U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 01:30 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
Tibet was a theocracy with a small population of christians and muslims. Does it make sense if they killed those buddhists who convert to another religion?

No, that only "makes sense" to an extremist. Otherwise its a completely unjust form of religious violence.
However, at the time people were claiming to be Muslims with the express purpose of trying to overthrow the government. That is treason.

They were committing acts to deliberately destroy Islam, which was the government.

In keeping with the intent and spirit of the Qur'an the 4 madhabs do require that an actual act of treason must be proven to convict a person of Apostasy. The act of leaving Islam in itself, does not constitute apostasy

In the entire history of the 4 madhabs apostasy was only proven 4 times. When it was proven an actual act of treason occured.

Category:People executed for apostasy from Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No one has ever been convicted for Apostasy under the Hanafi Madhab.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 03-17-2015 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 01:26 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,506,077 times
Terrorist attack in Tunisia ... 22 killed including foreign tourists ... no one as yet claimed responsibility - but a recent tweet from a Tunisian jihadist pledged support for so-called IS was pending.

BBC News - Tunis attack: Gunmen kill tourists in museum rampage

Last edited by modernist1; 03-18-2015 at 01:41 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Terrorist attack in Tunisia ... 22 killed including foreign tourists ... no one as yet claimed responsibility - but a recent tweet from a Tunisian jihadist pledged support for so-called IS was pending.

BBC News - Tunis attack: Gunmen kill tourists in museum rampage
Yes there is an undeclared war in the Mideast and North Africa. ISIS and their supporters are trying to destroy the Islamic Nations.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,161,890 times
Sadly as a result, much of the non Muslim world are seeing ISIS more and more, as the true face of Islam, in my opinion, though not true, it is what is being possibly perceived more and more, unfortunately, in my opinion.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:09 PM

430 posts, read 351,984 times
ISIS validates once and for all who won the countless debates about islam in the last 15 years. It confirms our worst suspicions about Islam.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Sadly as a result, much of the non Muslim world are seeing ISIS more and more, as the true face of Islam, in my opinion, though not true, it is what is being possibly perceived more and more, unfortunately, in my opinion.
Much of the Islamic world sees ISIS as an extreme form of Wahabbi which was a heretical madhab that developed in Arabia 200 years ago and was declared a heresy resulting in their supporters ''the al-Saud family'' being exiled from Hejaz and Najd
But they have become even more heretical than the al-Saud family and even the KSA has declared war upon them.

In my opinion the only possible attraction, an, Arab Muslim, could find in ISIS is their extreme hatred of Iran.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
In my opinion the only possible attraction, an, Arab Muslim, could find in ISIS is their extreme hatred of Iran.
sorry my post above was deleted. i should have known better than to post a link to an ISIS propaganda.

i've read it, there is very little there about iran. most their argument revolves around the miracle of their success, their sincere attempt at following islam without compromise, and something about the prophecy of muslims coming together in the land of sham from all over the world, before the end times. and other stuff.

i'm not muslim but the message sounds pretty powerful. the document itself was very professionally made.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
sorry my post above was deleted. i should have known better than to post a link to an ISIS propaganda.

i've read it, there is very little there about iran. most their argument revolves around the miracle of their success, their sincere attempt at following islam without compromise, and something about the prophecy of muslims coming together in the land of sham from all over the world, before the end times. and other stuff.

i'm not muslim but the message sounds pretty powerful. the document itself was very professionally made.
The document was very professionally made and in English. Definitely not intended for a Muslim to read. If it had been intended for Muslims it would have been in Arabic. It seems like the goal is to attract anti-US non-Muslims.

ISIS is extremely anti Shi'ite. Shi'ism is a sect that does have a central leader, the Ayatollah of Tehran, which is believed by the 12er sect to be the Mehdi. His fatwahs are believed by the 12ers to be the word of God(swt) that must be obeyed. To be anti-Si'ite is to be anti Iran. Nearly 1/2 of all the world's Shi'ite live in Iraq and Iran. The vast majority of Shi'ite world wide are Iranian.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If it had been intended for Muslims it would have been in Arabic. It seems like the goal is to attract anti-US non-Muslims.
it comes in both english and arabic. it was made for muslims to explain why they do what they do. created to stem the growing backlash against ISIS in muslim countries.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
it comes in both english and arabic. it was made for muslims to explain why they do what they do. created to stem the growing backlash against ISIS in muslim countries.
I do not see any indication it is having that effect. The Muslims of the world are fed up with ISIS.
Even members of ISIS are coming to the conclusion that ISIS is not Islamic.

Islamic State Hit By Disillusionment and Desertions as Fighters Flee Brutality
Islamic State Hit By Disillusionment and Desertions as Fighters Flee Brutality - Breitbart

Kurdish official: ISIS executed own militants to stop more desertions
Kurdish official: ISIS executed own militants to stop more deser

ISIS deserters reveal letters 'written by commanders' ordering fighters to carry out suicide bombings, attack villages and claim credit for the Paris terror attacks
ISIS deserters reveal letters 'written by commanders' | Daily Mail Online

Isis 'executes up to 200 fighters' for trying to flee jihad and return home
Isis 'executes up to 200 fighters' for trying to flee jihad and return home - Middle East - World - The Independent

AL-RAQQA: ISIS CRUMBLING AS MORE EXECUTIONS REPORTED; SAUDIS BEHEADED BY ISIS AFTER ATTEMPTED DESERTION
Read more at AL-RAQQA: ISIS CRUMBLING AS MORE EXECUTIONS REPORTED; SAUDIS BEHEADED BY ISIS AFTER ATTEMPTED DESERTION

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or