U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:19 AM

430 posts, read 351,310 times

Advertisements

^ post#9

& why did you ignore that part about insulting the bible? even when muslims insult your religion you still have to play by their rules?

"oh its okay for muslims to insult being a jew as long as they dont insult moses who they believe was a muslim prophet"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:24 AM

21,353 posts, read 24,094,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
^ post#9

& why did you ignore that part about insulting the bible? even when Muslims insult your religion you still have to play by their rules?
So do most of the Christians. So what??

Old 01-14-2015, 08:33 AM

430 posts, read 351,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So do most of the Christians. So what??
the point is muslim countries persecute minorities for criticizing their religion. but they are free to insult the belief of others.

THAT MUST CHANGE for the world to progress. there has to be freedom of expression in this interconnected world. freedom to offend everywhere.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:28 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,906,848 times
And again, I ask, if Jesus (Isa) is also a revered prophet in Islam, why is there hardly ever any outrage from the Muslim community when Jesus is mocked, ridiculed, drawn, lampooned and everything else under the sun? Why does the outrage surround only Muhammad?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And again, I ask, if Jesus (Isa) is also a revered prophet in Islam, why is there hardly ever any outrage from the Muslim community when Jesus is mocked, ridiculed, drawn, lampooned and everything else under the sun? Why does the outrage surround only Muhammad?
Where is there a front page photo of Jesus being mocked, ridiculed, drawn, lampooned and everything else under the sun?

Old 01-14-2015, 06:18 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,331,718 times
Quote:
Where is there a front page photo of Jesus being mocked, ridiculed, drawn, lampooned and everything else under the sun?
You're not serious, are you? You have never seen anything like that? I have, and often the stuff is hilarious.
Christians/Catholics are the butt of many jokes.

Here is a funny article about what Jesus really did during those missing years:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/arc...e-jesus,34689/

Is this a good enough example, or are you looking for only cartoons? I can find MANY cartoon drawings of Jesus. Are you looking for specific publications?

Last edited by ashleynj; 01-14-2015 at 06:40 PM..

Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,331,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
Moderator cut: quoted post deleted
Some of that is people doing their own thing. I posted a link to the Onion because that is a popular website, and similar to what the French cartoon magazine was like.

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-14-2015 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: quoted post deleted

Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,906,848 times
Quote:

Pruzhany, my friend, you must kid. While off the top of my head I cannot think of a 'front page photo,' Jesus takes a beating on the internet and on television. He is a frequent guest on Family Guy a VERY popular television series. Then there are YouTube videos like this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4agr4v8HHyM

But still, you did not answer the question though. Why is there never outrage or violence from fanatics under the umbrella of Islam when it comes to poking fun at Jesus? Why ONLY when it involves Muhammad?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
You're not serious, are you? You have never seen anything like that? I have, and often the stuff is hilarious.
Christians/Catholics are the butt of many jokes.

Here is a funny article about what Jesus really did during those missing years:

Is this a good enough example, or are you looking for only cartoons? I can find MANY cartoon drawings of Jesus. Are you looking for specific publications?
Yes, I'm serious. Show me a link to a photo or cartoon that makes fun of Jesus or Moses just the way it's done of Muhammad on the front of a magazine. I'm not a Muslim and "I" don't find this stuff hilarious.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:07 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,214,738 times
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...84_468x356.jpg

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002..._2_xlarge.jpeg

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Jes...6d_4643319.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam