U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:13 PM

4,762 posts, read 5,438,479 times

Advertisements

We wouldn't want to ignore how the Muslims Boko Haram are now strapping explosives to ten year old children and turning them into human bombs. Religion of peace indeed.

NE Nigeria hit by wave of suicide bombings as violence spikes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:20 PM

And here's the rally in Afghanistan celebrating the Charlie killings....

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/afghanista...083446525.html

There are many more from around the world but I think I've made my point.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:24 PM

21,367 posts, read 24,115,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
I have not personally attacked you. I have attacked your ideas. I have said nothing bad about you not have I implied any such things. But you have posted things here that are not true and I have pointed that out. If you disagree by all means report me.
(If not in this thread)

I work and live among Middle Eastern Arab Muslims for about half the year in the Middle East. I fully comprehend around six dialects of Arabic, so I can understand conversations pretty well. I've been doing it for over 10 years now. So I pretty much know how Arabs are day and night. And guess what? I'm a Jew.

Can you say the same in anything of this? or is your knowledge only from the internet or some other type of media?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
And here's the rally in Afghanistan celebrating the Charlie killings....

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/afghanista...083446525.html

There are many more from around the world but I think I've made my point.
Afghanistan? They've barely moved forward since the invention of the automobile.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:47 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,503,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Afghanistan? They've barely moved forward since the invention of the automobile.
Speaking of automobiles, what in terms of technology, science, the arts, debate or philosophy has Islam done lately?

Old 01-11-2015, 09:49 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,637,859 times
Publicly there condemn the actions but like 911 the parties of private celebration can be heard for miles

Old 01-11-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Speaking of automobiles, what in terms of technology, science, the arts, debate or philosophy has Islam done lately?
Islam is a religion. Muslims are the followers. So I'll give you a few:

Technology
Jawed Karim, Co-founder of YouTube.
The Arts
Shahzia Sikander, Medal of Art, US State Department
Science
Ahmed Hassan Zewail, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry
Debate
Fareed Rafiq Zakaria, Author, commentator
Philosophy
Reza Aslan

World's '500 Most Influential Muslims' 2012 Dominated By U.S.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Islam is a religion. Muslims are the followers. So I'll give you a few:

Technology
Jawed Karim, Co-founder of YouTube.
The Arts
Shahzia Sikander, Medal of Art, US State Department
Science
Ahmed Hassan Zewail, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry
Debate
Fareed Rafiq Zakaria, Author, commentator
Philosophy
Reza Aslan

World's '500 Most Influential Muslims' 2012 Dominated By U.S.
The most influential Muslims in 2012 were members of Al-Queda, the Taliban, and Hezzbollah.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:03 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,332,776 times
Quote:
There is no doubt that there is a violent strain that affects much, if not most, of Islam. Still not all Muslims are crazy. This week, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, said this:
It is great that these leaders are speaking out, and I think more of them should since I was informed that Islam does not really have religious leaders like Catholics have a Pope, but Abdel Fattah is kinda crazy (one ruthless mofo), haha.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
It is great that these leaders are speaking out, and I think more of them should since I was informed that Islam does not really have religious leaders like Catholics have a Pope, but Abdel Fattah is kinda crazy (one ruthless mofo), haha.
Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Shinto, none of these have a single religious leader either but you do not have the same murderous streak you see Islam.

Just as the Pope does not speak for all Christians, the Ayatollah in Iran does not speak for all Muslims but he is very influential over the Shiites. There are other leaders that have great influence over other sects.

Don't let the Muslims confuse you; their imams are very influential and many of them preach murder. That's why the president of Egypt spoke to them in his speech. Because what they say has as much weight with their followers as any other religious leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or