U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 04:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,599 times

Advertisements

thinks about it sierra leone,Honduras,pretty much all of central america and large parts of africa are all populated by Christians even though the most violent countries Syria, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, and North Korea (Rated by World Peace Index) are majority of muslim countries its very evident that Christian countries hold some of the most dangerous countries. its a circumstance of social situation poverty, conflict struggle in general. As an Afghan myself i dont consider my self violent even though i was raised till 13 in Kandahar during the Taliban conflict and then migrated to a poverty, crime ridden area in Baltimore my years did show its circumstance, take Afghanistan dont u think its odd its been rated the 2Nd most violent country on the earth only after Syria which is in a full scale war, even though afg. hasnt had a offical conflict since the US bombing that ended in 2002, its left a violent crime,drug ridden hole on the earth and once they are migrated they are subjugated to the deplorable living standards in US and Europe (Search up Europe Islam no go zones)the large Arab pop. in Detroit and south side Chicago is example and the blocked off Muslim ghettos all over Europe and some in canada its your descion but don't be swept in the hype "Sharia No Go Zones and Patrols" are simmilar to US's gang controlled territories

Old 08-02-2015, 05:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinCarfanzio View Post
thinks about it sierra leone,Honduras,pretty much all of central america and large parts of africa are all populated by Christians even though the most violent countries Syria, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, and North Korea (Rated by World Peace Index) are majority of muslim countries its very evident that Christian countries hold some of the most dangerous countries. its a circumstance of social situation poverty, conflict struggle in general. As an Afghan myself i dont consider my self violent even though i was raised till 13 in Kandahar during the Taliban conflict and then migrated to a poverty, crime ridden area in Baltimore my years did show its circumstance, take Afghanistan dont u think its odd its been rated the 2Nd most violent country on the earth only after Syria which is in a full scale war, even though afg. hasnt had a offical conflict since the US bombing that ended in 2002, its left a violent crime,drug ridden hole on the earth and once they are migrated they are subjugated to the deplorable living standards in US and Europe (Search up Europe Islam no go zones)the large Arab pop. in Detroit and south side Chicago is example and the blocked off Muslim ghettos all over Europe and some in canada its your descion but don't be swept in the hype "Sharia No Go Zones and Patrols" are simmilar to US's gang controlled territories
I don't think you have read the whole thread. However if you have read my arguments, you will note I have reduced the answer to the OP down to the following critical elements, i.e.

1. 20% of Muslims as with any group of people are reasonably prone to evil. Thus 80% of Muslim are reasonable good people.

2. There are a significant % [>50%] of potential violent elements [of various degrees from low to high] in the Quran and its expositions, i.e. Hadiths, Sira and others.

3. Islam is driven by the martial ethos of Muhammad and the verses of the holy texts. No other founder of the main stream religions has an actual martial ethos [the Gita has an allegorical one].

As you have admitted you are not violent by nature, and that is why you are not influenced by the violent elements in the Quran as in (2) above.

But you cannot deny there are some Muslims who are VERY highly violent say 10% out of the 20% in (1) above.
Note with 10% we have a pool of 150 million! violent prone Muslims [10% x 1.5 b] around the world.
Even with 1% there is still a pool of 15 million! violent prone Muslims around the world!
I am sure you are aware it took only 18++ to do a 911 and even lone wolves can create terrible evils.
If you add up all the actual jihadists that are causing all the terrible evils around the world, they are merely a handful say up to 10,000? 20,000?
But note we have a potential from a pool of 15 millions if 1% and 150 millions if 10%.

In addition we have silent and armchair Muslim supporters which could be 20-40% of Muslims who share the similar sentiments with the jihadists, that's a pool 300 million to 600 millions. They are easily influenced by violent verses from the Quran and its associated texts and martial background of Muhammad. Most are influenced by charismatic preachers in their mosque, internet and elsewhere. Whilst they may not be actual jihadists, they provide financial and moral support to the jihadists. There are Muslim mothers who has no qualms sacrificing their sons for martyrdom.

Humanity must address and deal with ALL evils and violence without exception.

However, this OP deal with one type of ALL violence in the World, i.e.
a. Religion-Inspired Violence.
This is due to the combination of elements 1, 2 and 3 above.

