U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Reputation: 7407

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I agree most of the terrorist acts committed around the world are political and more likely ethnically based.

However, the fact is most of the political and ethnic related terrorist acts are -AT PRESENT - committed by Muslims.
These current political and ethnic related terrorist acts by Muslims have the additional support and inspiration from their holy texts.

What it is SO dangerous is when the terrorist acts are inspired by the religious texts and the religion itself, there is this chain-reaction effect which can spread evil easily all over the world wherever there are Muslims. Note how the Palestinian War between Palestinian and Iraelists [majority Jews] contribute to violence all over the world by Muslims. In contrast the Jews do not spread violence and evils around the world using the Palestinian-Israel conflict.

When Buddhists in Myanmar killed Rohingyas [who happened to be Muslims] because of ethnic tensions, Muslims around the world went in rage to burn Buddhist temples outside Myanmar.
Even with intellectual issues e.g. because of merely cartoons there were Muslim rage where many are killed all over the world.
Such related evils and violence has happened with many others issues. Turks became violent with Chinese tourists in Turkey because they were misinformed Uigher Muslims in Xinjiang were forced not to fast.

One critical issue is religion matters are motivated by very primal drives which can trigger very strong existential passions to the extent one can even sacrifice one life. This subliminal existential passion is stronger than the primal force when a human being is on the verge of orgasm.

Bin laden and other terrorists are driven by this subliminal primal impulse that manifest into his hatred for Western policies. Btw, Bin Laden quoted verses from the Quran to justify his violence terror acts.
Other Muslims terrorists are killing other Muslims because of this primal drive which is catalyzed by the evil-laden verses in their holy texts. Such evil drives are extended to every aspect of life, including education [note Malala and Boko Haram].
The bottom line is all Islam-related terrorist and other evils acts are traced to the holy evil-laden verses as the main cause.


If you read the Quran [I have spent a lot of time reading and researching it] you will get a sense of such brainwashing and it potential on SOME [20% -300 million] toward evil. This is solidly proven with clear-cut evidences. If you do not read the Quran sufficiently your views on Islam are not credible.

Without the Quran and its holy evil verse there will no Bin-Laden and other charismatic leaders that inspired many Muslims around the world to violence. Because religious based evils are driven so deep from the basement of the brain, its effect is human-wide and thus difficult to exterminate.

In contrast, note Nazism, Communism, fascism, imperialism and others where their roots are easily exposed and thus had been gotten rid quite easily. Islamic-based evils is a totally different kettle of fish and that is why world leaders are still scratching their heads.
There is a factor that needs to be taken into consideration.

The "Violent Verses" in the Qur'an seem to be seen as condoning violence primarily by non-Muslims and recent converts to Islam, that converted because the media has convinced them Islam commands violence.

My self and every Muslim I have been in contact with in person and online do not see them as commanding violence. They are relating to specific acts at a specific time and not commands.

No different from when Jesus(as) said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matt 10:34 Only a person reading it as a stand alone directive would consider it as promoting violence.

Historically people misusing the Bible and using verses as commanments have done considerable violence. The most recent being "Manifest Destiny" and the Westward Movement that resulted in an almost complete genocide of the First Nation people of what is now called America. It was done fully with the Justification of "Bringing Jesus" to the Savages. To put this in a time perspective--The Grandson of Tatanka Iyotake (Sitting Bull) is still alive and well on the Standing Rock Reservation. Tatanka Iyotake was murdered only 125 years ago. Just 50 years before I was born.

This is not ancient History in the time of my Grandparents Millions of the rightful inhabitants were murdered in the name of "Manifest Destiny" to bring Jesus to the "Savages".

Those that will do evil will do so and turn any text into justification for their evil.

