U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 09:45 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re:
"Financially that is not very feasible.
Things cost money, even the act of establishing unity

sadly we do have our share of idiots that seem to want to prove Islam is all about violence.It only takes one or two to turn back all the good other Muslims do

It only took 19 maniacs on 9/11 to turn nearly every American against Islam"

You know I am just wondering if the devout of Islam get their views drowned out in the cacophony of the those who do violence it stands to reason Muslims will be risking that Islam's book in the modern age will be written by those who destroy. Perhaps that does argue for change?

I note this because Catholicism underwent a period of reflection back a few decades where
the 'old ways' were being pressured by the 'new'. What happened was the Church pivoted and
introduced reforms. I realize Islam as noted is structured differently but perhaps it too needs to change in some ways to deal with the extremist threat posed by the radicals who are comfortable in using violence alongside their creed.
Islam is basically personal responsibility. Islam is an individual act it is not an organization. There is no hierarchy of Clergy. There are no ordained clergy among the Sunni which form at least 80% of the world's Muslims.
There will not be any organization until the establishment of the final caliphate which most of us do not believe will happen until the return of Jesus.

There are about 1.7 billion Muslims each of which can start a Mosque. Also at least 20% are Hafiz, in the past virtually every male was Hafiz---Hafiz being a person who has memorized the Qur'an. It would probably be impossible to get a Qur'an with even one word changed to go unnoticed. Nearly every family has at least one member who is a Hafiz.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-07-2015 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,704,957 times
Re: "There will not be any organization until the establishment of the final caliphate which most of us do not believe will happen until the return of Jesus"

I do not know when Jesus will come but I'd suggest the foreseeable future will continue to show jihadists using very modern 'organizing' principles to get their views across to the world.
They've already eked out a nascent state. The rise of the Internet and social media now helps them to proselytize effectively efficiently and barbarously. I'd think a point to ponder for Muslims to engage with as well as societies. It would sure seem they, the jihadists, know how to they want to act within their religion and within modern societies at large.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: "There will not be any organization until the establishment of the final caliphate which most of us do not believe will happen until the return of Jesus"

I do not know when Jesus will come but I'd suggest the foreseeable future will continue to show jihadists using very modern 'organizing' principles to get their views across to the world.
They've already eked out a nascent state. The rise of the Internet and social media now helps them to proselytize effectively efficiently and barbarously. I'd think a point to ponder for Muslims to engage with as well as societies. It would sure seem they, the jihadists, know how to they want to act within their religion and within modern societies at large.
It is true the radicals and extremests are highly organized.
Which is almost a clear sign they are not following Islam as no Muslim can speak for another Muslim and no group can speak for Islam.

However, local and even national groups can and do speak out against the radicals.

Nearly every Imam speaks out against extremism at the Mosque during the Friday Kutbah (Sermon)
But the radicals typically do not go to any Mosque.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:43 PM

Muslim scholar coming to Hilliard conference says ISIS is threat to world

Muslim scholar coming to Hilliard conference says ISIS is threat to world | The Columbus Dispatch

Old 02-08-2015, 08:54 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,502,841 times
Interesting article on how Daesh looks to Islamic history to justify its violence.

Isis has reached new depths of depravity. But there is a brutal logic behind it | World news | The Guardian

Old 02-09-2015, 04:43 AM

115 posts, read 172,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There will not be any organization until the establishment of the final caliphate which most of us do not believe will happen until the return of Jesus.
Does that mean that Jesus will be muslim? I've heard some clain that Jesus is or was muslim. Is this what they mean?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Does that mean that Jesus will be muslim? I've heard some clain that Jesus is or was muslim. Is this what they mean?

Yes, we believe all who sincerly submitted to God(swt) are Muslim not Just Human's but even the Angels.
Islam (Submission to God) has always existed. Muhammad((pbuh) did not bring anything new. He is the final messenger, and this is the last time mankind will be given the message that was given to all Prophets. Our last chance to not mess it up like we have always done in the past.
The message is quite simple and is contained in 3 very short Surah

1. Surah Al-Fatihah

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

6. Guide us to the Straight Way

7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger nor of those who went astray

109. Surah Al-Kaafiroon (The Disbelievers)

1. Say to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion."

112. Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity
)

1. Say "He is Allah, (the) One.

2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."

That is the entire message that has been given to all of mankind the rest of scripture explains how and why we are to do so.

As for Jesus(as) returning, he has too as he never died. Every Human has to die and be resurrected on the final judgement day.
Before the final day Jesus(as) will return and finish his life. Some of the things we believe he will do are destroy the anti-Christ and bring about the final Caliphate an era of peace during which all of the world will worship the one God(swt) who was named in all the scriptures.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 AM

115 posts, read 172,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

As for Jesus(as) returning, he has too as he never died. Every Human has to die and be resurrected on the final judgement day.
Before the final day Jesus(as) will return and finish his life. Some of the things we believe he will do are destroy the anti-Christ and bring about the final Caliphate an era of peace during which all of the world will worship the one God(swt) who was named in all the scriptures.
I never heard that. Thank you. Do you know if Christians are waiting for Jesus to return?

Sorry if I'm going off topic. Here's a pic to get this thread back on topic.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:06 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,704,957 times
^
And I'd suggest that that 'message' applies to Muslims everywhere besides non-Muslims. That sign is directed to ALL who do not agree to the radical 'platform' .

Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
I never heard that. Thank you. Do you know if Christians are waiting for Jesus to return?

Sorry if I'm going off topic. Here's a pic to get this thread back on topic.
Yes virtually all Christians are waiting for Jesus(as) and they believe pretty much the same thing with the possible exception many Christians believe only Christians perform the act of Islam (The act of worshiping/submitting to God)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or