There are violence related to religions, i.e. they are related to a religion, i.e. committed by believers of a religion, e.g. Buddhists in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tibet, etc. Christians in CAR, etc. These are categorized as Religion-Related Violence as they are not inspired by the religion per se.
The elements involved are merely 1 above without 2 and 3.
Point is we do NOT hear of Buddhists committing violence and justifying their acts in the name of Buddha or by quoting verses from their Sutras. It is the same for Christians at present, they do not quote the Bible when fighting their wars and committing violence. Even if they do, the are committing a sin as Jesus overriding voice is 'love your enemy'.

The fact is the Religion-Inspired Violence worldwide by SOME Muslims are supported by real evidences.
Based on evidence, all known Muslim jihadists quoted the Quran [directly or indirectly] to justify their violence otherwise if it is not the word of God [according to their understanding] they will not go to heaven with eternal life and reap their rewards, etc.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:17 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,216,302 times
Radicals or fanatics all can be dangerous and Islam only one of them. Appear to be protecting a belief which often improperly interpreted then acted upon. Then to make the problem worse they add their own ideas makes sense to them.. Vengeance is mine saith the Lord . Not tolerant nor loving. We can see this in this country in various denominations where the Supreme being needs our help in persecuting evil and that's what makes them dangerous as they become judge jury and executioners.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:23 PM

10,202 posts, read 6,084,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdainvegas View Post
Muslims are concentrated in high heat zones. Tempers flare in such areas.
Yes it is true I have long suspected that such high temperature zones will distort minds. Isn't that where Christianity started?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:30 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdainvegas View Post
Muslims are concentrated in high heat zones. Tempers flare in such areas.
You might have a point there. Although over 2/3 of the World's Muslims do not live in High Heat (Desret) Areas. Most of the Violence committed by Muslims are by Muslims form Tropical or Desert regions.

Should also be noticed that the non-Muslims in the same regions also have a history of violence.

There may be other factors involved. The region has a very long history of violence by people of a wide variety of Religious beliefs.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,497 times
"Most of the Violence committed by Muslims are by Muslims form Tropical or Desert regions. "

There is much violence (rioting, rapes and murder) by Muslims in Europe when we consider the small populations of Muslims living there.

For example:

"Norway’s long held out a warm, welcoming hand to immigrants – trying to help them feel at home, and assimilate into society. That policy’s been clouded not only by Breivik massacres – but even from within ethnic groups – with radical slogans and even death threats from the growing Islamic community."
https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/

"Marseilles is now 30-40% Muslim. Excessive violence, riots, and rapes are turning it into a third world city in the heart of Europe"
https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...ity-in-europe/

"FRENCH CITY WITH 40% MUSLIM POPULATION IS THE MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN EUROPE"
French City with 40% Muslim Population is the Most Dangerous City in Europe | Frontpage Mag

"Muslim Gangs Continue To Terrorize 55 Neighborhoods, Police Powerless"
Read more: Muslim Gangs Terrorize 55 Neighborhoods, Police Powerless | The Daily Caller

"British Girls Raped by Muslim Gangs on "Industrial Scale"
British Girls Raped by Muslim Gangs on "Industrial Scale"

"Muslim rape wave in Sweden"
http://majorityrights.com/weblog/com...ave_in_sweden/

"In Sweden, Muslim immigrants account for 5 percent of its population but commit 77 percent of its crime."
BETHANY BLANKLEY: As Christianity exits Europe, 'Criminal Muslims' fill void with rabid violence - Washington Times

I could go on for hours.

It's not the heat, it's the ideology.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:51 AM

352 posts, read 307,932 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

I would say, it all depends on who is doing the reporting. If you don't like Muslims, you will bash them.

Quote:
According to these statistics, almost half of all perpetrators are immigrants. In Norway and Denmark, we know that non-Western immigrants, which frequently means Muslims, are grossly overrepresented on rape statistics.
http://majorityrights.com/weblog/com...ave_in_sweden/
Quote:
It's not the heat, it's the ideology.
And, according to an article that you've posted, thousands of churches have closed around Europe, hence the decline in civility, honesty, right minded people; And the rise in debauchery, etcetera.

Wassalaam. devotee

Old 08-05-2015, 03:25 PM

From the article:

"Swedish girls Malin and Amanda were on their way to a party on New Year’s Eve when they were assaulted, raped and beaten half to death by four Somali immigrants. Sweden’s largest newspaper has presented the perpetrators as “two men from Sweden, one from Finland and one from Somalia”, a testimony as to how bad the informal censorship is in stories related to immigration in Sweden. Similar incidents are reported with shocking frequency, to the point where some observers fear that law and order is completely breaking down in the country. The number of rape charges in Sweden has tripled in just above twenty years. Rape cases involving children under the age of 15 are six - 6 - times as common today as they were a generation ago. Most other kinds of violent crime have rapidly increased, too. Instability is spreading to most urban and suburban areas.

According to a new study from the Crime Prevention Council, Brå, it is four times more likely that a known rapist is born abroad, compared to persons born in Sweden. Resident aliens from Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia dominate the group of rape suspects. According to these statistics, almost half of all perpetrators are immigrants. In Norway and Denmark, we know that non-Western immigrants, which frequently means Muslims, are grossly overrepresented on rape statistics. In Oslo, Norway, immigrants were involved in two out of three rape charges in 2001. The numbers in Denmark were the same, and even higher in the city of Copenhagen with three out of four rape charges. Sweden has a larger immigrant, including Muslim, population than any other country in northern Europe. The numbers there are likely to be at least as bad as with its Scandinavian neighbors. The actual number is thus probably even higher than what the authorities are reporting now, as it doesn’t include second generation immigrants. Lawyer Ann Christine Hjelm, who has investigated violent crimes in Svea high court, found that 85 per cent of the convicted rapists were born on foreign soil or by foreign parents."

I think we're looking at a mistake here. Grossly overrepresented should be grossly UNDERrepresented.

For example:
HUNDREDS MORE MUSLIM RAPE GANG CASES DISCOVERED IN UK
Yet for Britain’s PC authorities, the perpetrators are “untouchable.”
"The Muslim rape gang scandal in Britain just keeps getting worse. Last August, the BBC reported that “at least 1,400 children were subjected to appalling sexual exploitation in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013, a report has found. Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated, it said.” Five months later, not only has little been done to combat this scourge, but it has grown exponentially worse: hundreds of new cases have been discovered, and one of the victims says that those who abused her are “untouchable.”
Hundreds More Muslim Rape Gang Cases Discovered in UK | Frontpage Mag

Number of Muslims in prison doubles in decade to 12,000 - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 PM

2,104 posts, read 640,252 times
Why is Islam so violent?

Islam is unique in that it is a blend of spirituality, philosophy and politics rolled into one package. I read the Koran about a year ago. What blew me away was how Muhammad was clearly only motivated in acquiring vast political and military power. He basically wanted to be a great emperor or ruler and created a new religion to help cement his political power. He used spirituality simply as a tool to further his political cause in the same way the North Korean dictators have used it. It would be hard to challenge Muhammad's idea's and aspirations if people believe that he is divinely guided. Think a Divine right of kings sort of thing.

What makes Islam particularly frightening is that it claims not only to be the true word of God but to be the final and last word. No other religion I can think of has made this particular claim. Mix all this with a slavish servitude to God, obsession with death, maintaining the status quo, worship of the powerful over the weak and an intolerance toward other beliefs and you have a violent powder keg.

After reading the Koran I'm not surprised that Islam is violent, I'm surprised its not even more violent. It also explains why Muslim communities no matter the region or ethnicity always have a hard time getting along with their non-Muslim neighbors. Be it in China, Indonesia, India, Bosnia, Chechnya, Nigeria, Lebanon, Egypt or anywhere else for that matter.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:23 PM

KenFresno, I agree. After reading the Quran there is really no way to see Islam as peaceful and tolerant and good. I read the hadiths and that further cemented what you are saying (I suggest you read the hadiths) and putting that together with about 2,500 conversations with 'moderate' Muslims and watching what has and is happening around the globe...the only question I have left is why so many Westerners would protect Islam. I am truly baffled by this. No matter what history they are shown, no matter how many terrorist attacks happen, no matter what verses from the Quran are presented to them, no matter what they see happening in Europe .... they attack the messenger and protect Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or