The Bible was used as a weapon to murder the Lakotah, Nakotah, Dakotah, Ojibway. Cheyenne. Arapaho, Comanche and countless others

Quote:

Manifest Destiny and the belief that western expansion was God’s work provided a convenient rationalisation for the conquest of perceived lesser breeds like Native Americans and Mexicans by land-hungry pioneers. The Indian Removal Act of 1830 authorized the president to negotiate with Indian tribes in the Southern United States for their removal to federal territory west of the Mississippi River in exchange for their ancestral homelands. The act enjoyed strong support from the South which was eager to gain access to lands inhabited by Native tribes. It is, however, important to note the divisive nature of the Indian Removal Act as many people, such as Christian missionaries, opposed its passage. The passage of the act now meant that ethnic cleansing was government policy.
http://newhistories.group.shef.ac.uk...-death-people/

Those that took part in this atrocity did believe they were the true Christians and the pioneers that invade the west did so in the name of Christianity. the reality is they were similar to today's IS and they did the exact same evils

Two identical groups, both believing they were/are the true representatives of their faith. both using single quotes as commands to destroy others.

Neither representing Christianity or Islam.

The "Muslim IS Muhajidun" of today are a reincarnation of the "American Christian Pioneers" of the 1800s.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

 
Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM
 
97 posts, read 69,703 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Those that will do evil will do so and turn any text into justification for their evil.

The Bible was used as a weapon to murder the Lakotah, Nakotah, Dakotah, Ojibway. Cheyenne. Arapaho, Comanche and countless others



Manifest Destiny, Westward Expansion and the Death of a People | New Histories

Those that took part in this atrocity did believe they were the true Christians and the pioneers that invade the west did so in the name of Christianity. the reality is they were similar to today's IS and they did the exact same evils

Two identical groups, both believing they were/are the true representatives of their faith. both using single quotes as commands to destroy others.

Neither representing Christianity or Islam.

The "Muslim IS Muhajidun" of today are a reincarnation of the "American Christian Pioneers" of the 1800s.
Spot on!

It's a double standard when Christians claim that blood shed in Jesus's name wasn't in fact committed by REAL Christians........but faux Christians........and yet when Islamists shed blood it is committed by REAL Islamist.
You often hear from Christians that The New Testament preaches peaceful "Christian" values........and all the violent stuff is from the Old Testament.......so doesn't really count...........how come then that Christians have BOTH the Old and New testament in their Holy book?

PS Woodrow LI, I have read some of your other posts so I know you are a man of faith.......... I however am not............ I think religion has a lot to answer for, but I do see a double standard here when the OP ask "Why is Islam" so violent..........but is quick to dismiss Christianity's violence as something that happened a long time ago........or in any case wasn't committed by REAL Christians.
 
Old 07-23-2015, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klambo View Post
Spot on!

It's a double standard when Christians claim that blood shed in Jesus's name wasn't in fact committed by REAL Christians........but faux Christians........and yet when Islamists shed blood it is committed by REAL Islamist.
You often hear from Christians that The New Testament preaches peaceful "Christian" values........and all the violent stuff is from the Old Testament.......so doesn't really count...........how come then that Christians have BOTH the Old and New testament in their Holy book?

PS Woodrow LI, I have read some of your other posts so I know you are a man of faith.......... I however am not............ I think religion has a lot to answer for, but I do see a double standard here when the OP ask "Why is Islam" so violent..........but is quick to dismiss Christianity's violence as something that happened a long time ago........or in any case wasn't committed by REAL Christians.
Thank You,

Do you realize how dull this forum would be if we were all Muslim? All views are welcome as long as they are sincere and without malice towards any individual member.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
 
Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 PM
 
97 posts, read 69,703 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I agree most of the terrorist acts committed around the world are political and more likely ethnically based.

However, the fact is most of the political and ethnic related terrorist acts are -AT PRESENT - committed by Muslims.
I agree but equally it has to be remembered that second biggest terrorist atrocity on US mainland soil was committed by a Roman Catholic Christian, Timothy McVeigh...........and the largest single handed shooting & bombing atrocity in the West was committed by a Christian, Anders Brevick, granted whilst neither could be considered Bible Bashers, both said they believed in the core beliefs of Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note how the Palestinian War between Palestinian and Iraelists [majority Jews] contribute to violence all over the world by Muslims. In contrast the Jews do not spread violence and evils around the world using the Palestinian-Israel conflict.
Whilst this is true, this kinda reflects that the Israeli Jewish administration is happy with the status quo in Israel......... despite Netanyahu's continuous paranoid bleating, they have the one and only nuclear arsenal in the Middle East, are supplied with State of the Art weaponry by the States, and are largely given a pass by its Western allies or blind eye whenever the IDF commit any atrocities........hell the Israeli's even got a pass by the US when they attacked the USS Liberty Bell and killed 34 US sailors!
Let's not forget the Israeli weren't shy of committing terrorist atrocities against the British and local Palestinians in pursuit of their goal of an Independent Jewish only state, The King David bombing being only one of many Jewish atrocities........fueled by their belief that God had promised them the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Without the Quran and its holy evil verse there will no Bin-Laden and other charismatic leaders that inspired many Muslims around the world to violence. Because religious based evils are driven so deep from the basement of the brain, its effect is human-wide and thus difficult to exterminate.
But you could equally argue had the Russians not invaded Afghanistan and the US not supplied the Mujahideen with Stinger missiles and tactical support there would have been no Bin Laden.

