U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:21 AM

226 posts, read 123,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
2 out ot 4,000,000 Muslims in the USA
3,999,998 American Muslims acted with tolerance and did not even protest or demonstrate against Pam Geller's event.
The issue isn't just, "how many American Muslims go out to personally kill with bombs and guns?".

The issue is also e.g. "how many American Muslims have an un-American desire to restrict free speech?", "How many American Muslims would want the death penalty for being critical of Islam?".

America or Somalia - you might be surprised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfmywzjdtRM

With regard to Canada:

42% of Canadian Muslims Admit Islam and West 'Irreconcilable'

Polls that received little publicity reveal over 60% of Christians and Jews in Canada think Islam and West at odds, Muslims agree.

42% of Canada Muslims: Islam, West Irreconcilable - Global Agenda - News - Arutz Sheva

Two polls that received very little fanfare were released late last month, and found that the majority of Christian and Jewish Canadians think Islam is "irreconcilable" with the West - it also found 42% of Canadian Muslims agree with that assessment.

The polls, conducted by Leger Marketing, were published in the Vancouver Sun and found 63% of Protestants, 62% of Jews and 60% of Catholics felt Islam cannot coexist with Western culture.

That assessment was shared by 46% of non-religious Canadians, and in a large admission, by 42% of Muslims who felt their religion cannot be reconciled with the country they live in....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 AM

271 posts, read 214,423 times
I can say that Americans, especially the Elite, are destroying their lives and I may recall the latest same-sex bond approving legislation. Others may consider these words as backward or don't belong to this era, and I can say that despite I am not Amercan but the fact is that such acts don't belong to American standards on which your ancestors built America.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:07 AM

1,601 posts, read 751,713 times
"I can say that despite I am not Amercan but the fact is that such acts don't belong to American standards on which your ancestors built America."

The standard on which America was built is INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. The right to life, liberty and PURSUIT of happiness.

Individual rights apply to every individual. Including homosexuals.

Explain how same sex marriage violates individual rights.

What does violate individual rights is the slaughter or punishment of homosexuals. Let's look at Saudi Arabia:

"Saudi Arabia: Under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death."

Here are the 10 countries where homosexuality may be punished by death - The Washington Post

"Gay Saudi Arabian man sentenced to three years and 450 lashes for meeting men via Twitter"

Gay Saudi Arabian man sentenced to three years and 450 lashes for meeting men via Twitter - Middle East - World - The Independent

Again, America’s founding ideal was the principle of individual rights. Not the mob rule of democracy. Not the 10 Commandments and certainly not Shariah Law.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,824,544 times
Do you think it could have something to do with the fact that the so called non radicalized Muslims never report to the police when they suspect something is about to happen?
Case in point - the Boston Bomber - The older brother was thrown out of the Mosque he attended 3 times on one Friday before the bombing for being disruptive. I'm not sure how many people attend services on Friday but it is their Sabbath so I imagine quite a few, yet not one person called the police to give them a heads up. The London bus bombing was a similar case as the neighbors interviewed on CNN stated they suspected something was up with the all that was happening in that house. Again not one person called the police.
My suggestion is if they want to prove they are against the violence then do something about it like calling the police when you suspect something. My personal feeling is they won't because although it is not in their make up to kill people the end result is still to their liking.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
Do you think it could have something to do with the fact that the so called non radicalized Muslims never report to the police when they suspect something is about to happen?
Case in point - the Boston Bomber - The older brother was thrown out of the Mosque he attended 3 times on one Friday before the bombing for being disruptive. I'm not sure how many people attend services on Friday but it is their Sabbath so I imagine quite a few, yet not one person called the police to give them a heads up. The London bus bombing was a similar case as the neighbors interviewed on CNN stated they suspected something was up with the all that was happening in that house. Again not one person called the police.
My suggestion is if they want to prove they are against the violence then do something about it like calling the police when you suspect something. My personal feeling is they won't because although it is not in their make up to kill people the end result is still to their liking.

Muslim/American terrorists are a rarity. Most of us will never meet one. Even with the few that have occurred most did their acts overseas and not in the US or Canada. Also most terrorists are not known to the local Muslim community. They seem to avoid being around Muslims. Keep in mind to a terrorist we are targets and not seen as being Muslim. Terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims.

Quote:
Charles Kurzman, “Terrorism Cases Involving Muslim-Americans in 2014,” February 9, 2015. “Twenty-five Muslim-Americans were associated with violent terrorism in 2014, bringing the total since 9/11 to 250, or less than 20 per year. A large majority of the cases involved travel (5 individuals) or attempted travel (14 individuals) to join designated terrorist organizations in Syria or (in one case) Yemen. Only six of the 25 individuals plotted or engaged in violence in the United States in 2014 (Figure 2), matching the lowest total since 2008. (Three of these individuals are included provisionally, as the evidence is unclear at present whether their plots ought to be characterized as terrorism.) … In 2014, four terrorism-related incidents involving Muslim-Americans – two using firearms, one a knife, and one a hatchet — killed seven people in 2014, bringing the total number of fatalities in the United States from terrorism by Muslim-Americans since 9/11 to 50. Meanwhile, the United States suffered approximately 14,000 murders in 2014 and more than 200,000 murders since 9/11.”
It should also be noted we usually do not know anyone at a Mosque. we do not usually socialize at a Mosque and there is usually no membership. We just go to the closest Mosque at prayer time and usually do not know anyone there. Especially for Friday Jummah when people run from work to the closest Mosque and then hurry to get back to work before the end of their break.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 07-05-2015, 03:21 AM

226 posts, read 123,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProcess View Post
The issue isn't just, "how many American Muslims go out to personally kill with bombs and guns?".

The issue is also e.g. "how many American Muslims have an un-American desire to restrict free speech?", "How many American Muslims would want the death penalty for being critical of Islam?".

On a wider level...

quoting:

Needed: A New Church Policy toward Islam [Pt. 2] - Crisis Magazine

"The larger context is that Islam wants to shut down any speech critical of Islam in any way. By “Islam,” I don’t mean every Muslim in the world. But how about the OIC—the Organization of Islamic Cooperation? Comprised of fifty-seven Muslim-majority nations and the Palestinian Authority, it’s the largest Islamic body in the world and also the largest bloc at the UN. What’s the chief project of the OIC? According to one observer, “For more than a decade, ‘the collective voice of the Muslim world’ has spread the belief that any insult directed against the Muslim faith or its prophet demands absolute suppression.” The OIC has relentlessly pushed its agenda in the UN by lobbying and by passing resolutions to prohibit the defamation of religion. Unfortunately, the OIC’s idea of what constitutes an insult is considerably broader than the pope’s. So is the penalty for insult. Whereas the pope will merely reproach you, the OIC wants to put you in jail. Its goal is to criminalize criticism of Islam and to punish Islamophobia with prison."

Old 07-05-2015, 08:57 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,824,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Muslim/American terrorists are a rarity. Most of us will never meet one. Even with the few that have occurred most did their acts overseas and not in the US or Canada. Also most terrorists are not known to the local Muslim community. They seem to avoid being around Muslims. Keep in mind to a terrorist we are targets and not seen as being Muslim. Terrorists kill more Muslims than non-Muslims.

It should also be noted we usually do not know anyone at a Mosque. we do not usually socialize at a Mosque and there is usually no membership. We just go to the closest Mosque at prayer time and usually do not know anyone there. Especially for Friday Jummah when people run from work to the closest Mosque and then hurry to get back to work before the end of their break.

It really doesn't matter if you know them or not what matters is that a mosque full of people never thought to report the situation. As well as the numerous neighbors interviewed regarding the London bus bombing. It seems there is an ever growing list of Americans joining terrorist organizations so how can
you say we will never know one. Anyone that lives in New England sees ads on TV buses and subways that say "if you see something say something" I don't believe those ads are meant for if you travel overseas.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
It really doesn't matter if you know them or not what matters is that a mosque full of people never thought to report the situation. As well as the numerous neighbors interviewed regarding the London bus bombing. It seems there is an ever growing list of Americans joining terrorist organizations so how can
you say we will never know one. Anyone that lives in New England sees ads on TV buses and subways that say "if you see something say something" I don't believe those ads are meant for if you travel overseas.

I think you will find Muslims in the US do report suspicious activities.

Fifty Terror Plots Foiled Since 9/11: The Homegrown Threat and the Long War on Terrorism

Combating this continued threat of homegrown terrorism requires not only continued reliance on existing counterterrorism and intelligence tools, such as the PATRIOT Act, but also enhancing cooperation among federal, state, and local authorities as well as mutual trust and partnerships with Muslim communities throughout the United States. Likewise, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Congress must continue to plug gaps to halt terrorist travel, and create a lawful detainment framework for the incapacitation and interrogation of suspected terrorists.

50 Terror Attacks Foiled Since 9/11

Old 07-05-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I actually said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI
It is probably impossible for me to meet a terrorist here in ND there are 5 Mosques in ND

One in Ross ND that has about 6 people that attend it and all are the members of one family.

The one in Minot I have little knowledge of as most attendess seem to be US Muslim members of the USAF

the one in Grand forks similar with many if not most attendess being from the AF base

The one in Fargo has about 200 attendees out of 4.000 Muslims in Fargo

The Mosque I attend has 2 attendees, my wife and myself.

There are no paid or full time Imams in North Dakota.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:47 PM

1,601 posts, read 751,713 times
"Report Links Brooklyn Mosque to Saudi Hate Material"

Report Links Brooklyn Mosque to Saudi Hate Material - The New York Sun

"In the last five years I have personally visited over 250 Islamic Centers, Mosques, and Islamic Schools throughout America. The goal of my research has been to determine what Islamic leaders are teaching the young and innocent Muslim children. The findings are abhorrent, sad, unbelievable, frightening, and most disturbing is the fact our government is keeping this dangerous fact from the American people. Muslim children attending mosques and Islamic schools are being taught to hate America, our government, our military personnel, and its non Muslim population. In this article I will identify three significant mosques in America that are leading the way in teaching Muslim children to hate and to influence them to commit violent acts inside our country."

Read more: Family Security Matters Family Security Matters

Canada: Toronto Islamic School Caught Teaching Anti-Semitic Material Will Not Face Criminal Charges
The Algemeiner – “A Toronto Islamic school whose teaching materials disparaged Jews and encouraged boys to keep fit for jihad will not face criminal charges but police did issue a warning and said they had identified passages in school materials that were of concern."

https://midnightwatcher.wordpress.co...minal-charges/

Oklahoma Beheader's Mosque Called for Destruction of US & Israel - Taught Caliphate

Read more at Oklahoma Beheader's Mosque Called for Destruction of US & Israel - Taught Caliphate - Freedom Outpost

'Hate literature easily found at UK mosques'
Extremist literature that encourages hatred of gays, Christians and Jews can be easily found at many of Britain's mosques, according to a new survey.

'Hate literature easily found at UK mosques' - Telegraph

Preachers of hate who spread their violent word on British TV channels
Muslim fundamentalists have used British television channels to preach in favour of violent crime and killing “apostates”.

Preachers of hate who spread their violent word on British TV channels - Telegraph

"The unquestionably radical nature of the Islamic Society of Boston mosque and its counterpart the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center (called “small one” and “big one” by locals) illustrates the worst of Islamist subversion. Whether the Tsarnaev brothers attended to the degree that the mosque was a key part of their radicalization is unknown, but it could not have been a mitigating influence in their conversion to terrorism. The pedigree of convicted terrorists that have emerged from IBS/IBSCC incubation, the close Muslim Brotherhood connections, the terror group ties, and the criminal convictions of leadership figures lead one to wonder how much more radical activism still seethes within this mosque community."

Mosques teaching hate | The Counter Jihad Report

"ACCORDING TO the Muslim, Muhammad Hisham Kabbani, who testified before the U.S. State Department, 80 percent of mosques in America preach "extremist ideology."

Coming from an entirely different source, the Mapping Sharia Project sent trained people into mosques in the U.S. to find out how many of them are calling for jihad against America. They discovered that the majority of the mosques they've investigated so far do, in fact, promote jihad against America, in the Friday "sermons" (known as "khutbah") and in the literature available at the mosques.

In a speech by Mark Steyn, he said (when answering a question) Canadian Mounties did a survey of Canadian imams. It found 85 percent of the imams in Canadian mosques were "hardcore radical jihadists."

Report Links Brooklyn Mosque to Saudi Hate Material - The New York Sun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or