U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:23 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,331,160 times

Advertisements

French imams rail against 'crazies who have seized our religion'

"We denounce the odious crimes committed by the terrorists, whose criminal action endangers our willingness to live together," said the rector of the Grand Mosque of Paris, Dalil Boubakeur.

He also appealed to "all the Muslims of France" to take part in demonstrations planned for Sunday to pay homage to the 12 victims of the attack on Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday, the bloodiest in France in more than half a century.

In local mosques across the country, imams condemned the jihadists who claimed they were avenging the Prophet Mohammed by shooting dead some of France's best-known cartoonists at the satirical weekly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 PM

56,005 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Arabs couldn't have originated out of Saudi Arabia. The country has only existed since 1932, and Arabs have been around a lot longer than that.

Anyway, your post did nothing to address the content of Pruzhany's post that you quoted.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,089,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Arabs couldn't have originated out of Saudi Arabia. The country has only existed since 1932, and Arabs have been around a lot longer than that.
You have to look at the region and not the borders. Keep in mind that as Arabs moved West, they mixed with other cultures. So genetically some are more Arab than others and some are not Arabs at all. But the only way currently to prove where people actually come from is for everyone to take the 111 marker DNA test. I took it and it showed I was 98% Levant and 2% other. In my case that 2% is genetically dominant over the 98% recessive. Thus I look European rather than Middle Eastern. My siblings had it work differently for them as they have more characteristics of the 98% than I do.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:06 PM

56,005 posts, read 54,523,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You have to look at the region and not the borders. Keep in mind that as Arabs moved West, they mixed with other cultures. So genetically some are more Arab than others and some are not Arabs at all. But the only way currently to prove where people actually come from is for everyone to take the 111 marker DNA test. I took it and it showed I was 98% Levant and 2% other. In my case that 2% is genetically dominant over the 98% recessive. Thus I look European rather than Middle Eastern. My siblings had it work differently for them as they have more characteristics of the 98% than I do.
Interesting stuff.

Yes, I understand he was talking about the region, but he specifically said "Saudi Arabia". I was being picky.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:44 AM

678 posts, read 650,285 times
Oh, a Marine? Is it rude to ask about rank? Lol! :x

Anyways, I'll try my best. I'm no where as knowledgeable as Woodrow, but, I do feel bad that he takes the full blunt of attacks on this sub-forum. I really hope Allah (SWT) blesses him with the efforts he puts here for the community. His patience is legendary.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting stuff.

Yes, I understand he was talking about the region, but he specifically said "Saudi Arabia". I was being picky.
Look up the history of Saudi Arabia, its total land mass is from a series of wars from the early 1900's in which the family of Saud named it after themselves around 1932. If you look deep enough you'll find the people of the eastern and western part of the country didn't speak the same dialects or versions of what is now known as Arabic. Keep in mind they were all individual languages at one time and with infusion of Arabic their languages were Arabicized. Thus historically not all Arabs are Arabs.
Look deeper and you'll find either that Arabic speaking countries are either former colonies of the UK and France or high influenced by them. Look at who has the most monetary contracts and it leads back to same two countries. Americans are mere scapegoats and they don't even know it. Jews know it, but in reality can't do much about it as they are also being used. Ever wonder why or how certain European countries were economically strong yet have no resources of their own to be such. Now you know.

As a side note: Look up Europe, most of the languages are known as Romance language. Its because most were conquests of Rome (Italy) thus their languages are Roman with their original languages thrown in.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 AM

4,761 posts, read 5,432,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Look up the history of Saudi Arabia, its total land mass is from a series of wars from the early 1900's in which the family of Saud named it after themselves around 1932. If you look deep enough you'll find the people of the eastern and western part of the country didn't speak the same dialects or versions of what is now known as Arabic. Keep in mind they were all individual languages at one time and with infusion of Arabic their languages were Arabicized. Thus historically not all Arabs are Arabs.
Look deeper and you'll find either that Arabic speaking countries are either former colonies of the UK and France or high influenced by them. Look at who has the most monetary contracts and it leads back to same two countries. Americans are mere scapegoats and they don't even know it. Jews know it, but in reality can't do much about it as they are also being used. Ever wonder why or how certain European countries were economically strong yet have no resources of their own to be such. Now you know.

As a side note: Look up Europe, most of the languages are known as Romance language. Its because most were conquests of Rome (Italy) thus their languages are Roman with their original languages thrown in.
Since we're being picky, most European languages are something other than Romantic. Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese are; the rest including English and German are not. Most Europeans do not speak a Romantic language as their native tongue.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 AM

4,761 posts, read 5,432,542 times
There is no doubt that there is a violent strain that affects much, if not most, of Islam. Still not all Muslims are crazy. This week, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, said this:

Quote:
Is it possible that 1.6 billion people [Muslims] should want to kill the rest of the world’s inhabitants -- that is 7 billion -- so that they themselves may live? Impossible!

I am saying these words here at Al Azhar, before this assembly of scholars and ulema -- Allah Almighty be witness to your truth on Judgment Day concerning that which I’m talking about now.

All this that I am telling you, you cannot feel it if you remain trapped within this mindset. You need to step outside of yourselves to be able to observe it and reflect on it from a more enlightened perspective.

I say and repeat again that we are in need of a religious revolution. You, imams, are responsible before Allah. The entire world, I say it again, the entire world is waiting for your next move… because this umma is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost -- and it is being lost by our own hands.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Since we're being picky, most European languages are something other than Romantic. Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese are; the rest including English and German are not. Most Europeans do not speak a Romantic language as their native tongue.

Picky??? It was a side note. which means it's NOT part of the thread nor meant for discussion. NOW back to the thread.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
There is no doubt that there is a violent strain that affects much, if not most, of Islam. Still not all Muslims are crazy....

There is no doubt that there is a violent strain that affects much, if not most, of Christianity. Still not all Christians are crazy....

Just look at the nearly two dozen school shootings in the US, all done by Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or