U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:56 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,113,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
The article made it seem like all the protesters were not very nice, and did not say anything about Sharia Law. I agree that everyone should be able to express their opinions.
Yeah, the people who wrote the article probably had an agenda to make the protesters look bad.

On the O'Reilly Factor last night Jesse Watters interviewed some of the protesters and some of the people who attended the conference.

Everyone seemed very well behaved. At least one person from the conference said very clearly that he wanted sharia law established in the United States. Based on the signs the protesters were holding up, they were very much against that point of view, just as I would have been if I were there.

Last edited by hiker45; 01-20-2015 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:26 AM

7,311 posts, read 12,198,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am almost certain that those protestors are among the most frequent to holler "Muslims never speak out against violence"

Since the protestors were objecting to a conference condemning violence by radical Muslims, does that mean they support terrorism by radical Muslims?

That's not what the conference was about. You, like most muslims, always try to play word games and engage in deflecting people from the truth that is clearly in front of them. Islam is clearly a violent religion. That's reflected in the actions of muslims all over the world even if you don't want to admit it. Islam is a religion of fear. It is what it is.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 AM

4,347 posts, read 2,974,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Yeah, the people who wrote the article probably had an agenda to make the protesters look bad.

On the O'Reilly Factor last night Jesse Watters interviewed some of the protesters and some of the people who attended the conference.

Everyone seemed very well behaved. At least one person from the conference said very clearly that he wanted sharia law established in the United States. Based on the signs the protesters were holding up, they were very much against that point of view, just as I would have been if I were there.
I made a thread on this in the politics section and got some answers.

Here's another website for the Muslim meeting event:

Stand With the Prophet

If you read the website, you'll notice the following:

1. Yes, the website does denounce terrorist attacks.
2. The website denounces blasphemy.
3. If you watch the video on the website, which is about 13 minutes long, you'll see that the group organizing the meeting wants to create some sort of Muslim television programming.
4. The video in particular emphasizes the combatting of negative stereotypes of Muslims in entertainment media. when it does talk about blasphemous cartoons, drawings, etc. It associates them with negatively stereotyping Muslims rather than blasphemy.
5. I can't find sources I consider to be un-biased to tell this online yet...but some of the speakers have some suspicious ties, and have said some things that make me think they are very driven to turn the U.S. into a Muslim nation.

That's probably why the "Git outa' 'Murica' yas furriners!" mob formed.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,113,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
some of the speakers have some suspicious ties, and have said some things that make me think they are very driven to turn the U.S. into a Muslim nation.
Yeah, Jesse Watters mentioned that one of the speakers was an "un-indicted co-conspirator" involved with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Watters also said he had bought a ticket to attend the conference but later they had refused to let him in. No wonder some people were suspicious about what was being said at the conference.

Here is the story from the O-Reilly Factor:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreill.../3999159317001

Last edited by hiker45; 01-20-2015 at 10:00 AM..

Old 02-07-2015, 05:44 AM

115 posts, read 172,794 times
I was there and I saw several people denied access who had bought tickets in advance. One because he was a Jew. Some because they didn't look muslim or their names didn't sound muslim enough.

That is so racist and also very suspicious. We are all Americans. No on should have been excluded.

Even the press was only allowed in for the first 15 - 20 minutes, then they were kicked out.

The conference wasn't about denouncing terrorism, it was a fundraiser to change free speech laws to prohibit blasphemy in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

The organizers of the event were more offended by the cartoons than they were the massacre. The killers were just doing what the Quran told them to do.

The main speaker wasn't the only one there with links to terrorism. The people who were denied access had their tickets refunded at the door. They didn't want anyone in there who wasn't muslim.

So what was the secret meeting about? Were you there OP?

Old 02-07-2015, 09:49 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
I was there and I saw several people denied access who had bought tickets in advance. One because he was a Jew. Some because they didn't look muslim or their names didn't sound muslim enough.

That is so racist and also very suspicious. We are all Americans. No on should have been excluded.

Even the press was only allowed in for the first 15 - 20 minutes, then they were kicked out.

The conference wasn't about denouncing terrorism, it was a fundraiser to change free speech laws to prohibit blasphemy in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

The organizers of the event were more offended by the cartoons than they were the massacre. The killers were just doing what the Quran told them to do.

The main speaker wasn't the only one there with links to terrorism. The people who were denied access had their tickets refunded at the door. They didn't want anyone in there who wasn't muslim.

So what was the secret meeting about? Were you there OP?
No I was not there.
My purpose in the my staring this thread was to simply illistrate that when Muslims meet for any purpose, they will be met with animosity by the non-Muslim Majority.
We are constantly being told that we do nothing about denouncing terrorism, but when ever we do organize any type of event it will be met by anti-Muslim protestors.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-09-2015, 12:52 AM

115 posts, read 172,794 times
As long as Islamofascists are holding secret meetings in taxpayer funded venues, sponsored and hosted by foreign terrorist organizations, raising money to advance creeping sharia, I think it's reasonable to expect more protests.

Anyone interested in preserving freedom should be there to protest these kind of events.

This was a political fundraiser aimed at restricting free speech. The money raised will be used to lobby for new legislation.
These Islamofascists want to change the first amendment of our constitution.

If people don't like certain cartoons, don't look at them. If they don't like some movies, don't watch them. If you don't like what some people say, don't listen.

I don't like what alot of people say but I would still fight for their right to say it.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
As long as Islamofascists are holding secret meetings in taxpayer funded venues, sponsored and hosted by foreign terrorist organizations, raising money to advance creeping sharia, I think it's reasonable to expect more protests.

Anyone interested in preserving freedom should be there to protest these kind of events.

This was a political fundraiser aimed at restricting free speech. The money raised will be used to lobby for new legislation.
These Islamofascists want to change the first amendment of our constitution.

If people don't like certain cartoons, don't look at them. If they don't like some movies, don't watch them. If you don't like what some people say, don't listen.

I don't like what alot of people say but I would still fight for their right to say it.
I am opposed to secret meetings by any organization. Although I don't think they can be legally prohibited and can understand why some people should feel a need for them. But I do not support any secret meeting on taxpayer owned property and that should be illegal.

As for sharia law that covers such a wide range that I do not have time to even begin to cover the many things called sharia.
There is Sharia religious law which covers such things as to how we hold our arms during Salat, how to perform wadu, the proper prayers to say at a funeral etc. Those are not subject to legislation and no one has found any reason to make them illegal.

There is Sharia criminal law. I do not know of any Muslims requesting that for the US.

What I see asked for is recognition of Sharia civil laws. Currently a there are only a few states that forbid all Sharia Civil laws. That is an issue that can be circumvented simply by filing all Islamic contracts as a state approved contract. What I find wrong with that is it ties up the court system to settle religious contracts,if a party violates the contract.

Another interesting part is that in the states that refuse to recognize the nikkah (Sharia marriage contract) unknowingly legalizes polygamy. As a man can sign nikkahs with four different women and not be charged with bigamy as according to the state no marriage took place.

As for freedom of speech, that is a misnomer, some things have to be forbidden. Otherwise you will have terrorist organizations (religious and non-religious) operating openly and publicly recruiting members. Along with other problems.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,501,804 times
Watched a debate on whether Islam was a religion of peace. I think two of the three participants had some kind of security protection since their views might have been seem as unfavorable to some Muslims.
I'd say that's telling.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Watched a debate on whether Islam was a religion of peace. I think two of the three participants had some kind of security protection since their views might have been seem as unfavorable to some Muslims.
I'd say that's telling.
I have had my share of threats. enough for me to be cautious when out in public. All of the threats have been from lovely, peaceful, non-Muslims.

The most mild threat being when we were negotiating buying a house, if we bought the house we looked at, it would be burned down while we were in it.

Virtually every Muslim I know has received threats from non-Muslims.

But yes I do fear groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Taliban etc. but I do not believe they are following any Islamic teachings.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or