U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 06:54 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Here's a really good video.
That is reflective on the Jafa'ari laws of Twelver set Shi'a of Iran. No Nation or individual is representative of anything except them self.

What verification is there that this happened as the girl is describing?

Here is a video of Tehran, Iran made 3 years ago.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Daesh destroy ancient historical artifacts in Mosul.

BBC News - Islamic State 'destroys ancient Iraq statues in Mosul'
They are also destroying Mosques, Historical Islamic sites and Libraries.
They are an enemy of Muslims and non-Muslims

http://www.newser.com/story/203209/i...ent-books.html

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-27-2015 at 09:25 AM..

Old 03-06-2015, 07:38 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,503,833 times
Director of CAGE refuses to condemn stoning of adulterous women ...

Video: Cage director Asim Qureshi refuses to condemn stoning of adulterous women - Telegraph

Old 03-06-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Director of CAGE refuses to condemn stoning of adulterous women ...

Video: Cage director Asim Qureshi refuses to condemn stoning of adulterous women - Telegraph

Like all Muslims he can only speak for Himself.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:10 AM

115 posts, read 172,940 times
Norway Just Deported 824 Muslims, Every American Needs To See What Happened Next

Old 03-06-2015, 08:51 AM

One needs to look at the 824 that were deported. They were all people with criminal records.
Norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. It is also a small nation. Reducing the crime by just a few people results in a large percentage change.

Your link calls them Muslims

Perhaps they were however they were not the only people deported,There were also 5,000 non-Muslims deported with them

Quote:
Norway's government has ruled that 7,100 people will be deported in 2014. At the end of October, PU had deported 5,876 people so far this year.
Norway deports record number of immigrants - The Local

Norway has a total population of slightly over 5 million. The Muslim Population is about 2.4 percent yet it still has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. The 824 deported does not even make a dent in the percentage of Muslims in Norway. The 5,000 non-Muslims that were deported probably had a bigger effect on the drop in crime.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:02 AM

10,202 posts, read 6,092,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Like all Muslims he can only speak for Himself.
Woodrow, isn't that a cop out?

What you essentially are saying, no matter what another Muslim says, you can't comment on it. It would be the same if mainstream Christian denominations were not to condemn the Westboro Baptists.

I think Islam is viewed with so much suspicion and rangor BECAUSE there is no concentrated, vocal, consistent and sustained denunciation of the groups and individuals who are the extreme radicals. BTW, I condemn some Christian organizations for that also, as there are certainly groups, the SBC comes to mind, and various high profile fundamentalists who will rarely, and if they do, will do so reluctantly and obtusely, condemn the extremes of their various sects. The difference on the Christian side is that there are many who will spurn the radicals; in Islam, that is not so obvious.

It is not because of the mainstream media either. I follow Al Jazeera, and even there I don't see any significant pattern of condemnation by other Muslim groups.

And therein lies the problem.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Woodrow, isn't that a cop out?

What you essentially are saying, no matter what another Muslim says, you can't comment on it. It would be the same if mainstream Christian denominations were not to condemn the Westboro Baptists.

I think Islam is viewed with so much suspicion and rangor BECAUSE there is no concentrated, vocal, consistent and sustained denunciation of the groups and individuals who are the extreme radicals. BTW, I condemn some Christian organizations for that also, as there are certainly groups, the SBC comes to mind, and various high profile fundamentalists who will rarely, and if they do, will do so reluctantly and obtusely, condemn the extremes of their various sects. The difference on the Christian side is that there are many who will spurn the radicals; in Islam, that is not so obvious.

It is not because of the mainstream media either. I follow Al Jazeera, and even there I don't see any significant pattern of condemnation by other Muslim groups.

And therein lies the problem.
I did not indend that to mean I can't comment on him. I was stating that no Muslim represents Islam and each person's words are their own, not the views of all Muslims

If we were an organization, we would have something we could label and condemn. but Islam has no central organization. Performing Islam is an individual act. We do not "Join" an organization. We perform the action of Islam to the best of our ability and knowledge.

We can only point to individual acts and state they are not Islamic as we understand Islam to be.
We do not know who is a Muslim and accept all who call them self Muslim as being Muslim. Being Muslim is a personal proclamation of Submission to Allah.

We do condemn specific groups when the group claims to be representative of Islam, such as ISIS, which has been and is being condemned by Muslims world wide.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:07 PM

115 posts, read 172,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Norway deports record number of immigrants - The Local

Norway has a total population of slightly over 5 million. The Muslim Population is about 2.4 percent yet it still has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. The 824 deported does not even make a dent in the percentage of Muslims in Norway. The 5,000 non-Muslims that were deported probably had a bigger effect on the drop in crime.
Your link does not mention the effect of those deportations on the crime level. I'm sure that the 30% reduction in violent crimes was a result of Muslim deportation. Everyone knows that only Muslims commit violent crimes.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:34 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,503,833 times
According to this scholar the vandalism is very much in keeping with Islam.
Never mind three thousand years ago, it's the 7th century we want ... er. excluding the infidel technology, the cameras etc.

David Pinault: The Allure of the Islamic State Vandals - WSJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or