U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:08 PM

21,374 posts, read 24,132,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Pruzhany, my friend, you must kid. While off the top of my head I cannot think of a 'front page photo,' Jesus takes a beating on the internet and on television. He is a frequent guest on Family Guy a VERY popular television series. Then there are YouTube videos like this classic:
But still, you did not answer the question though. Why is there never outrage or violence from fanatics under the umbrella of Islam when it comes to poking fun at Jesus? Why ONLY when it involves Muhammad?
And at the end of the video, the person mocking Jesus gets hit by a bus. Your own video shows that there are ramifications for mocking.

From my point of view, Jesus and Moses are minor prophets in the Quran. They were put into the Quran as a bridge for followers of other religions to revert to Islam. Thus they are not major focal points within Islam.

How about this: How many incidents have Muslim fanatics actually people? Why attack all Muslims for what very few people actually do? Why mock all Muslims for showing outrage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 PM

21,374 posts, read 24,132,268 times
These are the actual front pages from the France Newspaper;

Charlie Hebdo Attack: The Prophet Muhammad Cartoons That May Have Caused Paris Magazine Massacre [PHOTOS]

You want to tell if Jesus replaced Mohammad in all these front pages that no Christians would flip out. Really?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:34 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Charlie Hebdo Attack: The Prophet Muhammad Cartoons That May Have Caused Paris Magazine Massacre [PHOTOS]

You want to tell if Jesus replaced Mohammad in all these front pages that no Christians would flip out. Really?
Well, I can't read French, but I suppose a few of these Charlie Hebdo cartoons are a wee bit blasphemous:

http://cloudfront-assets.reason.com/...015_01/-11.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...af1ukkanvm.jpg

http://rue89.nouvelobs.com/sites/new...catholique.jpg

Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 AM

9,931 posts, read 8,192,917 times
Quote:

They made fun of Christianity, Catholics, the pope, Jews, Hindus, and anyone else you can think of but only Muslims decided to execute them.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:27 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,911,546 times
Quote:
And at the end of the video, the person mocking Jesus gets hit by a bus. Your own video shows that there are ramifications for mocking.
That was not the point of the video, Pruz. The point of the video was for jokes and in case you did not know, there is a sequel to it. The creators intended to show complete lack of reverence for a mere human who some revere as a god.

Quote:
From my point of view, Jesus and Moses are minor prophets in the Quran. They were put into the Quran as a bridge for followers of other religions to revert to Islam. Thus they are not major focal points within Islam.
Minor or major, they were important if they served as bridges. Point is, Muslims pay little or no attention to people ridiculing these other so-called revered prophets.

Quote:
How about this: How many incidents have Muslim fanatics actually people? Why attack all Muslims for what very few people actually do? Why mock all Muslims for showing outrage?
Well, speaking for myself, I am certainly NOT attacking 'all Muslims.' I also realize that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not engaging in acts of terror. I have absolutely zero respect for their religion (or anyone else's), IN THE SENSE of taking it as something worthy of my adherence because there is NO way anyone can convince me that some man, 1,400 years ago, in a far away land, sitting in a cave hearing voices is someone to take any more serious than someone on a street corner claiming some invisible god spoke to them. But, I have respect for the humanity of EVERY Muslim just like I do for all other people who respect me. Yeah, I am one of those people who can laugh at your religion OR criticize it, but love you a great deal as a person. I won't laugh in your face, however, and I am more inclined to NOT bother you about it or initiate any conversation about it. I often don't have to because it is the believer who often strikes up the conversation by telling me why I NEED their religion.I will admit Muslims are not that way, however.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Oh, they might, but I doubt, in this day and age, they would kill anybody over it. I've always said that Islam today is where Christianity was 1,000 years ago. Islam is still in that spoiled teenager years.

