U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:51 PM

21,374 posts, read 24,132,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Thank You
A cyber sharing
Sharing a Pepperoni pizza in the Islam forum???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
We do not celebrate nor venerate any man. Or more correctly we should not. We are even discouraged from celebrating Muhammad(saaws)'s birthday although some do.

Now you opened a can of worms. Even if you don't, your "some" grows exponentially as Islam moves further away from Saudi Arabia. But since you opened the door, you might as well explain Mawlid an-Nabi.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:08 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You never heard of Halal Pepperoni Pizza?

SOURCE

For our Jewish Brothers and Sisters we can make it with non-Milk cheese

SOURCE

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 12-16-2014, 01:17 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,673,231 times
Quote:
Hold up. I think I can fix this.

I got some lamb kabobs

And some tofu kabobs. Just in case.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You never heard of Halal Pepperoni Pizza?

For our Jewish Brothers and Sisters we can make it with non-Milk cheese
Nowhere in the Middle East. I've seen beef sausage but not beef pepperoni. Keep in mind pepperoni requires two meats and just one.

This is why every Pizza Hut in the Middle East is vegetarian. You haven't lived until you've had a Hummus pizza.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:27 PM

At least now we're on a Islamic tangent instead of the Christian OP we started with.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:36 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,673,231 times
Quote:
Nowhere in the Middle East. I've seen beef sausage but not beef pepperoni. Keep in mind pepperoni requires two meats and just one.

This is why every Pizza Hut in the Middle East is vegetarian. You haven't lived until you've had a Hummus pizza.
They have hummus pizza? Do they sell it in the U.S.? I'll give a shot.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Now you opened a can of worms. Even if you don't, your "some" grows exponentially as Islam moves further away from Saudi Arabia. But since you opened the door, you might as well explain Mawlid an-Nabi.
I found a way to blame the Sufis

Mawlid's Future in the West
Five points need to be made concerning the new phenomenon of the Mawlid in the West.

The first point is that the future of the Mawlid is going to depend heavily on the future of Sufi orders in the West. Given the emerging patterns of conversion (or reversion), Sufism is here to stay. As long as sufism is around, the sufi adepts and their organizations will continue to celebrate the birthday of the Holy Prophet (s).

Secondly, we can say that the globalization of the Islamic experience in the West and beyond is going to force more orthodox Muslim groups (such as Salafian, Maududian and Wahhabian groups) who may continue to resist such practices to leave the practitioners of tasawwuf alone. This will not be due to their acts of enlightened self-interest; rather, it will be the result of their greater internalization of the American value of live-and-let-live philosophy. If Catholics and Protestants of various hues and colors have eventually transcended their petty bickerings in Europe after landing on American soil, it is quite conceivable that Muslims in America will eventually arrive at such a modus vivendi.

Thirdly, the transplantation of the Mawlid an-Nabi tradition in to the American religious landscape could give rise to new forms of Muslim poetry in the English language. To the best of my knowledge, there is yet to appear any significant body of qasidas in the English language. I am aware of the poetry of Muslim poets such as Abdul Hayy Moore of Philadelphia, PA. His poetry could be part of a growing body of poems and qasidas written in honor and celebration of the Holy Prophet (s). But in saying this, one must not assume that the American Muslim spirit would necessarily follow the Old World pattern of celebration. It is quite conceivable that other art forms will develop among American Muslims of Sufi orientation. This again will depend on whether taqlid (imitation) of the old will take precedence over innovation.

Fourthly, while reflecting on the future of the Mawlid celebrations in the West, we must not forget the transforming effects of secularism on Western forms of religious practices. In the name of modernity and practicality, both Catholics and Protestants have made accommodations with the forces of change in the West. Will the New World Sufis degenerate into what I have called elsewhere "popcorn sufis?" This is to say, the orthodoxy that helps validate the Islamic claims of Sufis could be sufficiently compromised that the tasawwuf tradition becomes New Age and shallow in content. This tendency should be resisted by all Sufis because otherwise "I told you so" admonitions of the Old World orthodoxy would not only come to haunt them, but they will continue to reverberate in the firmaments of Muslim doctrinal debates.

Last but not least, one can argue that the Mawlid an-Nabi will become interestingly a moral and social bridge linking many diverse Muslim groups who may be light years apart in terms of doctrine but neck to neck in their race to honor and celebrate the birthday of the Prophet (s). This is certainly true of the Sunni celebrant with respect to the Shia, and is equally true of the Naqshbandiyya adept with respect to the Ismaili celebrant of the "Milad an-Nabi," whether it be in Chicago, New York, Toronto or Vancouver.

SOURCE

Old 12-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Hold up. I think I can fix this.

I got some lamb kabobs

And some tofu kabobs. Just in case.
THANK YOU,
That is a safer choice than my pizza

Old 12-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Just kidding. Had to get us off Christianity.

Here's the menu from Saudi Arabia.

Pizza Hut | Meals | UAE
Pizza Hut, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - Cheesy Stuff Crust Pizza - Foodspotting

The menu blows away the US version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam