U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:54 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,503,305 times

Advertisements

Well, I'd say time and against there are vocal protests (often I written on the same) against gun violence in the States. I think you're point is largely a non sequitur. Moreover, the US isn't the only western country. Violence in many parts of the Islamic world (in the name of a 'peaceable' religion, yet) is rife, not to mention the mindset that encourages violence - honor killings, sexism, jihad, rage at the slightest perceived slight, inflexibility. intolerance etc.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:30 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Well, I'd say time and against there are vocal protests (often I written on the same) against gun violence in the States. I think you're point is largely a non sequitur. Moreover, the US isn't the only western country. Violence in many parts of the Islamic world (in the name of a 'peaceable' religion, yet) is rife, not to mention the mindset that encourages violence - honor killings, sexism, jihad, rage at the slightest perceived slight, inflexibility. intolerance etc.
Nearly every honor killing in the world has taken place in Pakistan primarily among those of Punjab Heritage. and occurs among Punjabis of Muslim, Sikh and Hindu faiths.
As to protests against violence they do not get much media attention unless they turn into a riot.
there are countless protests against violence. I have posted numerous links to them, but no one ever notices them or remembers them
Virtually every act of violence by Muslims seems to occur in the Mideast. Which accounts for about 15-20% of the worlds Muslims.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,154,182 times
There are only one Islamic people that I think have the right and the privilege to reside in western countries...and that would be the brave and heroic Peshmerga Kurds!!!!....Bless them!! Just my opinion and view....

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 02-04-2015 at 12:42 AM..

Old 02-04-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
There are only one Islamic people that I think have the right and the privilege to reside in western countries...and that would be the brave and heroic Peshmerga Kurds!!!!....Bless them!! Just my opinion and view....
What about Polish/Lithuanian Muslims the Lietuva Lipkas
What About Native American Muslims.
What about the Muslims that came with the early explorers of the Americas and stayed, even fighting the against the British during the Revolutionary war.
There have been Muslims living in the Americas for at least 500 years.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:48 PM

2,826 posts, read 1,866,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I read on CNN today that the suspects in the shooting of the French cartoonist were radicalized Islamic's. This seems to be non stop endless killing and retaliation how can things ever change?

First on CNN: France tells U.S. Paris suspect trained with al Qaeda in Yemen - CNN.com
Because of this.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ue-and-devalue

Essentially, Islam came about from a displaced dude who was monotheistic in a polytheistic culture (pre-Islam, that region had a spirit-based religion involving stuff like djinns, and the central figure was its moon god). He didn't really try to go with the flow like the Taoists, or engage peacefully like Christians and other groups (usually). He decided, I want my way to be what runs in this area, these jerks are oppressing me, time to fight.

Okay, back to the psych lesson, you are what you value and devalue. At their core, a person who willingly joins Islam is a person who hates themselves, and has an us-vs-them mentality. Here's the truth. There is no us, there is no them. There is you, and how you treat people outside yourself. A person who hates themselves, treats others poorly. A religion that forces submission on its followers, forces submission on the rest of the world.

Also, the word of the Qu'ran is infallible. Remember papal infallibility? Yeah, things like that what you can't debate or question, pretty much keep religions in the stone age. Christianity has become modern because it has had philosophers debate it, but at around the time of Islam and early Christianity, people were hung from crosses, stoned to death, etc. If you don't culturally advance from that point, you're kinda backwards.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 02-04-2015 at 03:05 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 12:31 AM

The Kurds should have had their own country moons ago, they are oppressed by two faced Turkey, and they are such a brave, heroic, and lovely people,.....with a fierce fighting spirit, God Speed Peshmerga Kurds!!!,....you are supported and loved by more people they you know. Just my opinion and view. Lastly, it is said there "should be no compulsion in religion"...

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-262-3441.htm

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 02-05-2015 at 12:44 AM..

Old 02-05-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
We love the Kurds and they should have had their own country moons ago, they are oppressed by two faced Turkey, and they are such a brave, heroic, and lovely people,.....with a fierce fighting spirit, God Speed Peshmerga Kurds!!!,....you are supported and loved by more people they you know. Just my opinion and view. Kurds are welcome in the west!! And props to the man, Vlad the Impaler, a true hero, and a mighty warrior in my opinion, from days of old, when he took the ottoman empire head on...
Do not forget Vlad also ended poverty in Romania and there were no people with disabilities. He declared both poverty and physical disabilities as crime and those guilty of either were impaled right along with the Turks.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 PM

The Infamous Vlad the Impaler, another one like him is just what we need against ISIS imo......

Old 02-06-2015, 03:33 AM

106 posts, read 71,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps a more relevant question would be why are radicals so violent?

And looking back through history makes it evident that Islam is hardly the only religion that's had its violent radical practitioners.
Indeed, Islam is far from being the only religion that's had violent radical practitioners.
We need to delve into their so called holy books for an explanation.
The Old Testament encourages violence and geonicide in many passages.
The Koran; Sura 3: V : 7-10 is worth reading in this context.
However, due to the insanity of political correcteness we aren't supposed to criticise so called holy books.
If we don't soon start I suggest we are signing own own death warrants.
Not that religion is alone in justifying violence. Many secular ideologies do - points the the central problem which is human nature.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:38 PM

4,456 posts, read 3,705,518 times
Re:
"Financially that is not very feasible.
Things cost money, even the act of establishing unity

sadly we do have our share of idiots that seem to want to prove Islam is all about violence.It only takes one or two to turn back all the good other Muslims do

It only took 19 maniacs on 9/11 to turn nearly every American against Islam"

You know I am just wondering if the devout of Islam get their views drowned out in the cacophony of the those who do violence it stands to reason Muslims will be risking that Islam's book in the modern age will be written by those who destroy. Perhaps that does argue for change?

I note this because Catholicism underwent a period of reflection back a few decades where
the 'old ways' were being pressured by the 'new'. What happened was the Church pivoted and
introduced reforms. I realize Islam as noted is structured differently but perhaps it too needs to change in some ways to deal with the extremist threat posed by the radicals who are comfortable in using violence alongside their creed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or