To be honest, the last time I recall Christians acting up about Jesus being mocked was the Willem Dafoe, "The Last Temptation of Christ." Funny, I was a Christian back then and I barely flinched a nerve to get worked up over it, but Catholics got their panties in a bunch, but no humans were harmed. I also believe there was some anger over the DaVinci Code also, but again, no killings.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:

In another thread, I was reminded of this:

Quote:
Where was this sentiment when artist was putting a Christian crucifix in a jar of urine and making a religious statue out of dung? Christians protested but no one was killed. I dare this "artist" to put a Quran in a jar of urine and make a statue of Muhammad out of dung.
I tell you, the character of Jesus and Christian logic (that might be an oxymoron) has seen far worse than Muhammad and Islam.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
Quote:
Oh, they might, but I doubt, in this day and age, they would kill anybody over it. I've always said that Islam today is where Christianity was 1,000 years ago. Islam is still in that spoiled teenager years.

To be honest, the last time I recall Christians acting up about Jesus being mocked was the Willem Dafoe, "The Last Temptation of Christ." Funny, I was a Christian back then and I barely flinched a nerve to get worked up over it, but Catholics got their panties in a bunch, but no humans were harmed. I also believe there was some anger over the DaVinci Code also, but again, no killings.
Hard to tell. I find that Christians tend to not label crimes by Christians as being motivated by religion but label any crime by a Muslim as being the result of Islam.

I wish all people could come to understand each person alone is responsible for their own actions. We all need to stop giving excuses and treat criminals as criminals not as followers of any religion.
Unless we believe people are so lacking in free will they can not follow their own thoughts.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 01-15-2015, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hard to tell. I find that Christians tend to not label crimes by Christians as being motivated by religion but label any crime by a Muslim as being the result of Islam.
I'm not following you here, Woodrow. Isn't it redundant what you are saying here?

Quote:
I wish all people could come to understand each person alone is responsible for their own actions. We all need to stop giving excuses and treat criminals as criminals not as followers of any religion.
Unless we believe people are so lacking in free will they can not follow their own thoughts.
You are absolutely correct, but I always find it interesting how religion tends to appeal to many crazy and psychotic people. Why is there that appeal? Is it a first ditch or last ditch effort to overcome the, shall we say, "demons," some are trying to exorcise? Is it because religion makes these claims that you can be made right/better if you dabble and dance with it and when it does not materialize, there is no place to unleash the frustration other than on others? Granted, there is often a lot more going on, but it seems appealing to latch on to the idea that some god is condoning or commanding the madness.

You see, when there are other motives, these crazy people NEVER claim those or yell those out. Fanatics who claim to be Muslim call out the name of their prophet and the god of Islam in their mayhem leaving an impression for those who watch them go nuts.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 01-15-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 01-15-2015, 07:47 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
Quote:
I'm not following you here, Woodrow. Isn't it redundant what you are saying here?

You are absolutely correct, but I always find it interesting how religion tends to appeal to many crazy and psychotic people. Why is there that appeal? Is it a first ditch or last ditch effort to overcome the, shall we say, "demons," some are trying to exorcise? Is it because religion makes these claims that you can be made right/better if you dabble and dance with it and when it does not materialize, there is no place to unleash the frustration other than on others? Granted, there is often a lot more going on, but it seems appealing to latch on to the idea that some god is condoning or commanding the madness.

You see, when there are other motives, these crazy people NEVER claim those or yell those out. Fanatics who claim to be Muslim call out the name of their prophet and the god of Islam in their mayhem leaving an impression for those who watch then go nuts.

What I find happening is because the media has portrayed such a violent view of Islam, violent people are attracted to us.

When they discover there are no "Joining Requirements" no initiation ritual and to be Muslim one need only say they are Muslim. No club to join.

Many violent people are calling them self Muslims. I find that a very large percentage of the recent terrorists are new converts with virtual no knowledge of Islam or very lax Muslims that never practice but want to identify as Muslim in the belief that gives them the go ahead to commit violence.

It is staggering how many of the ISIS members are recent converts from Europe, the UK and Australia.
I doubt if many of them even know any Arabic phrases except "Allahu Akbar" if it was not so serious it would be comical. they look like the caricature of the old anti Arab cartoons of the 1940s

Good or bad we have no way to identify who is a Muslim, we accept each person at their word and if a person says he is Muslim, we accept him as being Muslim.

Because a person says he is Muslim and hollers "Allahu akbar" is no proof that person has even taken as much as one Islamic Step.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam