Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:59 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Outside of myself and Woodrow, why don't Muslims come out in this sub-forum and other forums and defend Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM

430 posts, read 481,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Outside of myself and Woodrow, why don't Muslims come out in this sub-forum and other forums and defend Islam?
The best way of defending islam is to go clean their backyards. I hope thats what they are doing. because the world is simply reacting to how their collective communities behave. right?

because it wouldnt matter if there is a million muslims crowding this place, as long as we have islamist terrorism, rampant discrimination against women, oppression of non-muslims in muslim states, stoning of adulterers, hanging gays and apostates, etc.....there would be an unfavorable world reaction to islam.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:27 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I am confused, Pruzhany. I thought Mizrahi were Jews from Muslim lands. Do you consider yourself Muslim as well? Educate me, if you don't mind?

Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 PM

And sorry for going OT. I too would like to see input from other Muslims.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:20 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am confused, Pruzhany. I thought Mizrahi were Jews from Muslim lands. Do you consider yourself Muslim as well? Educate me, if you don't mind?
I am a Mizrahi Jew, who custom wise, feels comfortable around N. African and Middle Eastern Muslims. I'm not Muslim but have a very good relationship with Muslims since I work/live in the UAE for about half the year. I just feel there is not enough positive interactions from the Muslim community to where a Jew and a reverted Muslim are the ones who stand up for this forum. It's gotten out of hand with the amount of Muslim Haters and Islamaphobs that post here without a Muslim standing up and saying something positive yet I've already had altercations with a few Muslims that spout as much hate as others (and are as closed minded) and don't post in this sub forum.

Quote:
And sorry for going OT. I too would like to see input from other Muslims.
I don't see your query as off topic as this is an anonymous board. I just want to know why (and not just from Woodrow when he sees this thread). I want to know why most act like "people of the book" did 70+ years ago who stated as long as they keep their head down and not react, nothing will happen. Do the Muslims think what happened to the Jews in Europe before WW2 is not a lesson for the future of the followers of Islam?

Old 01-09-2015, 04:11 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Defend against what? Most of the attacks against muslims are against extreme violent actions. Take for example the dumb Paris attack over a cartoon. If Allah was really wanting that to happen then do you think Allah would have let one of the terrorists leave his id in the abandoned getaway car? Or consider this, nobody really new about the cartoon in most of the world but now they do because of the act of the terrorists. Is this what Allah wanted? Absolutely not. So what is there to defend?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Defend against what? Most of the attacks against muslims are against extreme violent actions. Take for example the dumb Paris attack over a cartoon. If Allah was really wanting that to happen then do you think Allah would have let one of the terrorists leave his id in the abandoned getaway car? Or consider this, nobody really knew about the cartoon in most of the world but now they do because of the act of the terrorists. Is this what Allah wanted? Absolutely not. So what is there to defend?
Defend against the negativity of the religion that these attacks inevitably bring.

However, that bolded sentence is an interesting sidebar.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Defend against the negativity of the religion that these attacks inevitably bring.

However, that bolded sentence is an interesting sidebar.
Yeah everyone knows what that cartoon says now BECAUSE of those Islamic Terrorists. Allah surely disapproves. I never understood why these extremists believe that Allah needs them to fight for him.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:20 PM

I am a Christian. I only want Muslims to practice what they SINCERELY believe in so long as they don't harm anyone else or prevent others from the same purpose. I don't believe Allah wants any insinsere worship. I'm a universalist Christian that believes that God desires all to be saved and that everyone including those terrorists that killed others will be saved and live in bliss with me for the rest of eternity. That is the message that Jesus Christ brought. The REAL Jesus Christ taught to turn the cheek and love our enemies. Bless them that curse you and persecute you. This is because they NO NOT WHAT THEY DO as He Himself said while hanging on the cross pleading mercy for those that killed Him.

I hope no Muslim takes offense to that. I know that is not the way that modern "Christianity" operates at all. They surely don't follow Christ. So I hope there are Muslims out there that will spread that type of love also.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Listen to how some muslims respond to attacks like the one in Paris. First, they deny the attackers are Muslim. This is a way to remove the actions of the attackers from Islam. Second thing is they blame the victims of the attack. 9/11 was America's fault, Van Gogh shouldn't have made a film insulting Islam, and now these cartoonist shouldn't have insulted their prophet. Recognize these terrorist are radicalized from within the local mosque and insults against Islam doesn't warrant an execution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam