emerson much ?

``There are fanatics in every religion and as long as they do not carry their fanaticism to a terrorist act, there is nothing wrong in their beliefs,'' says Seif Ashmawy, the Egyptian-American publisher of the Voice of Peace, a monthly publication on Muslim issues. ``But there is a very small minority that wish to impose their ideas by force. Those are the people we should worry about.''

SIGHTINGS:

STEVEN EMERSON: Although the militants may claim to speak on behalf of all Muslims, Islam as a religion does not condone violence. The radicals represent only themselves -- an extremist and a violent fringe.

http://hamburgsteak.sandwich.net/mir...transcript.txt

Augusta, Maine : Do you worry whether people who take your book too literally will begin discriminating against regular American-Muslims, the vast majority of whom have nothing to do with terrorism?

Steve Emerson: I always make the distinction between the vast majority of Mulims and the minority of extremists. I would not want anyone to generalize. We are a nation of laws, and it would be thoroughly unacceptable to generalize on the basis of a minority of bad people.

USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 01:17 AM

116 posts, read 67,667 times
don't know Emerson...but...seems like an idiot to me...at least from the glimpse I got from your links...

If one begins a premise with the wrong presumptions---one will end up with the wrong conclusions and that is what Emerson does.

Better look at Glenn Greenwald or Robert Pape....

Some incorrect presumptions are a) the the U.S. stands for Justice---NO---for the vast majority of Non-Americans, the U.S. stands for exploitation and injustice....and sometimes even oppression. b) the "terrorists" are operating because they hate what America stands for (presumably "Justice")---NO---they hate American Foreign Policy.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:03 PM

Question As Salaam Alaikum well I posted that I don't agree with everything Emerson says or said it is not a black and white issu

As Salaam Alaikum well I posted that I don't agree with everything Emerson says or said it is not a black and white issue but I disagree with him on Foreign Policy in fact when I was a Non Muslim I disagreed with Western Foreign Policy and said it was one of if not the main cause of Terrorism that and Poverty/Oppression.

Terrorists Among Us: Jihad In America

Jihad in America, a PBS documentary first aired nationwide in 1994, was produced by investigative reporter Steven Emerson after the first bombing of the World Trade Towers in 1993. The documentary was recently updated following terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001.

In making this groundbreaking documentary, Emerson was the first American journalist to document in chilling video the militant Islamic support networks and terrorist groups secretly operating on American soil. Counter-terrorism officials from the National Security Council, Justice Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) have acknowledged that Emerson's documentary demonstrated that he had more reliable and accurate information about the secret terrorist networks on American soil than the US Government . Emerson was successful in infiltrating key conferences and rallies with hidden cameras in an effort to track down the people responsible for supporting and abetting terrorist activities on U.S. soil. At these events, and on this film, these extremists state their chilling intentions in their own words.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Question What is the cause of "terrorism"? Imperialism (which itself is "terrorism".

The Cause of "Terrorism" - Pat Buchanan

AntonBatey
Subscribe 4,437
Add to
More
52 0
Uploaded on Jan 22, 2009
What is the cause of "terrorism"? Imperialism (which itself is "terrorism".
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcEPyJP3a8w

What is the cause of "terrorism"? Imperialism (which itself is "terrorism".

Last edited by truthseeker63; 12-16-2014 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Misepellings

Old 12-16-2014, 02:16 PM

Question ABDURAHMAN ALAMOUDI, president, American Muslim Foundation

ABDURAHMAN ALAMOUDI, president, American Muslim Foundation

Fall 1999, Volume VII, Number 1

When the World Trade Center bombing happened, it was a wake-up call for us, an opportunity to educate and galvanize the Muslim community, but also to go outside that community and start a dialogue with the media. An hour after the bombing, I was at CNN talking to a reporter by the name of Steve Emerson and his producer. I told him, just half an hour ago you painted the Muslim community with a broad brush. I went there, made my case and talked to Emerson.

American Muslims and U.S. Foreign Policy | Middle East Policy Council
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam