U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 03:33 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,908,692 times

Advertisements

in Islam?

I've always wondered about this and I am not sure if it is telling, but it appears to be. It is fair game on Jesus, Abraham, Moses, et al, when it comes to poking fun at Christianity, but Islam makes claims it shares these same prophets, yet I rarely, if ever, see the same outrage over disparaging comments or pictures made of them. Once it is about Muhammad or Allah, the outrage can be deadly. Why is it different?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:43 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,562,131 times
I was wondering the same thing after the recent incident.

I guess maybe because they feel jokes on other prophets have been going on for so long, its out of their control & maybe because so many religion has claim to those prophet, everyone is waiting for eachother to make moves but in end no one makes move.

I don't know but in theory most scholar agree Muslim shouldn't make fun of any prophet but in reality its not the same.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:38 PM

6,140 posts, read 2,844,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I was wondering the same thing after the recent incident.

I guess maybe because they feel jokes on other prophets have been going on for so long, its out of their control & maybe because so many religion has claim to those prophet, everyone is waiting for eachother to make moves but in end no one makes move.

I don't know but in theory most scholar agree Muslim shouldn't make fun of any prophet but in reality its not the same.
I agree with you as a Muslim but also whenever there is an incident of someone making fun of prophet Mohammad pbuh the media is all over it and they blow up the story. Also in my opinion many of the violent Muslims who react by attacking are people who where hired by in my opinion Zionists and people who help rule this world and just hate Islam in general.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:53 PM

21,365 posts, read 24,109,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I agree with you as a Muslim but also whenever there is an incident of someone making fun of prophet Mohammad pbuh the media is all over it and they blow up the story. Also in my opinion many of the violent Muslims who react by attacking are people who where hired by in my opinion Zionists and people who help rule this world and just hate Islam in general.
But here you are playing the blame game also. Instead of jumping to blame the Zionist wagon, Why not blame Imams who pass a perverted messages about Islam instead of what is known as truth. There are numerous articles online about Imams who have been deported due to inciting violence.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:14 PM

6,140 posts, read 2,844,878 times
yes you are very right also on the imams. what Muslims know and believe in Islam is very heavily influenced by what they hear in Friday prayer khatbah or a lesson that their imam gives in the masjid. a lot of the imams and religious leaders especially in the west in Muslim communities the appointed imam or religious leader for the local masjid really even himself has not enough knowledge on Islam to be preaching. in my opinion the only one who should be appointed imam is someone who has thoroughly studied the Quran and the hadith books not just skimmed through them and also has displayed that the teachings of Islam are implemented in their lives.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 AM

8,036 posts, read 4,202,065 times
Quote:
I agree with you as a Muslim but also whenever there is an incident of someone making fun of prophet Mohammad pbuh the media is all over it and they blow up the story. Also in my opinion many of the violent Muslims who react by attacking are people who were hired by in my opinion Zionists and people who help rule this world and just hate Islam in general.
Why the conspiracy theories? And why the obsession with Zionists? Islam was once the very pinnacle of civilization and civility. Especially in nations where there is a sizable Muslim majority, Muslims seem to be absolutely sprinting in the opposite direction of that legacy. The state of Israel is the favored excuse for Muslims all over the world to act like a pack of rabid dogs. Saddam Hussein massacred hundreds of thousands of his fellow Muslims and the Islamic world didn't even bat an eye. Sudanese Muslim paramilitary groups have murdered well over a million people over the last half century and Muslims tend to act like they could care less. But if Israel kills 10 Palestinians in a "retaliatory strike" then Muslims all over the world are outraged. Why do Jews have to live by a higher moral standard than Muslims?? Why do Christians have to live by a higher moral standard too?? Why has the world almost universally accepted the idea that Muslims simply cannot be expected to act like civilized human beings??

It may be in the best interests of Israel and Islamaphobes the world over to maintain the perception that Muslims have been turned into homicidal maniacs by their religious beliefs. That much is certainly true. But they cannot force a Muslims to strap bombs to their chests and then walk into daycares and hospitals. Muslims do that all on their own. They can't force Muslims to smuggle rockets into their homes and then fire them into Israel. If I were firing rockets from my rooftop, I'm a psycho-crazy terrorist ... but if I were Muslim and firing rockets at all-Jewish neighborhoods then Muslims would call me a "freedom fighter" and praise me for my heroism. It's such a double standard!

The media will always cover incidents where Islam is mocked and disrespected. They know that there will likely be a huge and violent reaction by the Muslims of the world. Media coverage of somebody mocking Judaism, Christianity or any other religion is pointless since they know they will never see the same reaction from those religions. Muslims the world over can make the choice to not react. Bullies and hate groups thrive on getting a reaction. Why would you keep giving them exactly what they want?

Old 01-30-2015, 11:14 PM

7 posts, read 4,509 times
Quote:
What a lame excuse to defend peaceful Islam, blame the Zionist for hiring regular muslims to kill people for drawing cartoons or cracking a joke on the beloved Muhammad.. [New Flash] Regular muslims kill people who disrespect Muhammad (sallallahu allayhi wasalam) and if you don't know now you know!!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:22 PM

27,556 posts, read 17,647,836 times
Quote:
It is precisely this kind of bitterness, irrationality and attempt to blame others for the vicious acts done in the name of Islam that causes normal, and in particular secular people, to question all the claims and stories of Islam being a peaceful superstition.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 PM

4,417 posts, read 1,644,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
in Islam?

I've always wondered about this and I am not sure if it is telling, but it appears to be. It is fair game on Jesus, Abraham, Moses, et al, when it comes to poking fun at Christianity, but Islam makes claims it shares these same prophets, yet I rarely, if ever, see the same outrage over disparaging comments or pictures made of them. Once it is about Muhammad or Allah, the outrage can be deadly. Why is it different?
What you may want to admire instead is that there are 100 AND MILLIONS of news articles, books, blogs tv program, reports etc by the Christians AND the Jews, attacking Muhammad (saw), the prophet of Islam; however, there isn't any attempt by a Muslim trying to humiliate the prophet of Jews and/or "god" of Christians.

It will require a little wisdom to acknowledge this tolerance and respect by Muslims towards the holy figures of Jews of Christians, in contrast to how some Jews and some Christians treat the prophet of Muslims.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 AM

21,365 posts, read 24,109,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What you may want to admire instead is that there are 100 AND MILLIONS of news articles, books, blogs tv program, reports etc by the Christians AND the Jews, attacking Muhammad (saw), the prophet of Islam; however, there isn't any attempt by a Muslim trying to humiliate the prophet of Jews and/or "god" of Christians.

It will require a little wisdom to acknowledge this tolerance and respect by Muslims towards the holy figures of Jews of Christians, in contrast to how some Jews and some Christians treat the prophet of Muslims.
Attack??? Islam added them as revered prophets and adjusted them to fit Islam. Jews don't have a middleman so it's your choice: Musa (Moses), Abraham (Ibrahim), Noah (Nuh), Adam (Adem) & Christians is Jesus (Isa)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or