U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 AM

430 posts, read 351,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am quite certain I am following Islam in all that is required, that being following the 5 Pillars to the best of my ability.
i am quite certain these guys are saying the same thing:

muslims until proven otherwise!

Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
i am quite certain these guys are saying the same thing:

muslims until proven otherwise!

I agree they almost certainly believe they are performing Islam.
But, that is not what I and many others believe is Islam.

It is all about personal accountability and responsibility. We alone have the burden of verifying our own beliefs.

The closest thing we have to centralized teaching of Islam are the Madhabs. While some (probably many) Muslims do not adhere to a Madhab Most Sunni Scholars stress the importance of studying the 4 madhabs and select one and only one to abide by.

What is a Madhhab and why is it necessary to follow one?

And yes we accept every person who claims to be Muslim, as a Muslim unless their actions and words prove otherwise.

For example if a man told me he was a Muslim I would accept him at his word.
But If I happened to walik in on him during Ramadan, in the day time and found him eating a BLT while Holding a Bible and Praying in front of a statue of the Virgin Mary, I would have doubts he was actually a Muslim.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-26-2015, 08:58 AM

10,202 posts, read 6,087,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog View Post
Indeed it is. The whole goal of the Islamic theocracy is to expand itself by force and try and destroy this nation.

Almost everything about the U.S. from the country's original founding fathers, its Judeo-Christian heritage, freedoms, rights and liberties, is offensive to Islam. The false message from ISIS's to other Muslims is 'Come and help us build a utopia that will protect every single Muslim,' is probably a very seductive message to many gullible Muslims, even here in the U.S. This isolated sub-culture promotes hate in their Mosques, yet wants special treatment from our Government and elected officials. Islam doesn't represent or respect American values, they continue to show their contempt and hatred for western civilization, from the country that has given them many new opportunities, and a standard of life that no Islamic country can come close to.

Their goal is to try and destroy this nation as quickly as possible, and what better way to take over a country than by flooding it with brain-washed Islamic immigrants. Why would this country want to legitimize and import this violent backwards ideology on our soil for the sake of what? Best to play hardball with these unstable souls and send them back to the third-world country they came from.

There is thousands upon thousands of square miles of open land in the middle east for them to practice their full immersion into Islam.

Pew Global: 68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.

Pew Research (2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified.

Pew Research (2010): 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam

Gallup: 38.6% of Muslims believe 9/11 attacks were justified

Poll Saudis in August 2014 shows 92% agree that Islamic State (ISIS) "conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law."

Policy Exchange: One third of British Muslims believe anyone who leaves Islam should be killed

MacDonald Laurier Institute: 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada
And there in lies the problem.

There is a large minority or even majority who support the whacko Muslims. This is the same problem where Christians don't denounce people like Phil Robertson's and they're wacko rants.

It seems that for some reason religious advocates feel they are being not loyal to their religion if they become outspoken against the loony fringe. Both Christians and Muslims are guilty of this and both should be admonished.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
And there in lies the problem.

There is a large minority or even majority who support the whacko Muslims. This is the same problem where Christians don't denounce people like Phil Robertson's and they're wacko rants.

It seems that for some reason religious advocates feel they are being not loyal to their religion if they become outspoken against the loony fringe. Both Christians and Muslims are guilty of this and both should be admonished.

While those are good points. A difficulty in Islam is we do not "Join" an organization. There is no joining. You are either born into a Muslim family of you start practicing Islam.

Learning about Islam is almost a 100% self learning experience.

There is no central agency that is going to be the "One True Islam" we our self have to learn what Islam is.
While I can say ISIS does not follow Islam and give my opinions as to why I believe that to be true, I am still only expressing my own opinion.
Each Muslim only speaks for himself. There is no central agency that serves as the final authority. An Islamic community is neither supported by an entity outside the local community, nor do they provide financial assistance for such.
However, people that share similar thoughts do tend to form some type of cohesive organization. In that sense the largest group calling themself Muslim would be Sunni that follow the Hanafi Madhab. About 85% of all Muslims claim to follow Sunni and about 30% of those follow the Hanafi Madhab.
The downside there is no single group of Muslims that are the Majority. No single Muslim entity contains over 25% of the world's Muslims.

While virtually every Imam that follows the Hanafi Madhab has spoken out against terrorists, it is a very small voice. Add to that the fact is we Muslims are cheapskates and tend not to give any financial support to our Imams. Many Imams in addition to not receiving an income are the owner and proprieter of their Mosque, carrying the full finacial responsibility for it's upkeep. Few Imams or other clerics can afford to go off on a public speaking campaign.
But in spite of this there are numerous Muslims that condemn terrorism.

Think Muslims Haven’t Condemned ISIS? Think Again - Common Word, Common Lord

Reza Aslan: Muslims Are Condemning Terrorism, Critics Just Aren’t Listening | Mediaite

Kamran Pasha's Blog Blog Archive The Big Lie About Muslim Silence on Terrorism

What Fox Won't Show You: Muslim Leaders Are Condemning The Paris Terror Attack | Research | Media Matters for America

Why don’t more moderate Muslims denounce extremism? - The Washington Post

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 04-02-2015, 07:15 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,501,804 times
Islamist murdering again ...

Al Shabaab attack on Kenya university: live - Telegraph

Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 AM

1,666 posts, read 769,305 times
These violent groups have popped up within our Ummah throughout history, and for the most part their evil was confined to violence against other Muslims. Fortunately at these times we had strong Caliphs and leadership whom would assemble an army to crush these movements in the most forceful ways. Unfortunately now not only are these movements not contained (as they can brand market world wide via the internet) but we have very little in the way of leadership whom actually wants to crush these people, even from the non-Muslim side (read: USA & Russia).

That's not to say that Islam is a pacifist religion either. We reserve the right to defend ourselves from foreign invasions & khawarij movements (read: ISIS).

Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 AM

10,425 posts, read 8,780,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I read on CNN today that the suspects in the shooting of the French cartoonist were radicalized Islamic's. This seems to be non stop endless killing and retaliation how can things ever change?

First on CNN: France tells U.S. Paris suspect trained with al Qaeda in Yemen - CNN.com
Unfortunately if one looks back at the history of homo sapiens....one would have to say no. List of wars and anthropogenic disasters by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-04-2015, 07:47 PM

3,279 posts, read 2,320,168 times
You cant fight a problem until you recognize there is one. Imagine in World War II, if we had a Nazi in the White House. Look what we have now.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:53 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,702,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post

Its "Terrorists" murdering again.....

Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 PM

1,666 posts, read 769,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Its "Terrorists" murdering again.....
Yup, just like terrorists bombed the King David hotel, terrorists committed the Deir Yasin massacre and terrorists used to blow up Protestant Churches in Northern Ireland.

Keep in mind that most of the victims in this latest attack were Muslims themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or