U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:07 PM

21,363 posts, read 24,099,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Oh, secret hand signals, is it now? That's a lie. And here's your link to a report on the rally in Algiers. It took ten seconds to find it.
Secret hand signals? WT...? Christians make the sign of the cross across their faces or chests. As to Algiers, a few dozen men are not representative of all Muslims or of Algiers itself.

Some sites have posted this link (removed the commentary) in relation to the France attack, when in reality it was from 6 months ago in relation to a soccer match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JcgwDb7w8g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Are you threatening to kill me too?
Kill? No. Ban? Yes. Freedom of speech can only go so far, but when it crosses the gray area and it becomes Hate Speech, its time to say Bye-Bye. CD will only stand for this for a short while as they don't want to have themselves seen as Stormfront.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Here is more evidence of celebrations by Muslims in the wake of the Charlie killings.
Jihadists React to Charlie Hebdo Attack in Unanimous Celebration - INSITE ON TERRORISM
Tweets? Grow up!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:17 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,331,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Allah Akbar means God is Great. It does not mean Mohammad is Great. Jesus is not synonymous with God (be careful and remember what forum we're in).

Christian Terrorism:
10 worst examples of Christian or far-right terrorism - Salon.com

CD does not represent the world. Over the past three years we've gotten rid of most of the Jew haters and hopefully soon we'll get rid of the Muslim haters too.
I don't see Muslim hate, I just see people stating facts. I used to be very careful in the past as well, I dared not offend any Muslims and when a terrorist act took place I would say it was done by terrorists, and would omit the Muslim part. I would even go out of my way to say that Islam had nothing to do with them. I can't do that anymore, sorry. I have no problem criticizing Christianity when I feel it is wrong (I believe in God and Jesus), so why should I not do the same with other religions? It's like for some reason Islam is off limits? No one can say anything about this religion otherwise you're a Muslim hater and are accused of hate speech? Do you know what hate speech even is?

I live in an area with lots of Muslims and I get along with them just fine. I don't hate Muslims, I have often even stood up for them when I heard others say hateful things about the people, but I won't pretend anymore that Islam has nothing at all to do with these terrorists. Sure, they don't represent all Muslims, but they do share many of the same religious ideas.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I don't see Muslim hate, I just see people stating facts. I used to be very careful in the past as well, I dared not offend any Muslims and when a terrorist act took place I would say it was done by terrorists, and would omit the Muslim part. I would even go out of my way to say that Islam had nothing to do with them. I can't do that anymore, sorry. I have no problem criticizing Christianity when I feel it is wrong (I believe in God and Jesus), so why should I not do the same with other religions? It's like for some reason Islam is off limits? No one can say anything about this religion otherwise you're a Muslim hater?

I live in an area with lots of Muslims and I get along with them just fine. I don't hate Muslims, I have often even stood up for them when I heard others say hateful things, but I won't pretend anymore that Islam has nothing at all to do with these terrorists. Sure, they don't represent all Muslims, but they do share many of the same religious ideas.

Commentary is fine and discussion of a subject is fine. But (in general) blaming an entire religion for what a few do is wrong. Now if France had something equivalent to the 9/11 event in the US then I'd say we have a major problem as that required major funding. The few incidents in France, required little to no financing or even thinking. Personally I'm hoping that the French gov't take this as a strong learning experience and have a better understanding of what happens in Israel on a near daily basis is now coming to their doorsteps.

If France had taken better steps in the past, there is a strong possibility that these situations would not have happened.

France - France set to deport hard-line imams - France 24

Old 01-11-2015, 07:45 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,331,990 times
Quote:
Commentary is fine and discussion of a subject is fine. But (in general) blaming an entire religion for what a few do is wrong. Now if France had something equivalent to the 9/11 event in the US then I'd say we have a major problem as that required major funding. The few incidents in France, required little to no financing or even thinking. Personally I'm hoping that the French gov't take this as a strong learning experience and have a better understanding of what happens in Israel on a near daily basis is now coming to their doorsteps.

If France had taken better steps in the past, there is a strong possibility that these situations would not have happened.

I agree that you can not blame an entire religion. I even posted a link here once defending Islam, and the link was a study done that showed how Muslim terrorists are usually not even very religious.

I do think though that there is a problem, and being afraid to discuss it is not the solution. I do see that more and more Muslims are actually speaking out about this, and I think this is a good thing.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:49 PM

4,762 posts, read 5,435,019 times
Quote:
Kill? No. Ban? Yes. Freedom of speech can only go so far, but when it crosses the gray area and it becomes Hate Speech, its time to say Bye-Bye. CD will only stand for this for a short while as they don't want to have themselves seen as Stormfront.
Hahahahahahahahaha! As a matter of fact, the freedom of speech does not just go so far.

If you think I've violated the TOS you go right ahead and report me. But I assure you I have not, and I will continue to counter your lies with the thing you hate and fear the most- the TRUTH!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahaha! As a matter of fact, the freedom of speech does not just go so far.

If you think I've violated the TOS you go right ahead and report me. But I assure you I have not, and I will continue to counter your lies with the thing you hate and fear the most- the TRUTH!
Maybe you should go and read it again as you seem to need a refresher.

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:

I hope the French take this as a "strong learning experience" as well. I hope they round up the Muslim radicals and either deport them or lock them up. I hope they learn to close their borders to Muslim immigrants. I hope they learn to declare war on radical Islam just as it has declared war on Western civilization.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should go and read it again as you seem to need a refresher.
I have not personally attacked you. I have attacked your ideas. I have said nothing bad about you not have I implied any such things. But you have posted things here that are not true and I have pointed that out. If you disagree by all means report me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or