I do agree with your point about religious brain washing, and yes some of the Islamic caused atrocities could be due to that..........but I would argue that many of the main religions are guilty of brainwashing.........which leads to dangerous death wish cults like Jonestown, Heaven's Gate and Branch Davidians......... all who's leaders had their roots in Christianity.

Last edited by Klambo; 07-23-2015 at 04:59 PM..
 
Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klambo View Post
I agree but equally it has to be remembered that second biggest terrorist atrocity on US mainland soil was committed by a Roman Catholic Christian, Timothy McVeigh...........and the largest single handed shooting & bombing atrocity in the West was committed by a Christian, Anders Brevick, granted whilst neither could be considered Bible Bashers, both said they believed in the core beliefs of Christianity.
Timothy McVeigh and Brevick did not quote from the NT nor emphasize their beliefs as Christians.

On the other hand, all [if not most] of Muslims terrorists and evil-doers made reference to the Quran to justify their crime, e.g.
Bouyeri had told the court he had acted out of religious conviction.
Clutching a copy of the Koran, he said that "the law compels me to chop off the head of anyone who insults Allah and the prophet".
BBC NEWS | Europe | Van Gogh killer jailed for life
Read Bin Laden letter to America where he quoted from the Quran.
Full text: bin Laden's 'letter to America'
Full text: bin Laden's 'letter to America' | World news | The Guardian

Point is I have read of hundreds of such cases and I don't think you have done that at all. You are not speaking from the totality of all the facts out there.



Quote:
Whilst this is true, this kinda reflects
that the Israeli Jewish administration is happy with the status quo in
Israel......... despite Netanyahu's continuous paranoid bleating, they have the
one and only nuclear arsenal in the Middle East, are supplied with State of the
Art weaponry by the States, and are largely given a pass by its Western allies
or blind eye whenever the IDF commit any atrocities........hell the Israeli's
even got a pass by the US when they attacked the USS Liberty Bell and killed 34
US sailors!
Let's not forget the Israeli weren't shy
of committing terrorist atrocities against the British and local Palestinians in
pursuit of their goal of an Independent Jewish only state, The King David
bombing being only one of many Jewish atrocities........fueled by their belief
that God had promised them the land.
I am not denying the above, but I suggest you make a comparison based on current actual incidents and note the trend into the future.

Here is one statistics of incidents that involve fatalities; 26,477! since 9/11 in all over the world.



I suggest you use the above and compare similar incidents from other religions and taking into account the inspiration of the above from the holy texts.

Quote:
But you could equally argue had the Russians not invaded Afghanistan and the US
not supplied the Mujahideen with Stinger missiles and tactical support
there would have been no Bin Laden.
Your point is not valid. I could argue backward till, if there were no humans, there would have been no Bin-Laden.
My point was a Quran-inspired Bin Laden took advantage of Islam to garner other Muslims to create havoc.
The fact and potential is the malignant element in the Quran itself will enable Quran-inspired terrorists to exploit where there are weaknesses anywhere, e.g. ISIS, Boko Haram, etc.
Therefore the Quran-in-part and the ethos of Islam is the critical root cause that must be addressed. Trying to cure other ills [social, political, cultural] are merely fire-fighting.

Quote:
I do agree with your point about religious brain washing, and yes some of the Islamic caused atrocities could be due to that..........but I would argue that many of the main religions are guilty of brainwashing.........which leads to dangerous death wish cults like Jonestown, Heaven's Gate and Branch Davidians......... all who's leaders had their roots in Christianity.
All religions [organized] provide opportunities for their evil-prone believers [clergy, monks, etc.] to commit evils of various kinds. Some are guilty of brainwashing.
Even in Buddhism which in essence is full of empathy and compassion to others, has its share of scandals committed by monks in various temples all over the world, such evils are not inspired by their holy texts. In Christianity there is the pedophile scandals and various. However these evils are not condone within their religious text.

At the borderline in the Jonestown and Heaven's Gate examples, the respective cult leader may exploit the believers who are vulnerable but their aims were never to go out to kill non-believers merely because they do not believe Christianity. As I mentioned the dominant ethos of Christianity is 'love yourself and others.'

On the other hand, Islam with its tons of evil-laden verses and its ethos is the ONLY exception from all other religions in terms of targeting extreme evils at non-believers, the infidels and labeled derogatory as 'Kuffar' or 'Kafir.' I suggest you MUST read the Quran objectively.
That is why we have the real stats of extreme evils committed by SOME Muslims which I linked above.

In general I believe religiosity has its problems but we are in a devil - deep_blue_sea scenario as religion is also a critical necessity to deal with an inherent unavoidable existential dilemma. What is needed is for humanity to expedite the search for foolproofs alternatives to replace religions to deal with the unavoidable existential dilemma.
But in the mean time we MUST pay attention to the most critical religious problem, i.e. Islam-in-part based on the Pareto 80/20 principle.
 
Old 07-24-2015, 12:45 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There is a factor that needs to be taken into consideration.

The "Violent Verses" in the Qur'an seem to be seen as condoning violence primarily by non-Muslims and recent converts to Islam, that converted because the media has convinced them Islam commands violence.
What??

Here is a pictoral expansion of Islam accompanied by Quran-inspired violence and evil since Muhammad came into the picture in the 6th century.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc

How can you be SO blind to facts.


Quote:
My self and every Muslim I have been in contact with in person and online do not
see them as commanding violence. They are relating to specific acts at a
specific time and not commands.
There are 1.5 billion Muslims around the world. As estimated, 20% are prone to certain degrees of evil, that is 300 million of such Muslims. We can estimate 5% i.e. 75 millions are prone to higher degrees of evil.
It is most likely you and the rest of Muslims you have met [1,425,000 ] do not fall within the 75 million category.
Btw, in one post it was highlighted to you one of the poster here condones violent Jihad.

The extremist evil-prone would definitely take the violence verses as commands from Allah and strict compliance to such violent verses in increase their chances of rewards in paradise many folds. This is stated in the Quran itself.

I had mentioned those Muslims who commit evil do not rely solely on one verse as a command to act violence. It is a always based on a set of verses and the general ethos of martial Islam that inspire them to violence.


Quote:
No different from when Jesus(as) said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring
peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matt 10:34
Only a person reading it as a stand alone directive would consider it as
promoting violence.
As I stated above, the effective trigger is based on a set of verses and the general ethos of the religion. The above verse would be easily be resolved and dissolved by parallel verses and the dominant ethos of love from the NT. Note the parallel verse where 'sword' is equivalent 'the potential to cut and divide' within families and kins.
Luke 12:49-53 reads:
49 "I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo [my death], and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
Quote:
Historically people misusing the Bible and using verses as commanments have done considerable violence. The most recent being "Manifest Destiny" and the Westward Movement that resulted in an almost complete genocide of the First Nation people of what is now called America. It was done fully with the Justification of "Bringing Jesus" to the Savages. To put this in a time perspective--The Grandson of Tatanka Iyotake (Sitting Bull) is still alive and well on the Standing Rock Reservation. Tatanka Iyotake was murdered only 125 years ago. Just 50 years before I was born.

This is not ancient History in the time of my Grandparents Millions of the rightful inhabitants were murdered in the name of "Manifest Destiny" to bring Jesus to the "Savages".

Those that will do evil will do so and turn any text into justification for their evil.

The Bible was used as a weapon to murder the Lakotah, Nakotah, Dakotah, Ojibway. Cheyenne. Arapaho, Comanche and countless others



Manifest Destiny, Westward Expansion and the Death of a People | New Histories

Those that took part in this atrocity did believe they were the true Christians and the pioneers that invade the west did so in the name of Christianity. the reality is they were similar to today's IS and they did the exact same evils

Two identical groups, both believing they were/are the true representatives of their faith. both using single quotes as commands to destroy others.

Neither representing Christianity or Islam.

The "Muslim IS Muhajidun" of today are a reincarnation of the "American Christian Pioneers" of the 1800s.
No, the "Muslim IS Muhajidun" of today are NOT an equivalent of the "American Christian Pioneers" of the 1800s.

The extremist Muslims [then and now] are directly inspired by the holy texts of the Quran and its expositions [Hadiths] and the martial ethos of Islam.

The atrocities committed by Christians of the past were circumstantial and falsely claiming themselves to act according to the NT. But there is no truth to it at all. Otherwise you should have Christians today continuing to do the same, but there no Christians at present who go on killing-spree of killing non-Christians at random around the world.

On the other hand, Quran-inspired-Muslims {SOME} extremists had been a reality since Islam started and had continued to the present day. The evidence and proof is SO obvious.
 
Old 07-24-2015, 01:52 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What??

Here is a pictoral expansion of Islam accompanied by Quran-inspired violence and evil since Muhammad came into the picture in the 6th century.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc

How can you be SO blind to facts.


There are 1.5 billion Muslims around the world. As estimated, 20% are prone to certain degrees of evil, that is 300 million of such Muslims. We can estimate 5% i.e. 75 millions are prone to higher degrees of evil.
It is most likely you and the rest of Muslims you have met [1,425,000 ] do not fall within the 75 million category.
Btw, in one post it was highlighted to you one of the poster here condones violent Jihad.

The extremist evil-prone would definitely take the violence verses as commands from Allah and strict compliance to such violent verses in increase their chances of rewards in paradise many folds. This is stated in the Quran itself.

I had mentioned those Muslims who commit evil do not rely solely on one verse as a command to act violence. It is a always based on a set of verses and the general ethos of martial Islam that inspire them to violence.


As I stated above, the effective trigger is based on a set of verses and the general ethos of the religion. The above verse would be easily be resolved and dissolved by parallel verses and the dominant ethos of love from the NT. Note the parallel verse where 'sword' is equivalent 'the potential to cut and divide' within families and kins.
Luke 12:49-53 reads:
49 "I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo [my death], and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
No, the "Muslim IS Muhajidun" of today are NOT an equivalent of the "American Christian Pioneers" of the 1800s.

The extremist Muslims [then and now] are directly inspired by the holy texts of the Quran and its expositions [Hadiths] and the martial ethos of Islam.

The atrocities committed by Christians of the past were circumstantial and falsely claiming themselves to act according to the NT. But there is no truth to it at all. Otherwise you should have Christians today continuing to do the same, but there no Christians at present who go on killing-spree of killing non-Christians at random around the world.

On the other hand, Quran-inspired-Muslims {SOME} extremists had been a reality since Islam started and had continued to the present day. The evidence and proof is SO obvious.
Quote:
The atrocities committed by Christians of the past were circumstantial and falsely claiming themselves to act according to the NT. But there is no truth to it at all. Otherwise you should have Christians today continuing to do the same, but there no Christians at present who go on killing-spree of killing non-Christians at random around the world.
Are you aware of what is going on in North West India and Africa in the name of Christianity?
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
 
Old 07-24-2015, 02:14 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Are you aware of what is going on in North West India and Africa in the name of Christianity?
What is happening in North West India??
Re Africa, yes, but those are driven more by ethnic clashes of people who happened to be Christians and not primarily by verses in the NT. Note what is going on in Myanmar, Sri Lanka by Buddhists.



I will agree Christianity per-se condoned violence if the following is happening at present;
1. There are significant % of direct and indirect evil-laden verses in the NT that condoned the killing of non-Christians.

2. At present, SOME Christians from all over the world are ACTUALLY killing* non-Christians willy-nilly at random solely because they [non-Christian infidels] do not believe in Christianity. * on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Because 1 and 2 are non-existent and do not happen in reality.
Are the majority Christians in USA, Europe, Philippines using guns and bombs to kill anyone who is not a Christian on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, on Christmas, Easter Day?
No ..there are no evidence of the above as what Islam-in-part is inspiring SOME Muslim to do, for example,



Therefore Christianity-in-part is not a violent religion.

Get it?
 
Old 07-24-2015, 03:50 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
What is happening in North West India??
Re Africa, yes, but those are driven more by ethnic clashes of people who happened to be Christians and not primarily by verses in the NT. Note what is going on in Myanmar, Sri Lanka by Buddhists.



I will agree Christianity per-se condoned violence if the following is happening at present;
1. There are significant % of direct and indirect evil-laden verses in the NT that condoned the killing of non-Christians.

2. At present, SOME Christians from all over the world are ACTUALLY killing* non-Christians willy-nilly at random solely because they [non-Christian infidels] do not believe in Christianity. * on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Because 1 and 2 are non-existent and do not happen in reality.
Are the majority Christians in USA, Europe, Philippines using guns and bombs to kill anyone who is not a Christian on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, on Christmas, Easter Day?
No ..there are no evidence of the above as what Islam-in-part is inspiring SOME Muslim to do, for example,



Therefore Christianity-in-part is not a violent religion.

Get it?
Part 1 does exist in Christianity

A person who desires to find violence in the NT will find it. It is all a matter of perspective and a person's ability to take verses out of context.


From an Anti Christian site that seems to find considerable violence in the NT

Quote:
What Would Jesus Do?



Advocate child abuse and murder amongst many other cruelties.

Christians are always claiming, “he’s the lamb”, “our savior”, “the king of peace”, “the embodiment of love”, amongst the many other names they associate with a loving, merciful nature. Jesus a nice guy? Not in my book. Nor in any other person’s who is capable of compassion and rationality. Let’s examine who the hell the Jesus character really is. These verses will show not only is Jesus’ “loving” nature a joke but so are the Christians who worship him. Jesus’ real mission to come to earth:

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

Jesus says, “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. “The real beauty of this verse is that Jesus demands people truly love him more then they love their own family. I ask you how can we love someone that we can not see or interact with? Love is an emotion pertaining to physical existence not to faithful ideologies, yet God threatens you with Death just because your love for your mother maybe stronger than your love for him. Matthew 10:34

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. Matthew 5:17



Jesus advocates murder and death:

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. Matthew 11:20

Jesus, whose clothes are dipped in blood, has a sharp sword sticking out of his mouth. Thus attired, he treads the winepress of the wrath of God. (The winepress is the actual press that humans shall be put into so that we may be ground up.) Revelations 19:13-15

The beast and the false prophet are cast alive into a lake of fire. The rest of us the unchosen will be killed with the sword of Jesus. “An all the fowls were filled with their flesh.” Revelations 19:20-21



Jesus says he is the only way to salvation yet he purposely disillusions us so that we will go to hell:

Jesus explains that the reason he speaks in parables is so that no one will understand him, “lest . . . they . . . should understand . . . and should be converted, and I should heal them.” Matthew 13:10-15

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12



Jesus advocates child abuse:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. Matthew 19:29

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9



A few other things about Jesus:

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. Mark 4:25

Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13

Jesus kills a fig tree for not bearing figs, even though it was out of season. Jesus must not be as smart as Christians would have us believe, for he was retarded enough to do something this silly. You’d think the son of god (god incarnate) would know that trees don’t bear fruit in dry season. Mark 11:13

Luke 12:47 Jesus okays beating slaves.
What Would Jesus Do?

Quote:
“Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!”

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament and Law Contradictions:

I hear so many Christians now a days claim that the Old Testament is defunct for Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations. This is just another bull**** scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god. Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes. I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a BRIEF list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it! After this section I shall list where the Bible contradicts itself concerning other laws.

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

9) “...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35
Do Not Ignore Old Testament





I do not agree with hate sites of any type be they anti-Islam, anti-Judaism, anti-Christianityu or any religion. Just pointing out a person who seeks to find evil is going to find it. No matter how far out of context they need to take a verse.

Part 2 has been ongoing for Centuries. and is still continuing.

The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About
by Jack Jenkins Dec 4, 2014 9:12am
The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About | ThinkProgress

Here are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS
Here are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS | Americans Against the Tea Party

Yes, There Are Christian TerroristsThe anti-Muslim militias in the Central African Republic may not get the same attention as ISIS, but let’s not forget that people are still doing awful things in the name of Christianity.“There are still nine Christians here. We will capture them. We will kill them. When we finish here, we will go to the next village and kill the Christians there, too.”If an ISIS leader made a statement like this publicly, Fox News would probably cut into their programming bring you a special report about the Muslims’ “religious war” against Christians. Mainstream media outlets would most likely cover it as well. But that statement was indeed uttered in 2014. Except there was one simple word difference: “Christian” was replaced with “Muslim.” That is exactly what a Christian terrorist said about his militia’s plan to exterminate the remaining nine Muslims in a village in Central Africa Republic (CAR). But, of course, stuff like that doesn’t really make news here in our country.
Yes, There Are Christian Terrorists - The Daily Beast


Christian terrorist groups exist and we often simply ignore them
April 6, 2015 by Dan Arel
- See more at: Christian terrorist groups exist and we often simply ignore them
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
 
Old 07-24-2015, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Part 1 does exist in Christianity

A person who desires to find violence in the NT will find it. It is all a matter of perspective and a person's ability to take verses out of context.


From an Anti Christian site that seems to find considerable violence in the NT


What Would Jesus Do?



Do Not Ignore Old Testament





I do not agree with hate sites of any type be they anti-Islam, anti-Judaism, anti-Christianityu or any religion. Just pointing out a person who seeks to find evil is going to find it. No matter how far out of context they need to take a verse.

Part 2 has been ongoing for Centuries. and is still continuing.

The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About
by Jack Jenkins Dec 4, 2014 9:12am
The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About | ThinkProgress

Here are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS
Here are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS | Americans Against the Tea Party

Yes, There Are Christian TerroristsThe anti-Muslim militias in the Central African Republic may not get the same attention as ISIS, but let’s not forget that people are still doing awful things in the name of Christianity.“There are still nine Christians here. We will capture them. We will kill them. When we finish here, we will go to the next village and kill the Christians there, too.”If an ISIS leader made a statement like this publicly, Fox News would probably cut into their programming bring you a special report about the Muslims’ “religious war” against Christians. Mainstream media outlets would most likely cover it as well. But that statement was indeed uttered in 2014. Except there was one simple word difference: “Christian” was replaced with “Muslim.” That is exactly what a Christian terrorist said about his militia’s plan to exterminate the remaining nine Muslims in a village in Central Africa Republic (CAR). But, of course, stuff like that doesn’t really make news here in our country.
Yes, There Are Christian Terrorists - The Daily Beast


Christian terrorist groups exist and we often simply ignore them
April 6, 2015 by Dan Arel
- See more at: Christian terrorist groups exist and we often simply ignore them
I repost my conditions again;

Quote:

I will agree Christianity per-se condoned violence if the following is
happening at present;

1. There are significant % of direct and indirect evil-laden verses
in the NT that condoned the killing of non-Christians.

2. At present,
SOME Christians from all over the world are ACTUALLY killing* non-Christians
willy-nilly at random solely because they [non-Christian infidels] do not
believe in Christianity. * on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
basis.
Because 1 and 2 are non-existent and do not happen in reality.
Are the
majority Christians in USA, Europe, Philippines using guns and bombs to kill
anyone who is not a Christian on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, on Christmas,
Easter Day?
No ..there are no evidence of the above as what Islam-in-part is
inspiring SOME Muslim to do, for example,

Therefore
Christianity-in-part is not a violent religion.
Note in Part-1 I mentioned significant %.
The critical point here is the general ethos and what that carry the heaviest weigh it the 'love' element that override the past short-coming of the older OT.

Re Part-2 I mentioned all over the World, which I ask later, i.e.
Are the majority Christians in USA, Europe, Philippines using guns and bombs to kill anyone who is not a Christian on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, on Christmas, Easter Day?
This is what SOME Muslims are doing when inspired by significant % of verses in the Quran plus expositions by scholars and schools.

What you are doing is side-stepping the main and critical elements of my arguments and bring in frivolous points.

I do not deny there are believers from Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism who commit violence but they are not inspired by the essence and ethos of their religion.
The Buddhists in Myanmar also asserted they want to kill Muslims but that is not inspired by the Buddhist sutras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top