Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times

Advertisements

Religion - all religion - nothing but trouble.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 AM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
what i hear over and over is that no one within the group is held responsible or takes responsibility for the violent acts. Even the so called "peaceful" individuals don't seem to have a problem with the horrific brutality

rather even the so-called "peaceful" brethren justify, explain, dismiss, and therefore approve of, encourage, and embrace that the cult of violence is just fine with them.

if a person has to hide behind links to websites, pages of scripture, the excuses that " people are violent", "other religions commit violence" "nations start wars" then they are very, very disconnected not only from a loving Creator, but from their own heart as well.

The values they stand for and perpetuate are: blame others for the violence, take no responsibility for the violence, have no leaders therefore no one is held accountable. Peace is not even held as an ideal. No other religion so blatantly states that the ticket to heaven is to kill your enemy, and enemy is anyone who is not a Muslim, so we are all fair game for murder, but at the top of the list to kill are Americans and Jews.

The result is a lawless group where anything goes and no one is held responsible.

it is a cult of killing in the name of Muhammad;
it is like a giant step backwards into the torment of the Inquisition, into the mindset of the Holocaust, into the sheer brutality of megalomania.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:09 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What I think is the hardest thing for non-Muslim to understand about Islam, is our self responsibility instead of following earthly religious leaders.

All things we do is a prayer. Our life is our worship and our worship is our life.

our life is the truth about how well we actually believe and practice.

And your thought, speech, action are saying "not a big deal"
let the violence, the brutality, the horrific cult of violence continue unstopped, unchecked, uncriticized

you are giving your approval by your very membership in the organization
you are a member of this group, and you agree with what they do and what they stand for
period

This is the mindset that regarding the Holocaust shrugs and says "not a big deal"

Old 05-04-2015, 12:16 PM

671 posts, read 890,627 times
I know what I see and that is violence driven by religious beliefs from the Islamic circle..
It doesn't matter if you give to charity and pray twenty times a day. If one abuses woman and kills people your scum....Pretty simple to figure that one out......Simple facts,simple deduction,simple truth.
Nighty night all...

Old 05-04-2015, 01:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
let the violence, the brutality, the horrific cult of violence continue unstopped, unchecked, uncriticized

you are a member of this group, and you agree with what they do and what they stand for
period

This is the mindset that regarding the Holocaust shrugs and says "not a big deal"
As a Muslim I did not join any organization.
I practice Islam in my own home and very rarely even see any other Muslims, I live at least 100 Miles from My closest Muslim neighbor. I do not tithe to any Islamic association all of my charity goes to Native American Welfare groups.
Being Muslim is not the belonging to a group, it is one's peronal worship to our creator.
It is an action not a congregation, organization, club or what ever.

I would still be Muslim if no other person on earth was. I have no concern about the religion of my neighbors. Religion is a personal responsibility, we alone have the burden of verifying the validity of our worship and our actions in life.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 05-04-2015 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:

period

BTW I probably lost more dear relatives in the Holocaust then you did
My Mother's family on her mother's side were Ashkenazim from Warsaw. Many of my Mother's close relatives were at Auschwitz and the end of the war some of her surviving Aunts and Uncles came to live with us. I too feel the pain of lost family at the hands of the Nazis.
I as a child heard the first hand stories of people that where there. I was only 6 years old when the war ended, but some stories one never forgets no matter how long ago they happened.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:44 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:

period

Him and I are no more members of ISIS than you are of the KKK (assuming you're Christian). These groups are *politically* motivated groups that cherry-pick from our religion to rationalize their actions. The KKK actually used scripture to exhibit that manifest destiny was God ordained and that non-members of the White race were sub-human. However what was their motive again? Yes, political action to segregate, impoverish and ultimately remove non-Protestant whites from society.

ISIS is no different. It's telling that the majority of their leadership are ex-saddam Baathists whom were *very* secular and almost anti-religion while that was the flavor of the day.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:53 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Him and I are no more members of ISIS than you are of the KKK (assuming you're Christian). These groups are *politically* motivated groups that cherry-pick from our religion to rationalize their actions. The KKK actually used scripture to exhibit that manifest destiny was God ordained and that non-members of the White race were sub-human. However what was their motive again? Yes, political action to segregate, impoverish and ultimately remove non-Protestant whites from society.

ISIS is no different. It's telling that the majority of their leadership are ex-saddam Baathists whom were *very* secular and almost anti-religion while that was the flavor of the day.
You're very right. Some Christians fail to see this. I remember when I first reverted, my grandma just said: "Well, there's bad in every faith." She was Italian (I'm Italian and Irish) so she continued, "just like we have the mob. Ireland has the IRA, and well, you study history. I know there is bad in every religion and those groups cherry pick." I think people forget this and it's sad.

However, Nan did warn that I shouldn't tell too many people - she was more worried about non-Muslims killing me. I think the media just scares people into ignorance. It's sad.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
You're very right. Some Christians fail to see this. I remember when I first reverted, my grandma just said: "Well, there's bad in every faith." She was Italian (I'm Italian and Irish) so she continued, "just like we have the mob. Ireland has the IRA, and well, you study history. I know there is bad in every religion and those groups cherry pick." I think people forget this and it's sad.

However, Nan did warn that I shouldn't tell too many people - she was more worried about non-Muslims killing me. I think the media just scares people into ignorance. It's sad.
I think that is something many of us reverts face.
When I accepted Islam Iwas living in a Texas county that had a zero Muslim population. Right smack in the middle of the Bible belt.

More than one friend told me I had best not make it Known I was Muslim the Town would Lynch me. They had no problem accepting me while I was an Atheist activist, but to be Muslim was tantamount of asking to be lynched.

Later when I moved to Austin and lived in a nearly 50% Muslim community My Muslim friends urged me not to dress Sunnah as they feared I would be killed.

While I lived in Texas I did find Austin to be the most tolerant of Muslims, However some Muslims in Austin are not Mid-Eastern I came across quite a few Hispanic Muslims along with a fair sampling of Chinese and Filipino Muslims.
Perhaps that has helped Austinites realize Muslims come in a very wide range of flavors. But I did discover that more often people thought I was Jewish and not Muslim.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:01 AM

622 posts, read 527,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkergraduate View Post
Why is Islam so violent?

Propaganda.

The truth is that disturbed men with access to weapons are violent. Most Muslims are not out killing people and when violence does occur it is always men who are the aggressors. The reason people believe Islam is more violent than other groups is because the media portrays it that way.

It seems that the number one cause of this violence is sex. Killing and f***ing are two sides of the same coin. It is hardwired for men to kill for sex. For millions of years men had to go out and kill animals to prove to a female that he was a good provider. So being a successful killer back in caveman time was crucial for a male to pass on his genes. Zap back to present times and 99.999% of the time the men who kill innocent victims don't have a mate.

The Koran rewards men who kill the infidel with 72 virgins in heaven. Serial killers always commit sexual acts during or after killing their targets. Timothy McVeigh, for example, had no girlfriend.

There is a tremendous amount of violence all over the world today. It's just that Islam violence is in vogue.
You must be living in a cocoon if you believe that claptrap.

It's easy to dismiss terrorist acts as propaganda, but the only the gullible will believe it.

Also, it's not just men who engage in terrorist acts as you seem to suggest and there have been many cases where women have perpetrated violent acts resulting in the death of innocent victims as happened in Abu Dhabi recently where an American teacher was stabbed to death by a Muslim woman dressed in a burqa: Abu Dhabi stabbing: female suspect arrested in murder of American teacher | World news | The Guardian

Similarly, there have been plots which have been foiled by law enforcement but would have been perpetrated by women had they succeeded: Two New York City women accused of planning 'terrorist attack' | Reuters

Sajida Rishawi: Iraqi woman calmly confesses how she tried to blow up hotel - LA Times

As for the 72 virgins, do you really believe any sane person would even consider such BS? Sex is all about propagating the species so that it won't become extinct. We're encouraged to have sex because it's pleasurable. That's the way that nature works. But after you die, there's no point anymore since you can't die again.

In fact, death is final. You have but one life and this is it so make the most of it because there isn't another one waiting for you after you kick the bucket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam