Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 04:21 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,221,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
these guys look up Islam is evil or bad on Google and get this stuff instead of looking up true Islam and going to actual Muslims to learn Islam instead of non Muslims. funny world we live in people trust the ones with little knowledge on certain subject and listen to them and follow them easily but avoid the truth.
all anyone has to do is read from the koran and hadith and sunnah; it is horrifying

i listen to muslims (yes including the so called "peaceful" muslims on this site, and others who i know in person) who defend violence and hatred, and i am further horrified

any ideology that promotes hatred and violence is not of god, it is an evil ideology created by humans. anyone who uses their common sense, who has compassion for other human beings, who knows the basics of psychology can tell from reading the texts of islam that they are the works of a psychopathic manipulator, just like Hitler, who used fear, control, hatred, and bloodlust to feed his own pitiful ego.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-19-2015 at 04:38 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 04:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i do not learn from google

i read the koran

i was horrified and disgusted

i listen to muslims who defend violence and hatred, and i am further horrified

any ideology that promotes hatred and violence is not of god, it is an evil ideology created by humans
Please list one verse in the Qur'an that horrifies you. Not a 100 as some people do. Just one so I can explain it to the best of my ability or quote a Scholar that can.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:43 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Please list one verse in the Qur'an that horrifies you. Not a 100 as some people do. Just one so I can explain it to the best of my ability or quote a Scholar that can.
no, i am tired of the slippery wordplay, the blaming, the justification, the dishonesty.
I trust a loving god.
I do not trust a violent hateful ideology. People who defend a hate filled violent ideology have no credibility.

I know the difference.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
no, i am tired of the slippery wordplay, the blaming, the justification, the dishonesty.
I trust a loving god.
I do not trust a violent hateful ideology. People who defend a hate filled violent ideology have no credibility.

I know the difference.

As you please.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:08 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
I trust a loving god.

I know the difference.
I certainly don't hope your god is bible based, because that one is as twisted and violent as the Muslim one.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:33 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,150 times
"Please list one verse in the Qur'an that horrifies you. Not a 100 as some people do. Just one so I can explain it to the best of my ability or quote a Scholar that can."

Posting 100 hate filled verses provides a mountain of evidence that the Quran is full of hate filled verses that incite violence.

Like Tzaphkiel, I am tired of the slippery wordplay, the blaming, the justification, the dishonesty.

I have learned that Muslims are taught how to obfuscate and spin and even outright lie. If someone refuses to acknowledge reality, there is no way to deal with them. I know that apologetics have worked hard to come up with logical fallacies, rationalizations and even outright lies to cover up what will horrify basically good people today.

The horrible shame of it is that not ONE Muslim will come out and say that if Muhammed was having sex with a little 4th grader that was dreadfully wrong. And this is why Islam can never be 'revised' and there will be no enlightenment for Islam.

Carl Sagan said it best:
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Muhammed was the most evil charlatan of all time.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Please list one verse in the Qur'an that horrifies you. Not a 100 as some people do. Just one so I can explain it to the best of my ability or quote a Scholar that can."

Posting 100 hate filled verses provides a mountain of evidence that the Quran is full of hate filled verses that incite violence.

Like Tzaphkiel, I am tired of the slippery wordplay, the blaming, the justification, the dishonesty.

I have learned that Muslims are taught how to obfuscate and spin and even outright lie. If someone refuses to acknowledge reality, there is no way to deal with them. I know that apologetics have worked hard to come up with logical fallacies, rationalizations and even outright lies to cover up what will horrify basically good people today.

The horrible shame of it is that not ONE Muslim will come out and say that if Muhammed was having sex with a little 4th grader that was dreadfully wrong. And this is why Islam can never be 'revised' and there will be no enlightenment for Islam.

Carl Sagan said it best:
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Muhammed was the most evil charlatan of all time.
I am not going to be overwhelmed having to go through the context of 100 verses. Post one Just one that you are convinced is not taken out of context or truncated. Virtually every one in your list is misrepresented, out of context or truncated.

I am not going to spend hours trying to show that. I am just asking you to select ONE you believe is complete and is a stand alone command.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am not going to be overwhelmed having to go through the context of 100 verses. Post one Just one that you are convinced is not taken out of context or truncated. Virtually every one in your list is misrepresented, out of context or truncated.

I am not going to spend hours trying to show that. I am just asking you to select ONE you believe is complete and is a stand alone command.
I think you understand how brainwashing techniques work.
Researchers at the University of Michigan have come to call the phenomenon memory distortion, and it's basically a brain glitch where the interplay of repetition and assumption makes us form our beliefs around whatever opinion is the most familiar to us.
6 Creepy Brainwashing Techniques You Can Use Today | Cracked.com
I am sure you understand brainwashing do not work based merely on ONE statement.

It is works effectively when a set of core ideas are repeated many times in various forms and in various degrees. A good example negative brainwashing resulting in violence is the Why of Racial Violence?

It is the same with violence in media when exposed to the vulnerables especially children. Just ONE scene will not turn a child or a vulnerable person to commit violence.

It is fair enough that one cannot counter every 100 or 1000 verses individually. But it is necessary to make reference to as many verses as possible to justify the Quran has a martial ethos that catalyze SOME Muslims to commit evil.

Based on my research, 55% or 3400++ of the 6236 verses are negatively and contemptuously directed at the non-Muslims. These comprised those of mild degree and those of extreme evil. There are over 300+ verses of the extreme kind which as a set* catalyze SOME Muslims to commit terrible evils on non-Muslims.
*This set comprised verses of very martial, violent, evil pulls condemning non-Muslims as if like a piece of 'sh:t' and dehumanizing them.

An individual verse may not be an explicit command but as a set within the Quran they inspired SOME Muslims to commit terrible evils around the world.

The critical factor is this set of evil is built up in the clergy and experts who eat and breathe the Quran and its associated texts 24/7/365 days for the whole part of their life. They are the ones that influence the rest of their flock and establish an climate of anti-humanity i.e. "us versus them" - the Muslims versus Humanity [non-Muslims as majority].

If you are really onto this OP, i.e. Why Islam is SO Evil? then
to understand the OP, rationally you should keep asking 'Why?' as many times as necessary [like a child] till you arrive at the root cause.
Note:
5 Whys is an iterative question-asking technique used to explore the cause-and-effect relationships underlying a particular problem. The primary goal of the technique is to determine the root cause of a defect or problem by repeating the question "Why?" Each question forms the basis of the next question. The "5" in the name derives from an empirical observation on the number of iterations typically required to resolve the problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_Whys
If you do this correctly, you will arrive at the root causes, i.e.
1. the set of evil verses in the Quran/Hadiths/Sira.
2. The personal experiences of Muhammad.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:52 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Massacre in Turkey ...

Suruc massacre: At least 28 killed in Turkey border blast - BBC News

Old 07-20-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I assume you are aware that IS has declared war on all Muslims and is attacking and killing Muslims world wide along with every one else who refuses to submit to IS.

Yes they do believe they are following Islam. But they seem to want to kill every other Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam