U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 AM

115 posts, read 172,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
and was not the first nor last American GI to go bonkers and shoot a bunch of his comrades. But Maj Hassan was the only Muslim one to do so.
Go Bonkers?
Watch this video of him giving a presentation titled "The Quranic World View as It Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military" to fellow Marines before the shooting. Looks to me like he is thinking clearly like a Muslim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYP9UWIqCY

Does he sound bonkers to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Go Bonkers?
Watch this video of him giving a presentation titled "The Quranic World View as It Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military" to fellow Marines before the shooting. Looks to me like he is thinking clearly like a Muslim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYP9UWIqCY

Does he sound bonkers to you?
the guy was a loose cannon like others have been have been and will be. this was one of the many signs not seen at the time that he was slipping and no longer fir for military duty.
I think many of us that have served in the Military for several years have seen people they would not trust in combat.
This is not religion related, some people are not suited to be sent to combat zones. Hasan was being deployed to Afghanistan which he had been trying to get a waiver from, and was denied.
Not the first person to do something erratic after discovering they were being deployed to a combat zone.

That is not the only time something like this happened at Ft Hood

This guy is not much different and I believe you will agree his religion had nothing to do with it.

4 dead, including shooter, at Fort Hood - CNN.com

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-26-2015, 01:14 PM

115 posts, read 172,745 times
Not religion related?
He is talking about virgins in paradise. Where do you think he got that idea?

Interesting comparison you draw. The one in the link you provide and the American Sniper killer had both been deployed for combat and both suffered from PTSD, but not Hasan.

Quote:
This guy is not much different and I believe you will agree his religion had nothing to do with it.
Your right, they all suffered from some mental illness.

Hasan's mental illness was Islam.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Not religion related?
He is talking about virgins in paradise. Where do you think he got that idea?

Interesting comparison you draw. The one in the link you provide and the American Sniper killer had both been deployed for combat and both suffered from PTSD, but not Hasan.

Your right, they all suffered from some mental illness.

Hasan's mental illness was Islam.
Typically most if not all of them were not suffering from any debilitating mental illness. Including Hasan.

My own opinion of Hasan is he was trying to get kicked out for incompetence and that failed. His next try was "Suicide by Cop" that also failed and he ended up killing innocent people.
His lecture in the video was strange. He is reasonably intelligent and Muslim, should have done at least basic studies of Islam to know that stuff about martyrs getting 72 virgins is utter nonsense.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-26-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 08:41 PM

1,372 posts, read 806,143 times
Quote:
Except for the recent immigrant most Muslims in the US are well integrated into main stream society. Many have roots here dating back to the earliest explorers. American Muslims have served in the US armed Forces in every war since the Revolutionary war and still do today.

Most Muslims in the US are indistinguishable from their non-Muslim neighbors. The Typical us Muslim is not from the Mideast and will often have blond hair and blue eyes along with typical European or English names.

Woodrow, do you have any sources for this claim that Muslims fought in the Revolutionary war? I would really love to see that. I find that to be an extremely outlandish claim. If you don't have a source, you need to stop spreading lies around because I don't appreciate you re-writing my nation's history to fit your religious Muslim objectives. What does Islam tell you about patriotism I wonder?

That second paragraph made me laugh out loud. Oh boy! What a whopper. Woodrow, you live in South Dakota, correct?.....When is the last time you did a tour of America?
I am in the DC area. It's not hard to spot a Muslim here. They look completely different from everyone else INCLUDING non-Muslim African immigrants. They wear dark colored, traditional clothing, hijabs, long beards, round caps, and sometimes the men wear baggy white dresses (don't know the correct word for it). They are not blonde, blue eyed. They are black eyed with black or very dark brown hair and tan or black skin. They don't speak English much, unless it's with a thick accent. They wouldn't look out of place in Algeria, or Libya. They don't look like Americans, because they are not making any effort to Americanize themselves. I shouldn't need to spell out what is incredibly obvious to those of us who live in big cities.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Woodrow, do you have any sources for this claim that Muslims fought in the Revolutionary war? I would really love to see that. I find that to be an extremely outlandish claim. If you don't have a source, you need to stop spreading lies around because I don't appreciate you re-writing my nation's history to fit your religious Muslim objectives. What does Islam tell you about patriotism I wonder?

That second paragraph made me laugh out loud. Oh boy! What a whopper. Woodrow, you live in South Dakota, correct?.....When is the last time you did a tour of America?
I am in the DC area. It's not hard to spot a Muslim here. They look completely different from everyone else INCLUDING non-Muslim African immigrants. They wear dark colored, traditional clothing, hijabs, long beards, round caps, and sometimes the men wear baggy white dresses (don't know the correct word for it). They are not blonde, blue eyed. They are black eyed with black or very dark brown hair and tan or black skin. They don't speak English much, unless it's with a thick accent. They wouldn't look out of place in Algeria, or Libya. They don't look like Americans, because they are not making any effort to Americanize themselves. I shouldn't need to spell out what is incredibly obvious to those of us who live in big cities.
Quote:
Under George Washington, several Muslim Americans served in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. Bampett Muhammad, for example, fought for the "Virginia Line" between 1775 and 1783. History also denotes a man named Yusuf Ben Ali, referred to by his slave name Joseph Benhaley. Ben Ali was descended from North African Arabs and served as an aide to General Thomas Sumter in South Carolina.
Another man believed to be a Muslim in Washington's army was Peter Buckminster, who etched his name into American history at the Battle of Bunker Hill by firing the shot which killed Great Britain's Major General John Pitcairn. After being granted his freedom for freely enlisting in the army, Buckminster changed his last name to "Salem." Historian Amir Muhammad points out that "Salem" is nearly identical to the word "Salam," which is the word for "peace" in the Arabic language. Salem later reenlisted in Washington's army and fought victoriously at the Battle of Saratoga and the Battle of Stony Point, where Washington served as commander.
Honoring Muslim American Veterans on Memorial Day*|*Craig Considine

I live in North Dakota, however at one time or another I have lived in every state east of the rocky mountains. I was raised in and grew up in Connecticut with many visits to NYC, Boston and DC
I have only been in the Dakotas for the past 6 years.

I have met more than a few Muslims I would never have guessed were Muslim if they had not told me they were. Quite a few Lithuanians and Poles living in the US are Muslim there are quite a few white European Muslims living in the US Here is a short video of white European Muslims I suspect you would not know some of them are Muslim if you saw them on the street.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:44 AM

1,372 posts, read 806,143 times
Do you have any HISTORICAL sources. Huffpost is not historical, it's highly liberal biased and sensational, full of fluff pieces and politically motivated drivel. I don't buy it.

The white muslims you posted look like the Kurds of Iraq. There hasn't been a large Kurdish immigrant population in the US until recently in the last 30 years, but there aren't many Kurds in existence in the world. Who Are the Kurds?

They certainly did not fight in the Revolutionary war. Your Moderator cut: deleted as condescending need to be addressed for your own sake Woodrow. Participating in a religion that systematically abuses children by forcing them to marry men and have sex with men is disgusting and cruel. Why you would side with that religion and continue to defend it and pretend that it had any place in America's founding is disgusting and wrong.

America has always been a Christian, Enlightened country with a small percentage of Jewish and Masonic influences. Islam has not come to America until very recently. The slaves who were brought here were not even Muslim, they were from sub-Saharan Africa and were converted to Christianity, but continued their own religious traditions in the form of Voodoo, Rastafarai, and Santeria.

Trying to inject pretend Muslim influences into our history is disgusting and wrong. Trying to re-write history by pretending that Aisha was not 9 years old and that Muslims were in America in the 1700's is pathetic. Please stop the lies.

Don't you realize it reflects poorly on Islam to lie so much? Or maybe it's because in Islam you're allowed to lie to infidels?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-01-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Do you have any HISTORICAL sources. Huffpost is not historical, it's highly liberal biased and sensational, full of fluff pieces and politically motivated drivel. I don't buy it.

The white muslims you posted look like the Kurds of Iraq. There hasn't been a large Kurdish immigrant population in the US until recently in the last 30 years, but there aren't many Kurds in existence in the world. Who Are the Kurds?

They certainly did not fight in the Revolutionary war. Your Moderator cut: Orphaned need to be addressed for your own sake Woodrow. Participating in a religion that systematically abuses children by forcing them to marry men and have sex with men is disgusting and cruel. Why you would side with that religion and continue to defend it and pretend that it had any place in America's founding is disgusting and wrong.

America has always been a Christian, Enlightened country with a small percentage of Jewish and Masonic influences. Islam has not come to America until very recently. The slaves who were brought here were not even Muslim, they were from sub-Saharan Africa and were converted to Christianity, but continued their own religious traditions in the form of Voodoo, Rastafarai, and Santeria.

Trying to inject pretend Muslim influences into our history is disgusting and wrong. Trying to re-write history by pretending that Aisha was not 9 years old and that Muslims were in America in the 1700's is pathetic. Please stop the lies.

Don't you realize it reflects poorly on Islam to lie so much? Or maybe it's because in Islam you're allowed to lie to infidels?
Quote:
Readers may be surprised to learn that there may have been hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Muslims in the United States in 1776—imported as slaves from areas of Africa where Islam flourished. Although there is no evidence that the Founders were aware of the religious convictions of their bondsmen, it is clear that the Founding Fathers thought about the relationship of Islam to the new nation and were prepared to make a place for it in the republic.

In his seminal Letter on Toleration (1689), John Locke insisted that Muslims and all others who believed in God be tolerated in England. Campaigning for religious freedom in Virginia, Jefferson followed Locke, his idol, in demanding recognition of the religious rights of the "Mahamdan," the Jew and the "pagan." Supporting Jefferson was his old ally, Richard Henry Lee, who had made a motion in Congress on June 7, 1776, that the American colonies declare independence. "True freedom," Lee asserted, "embraces the Mahomitan and the Gentoo (Hindu) as well as the Christian religion."

In his autobiography, Jefferson recounted with satisfaction that in the struggle to pass his landmark Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom (1786), the Virginia legislature "rejected by a great majority" an effort to limit the bill's scope "in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan." George Washington suggested a way for Muslims to "obtain proper relief" from a proposed Virginia bill, laying taxes to support Christian worship. On another occasion, the first president declared that he would welcome "Mohometans" to Mount Vernon if they were "good workmen" (see page 96). Officials in Massachusetts were equally insistent that their influential Constitution of 1780 afforded "the most ample liberty of conscience … to Deists, Mahometans, Jews and Christians," a point that Chief Justice Theophilus Parsons resoundingly affirmed in 1810.
The Founding Fathers and Islam (May 2002) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Last edited by june 7th; 03-01-2015 at 01:55 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 01:19 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,094,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If you are not "happy with the judgment" of any so-called religious court (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc.), I believe you have the right to simply ignore it.

I doubt that any religious court has the power to legally enforce any judgment.
In the US, the only group of Jews that use these courts are the Ultra Orthodox (which is less than 10% of the Jews in the US). They do this to keep what's going on in their community to be dealt with as an an internal matter and hide it. For a civil situation, it's fine if they can mediate it. But when it comes to misdemeanors and felonies if the real system finds out about, they (State/Fed) will not even deal with the religious courts. They will have these criminals arrested.

Keep in mind, no matter how one spins it is basically a cult as shown by this link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/ny...anted=all&_r=0

It's secular Jewish groups like the following link, that out these criminals.
Jewish Community Watch | Educate, Prevent, Heal Child Sexual Abuse

Keep in mind that this has been going on for generations and as more of it come out into the real world, more people get arrested.

Christians and Jews have been doing this for a long time and with this dark cloud already in the media, Muslims are going to have a hard time creating a version of Sharia Law to be seen as civil law only area. Add to this the frenzy of negative media from many Muslim countries and it's simply not going to be recognized.

Since many people here on CD know that I work in the Middle East, I can attest to where Sharia Law skipped the courts and went straight to verdict (I've seen it) and punishment.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:44 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,094,847 times
Quote:
..., do you have any sources for this claim that Muslims fought in the Revolutionary war? I would really love to see that. I find that to be an extremely outlandish claim. If you don't have a source, you need to stop spreading lies around because I don't appreciate you re-writing my nation's history to fit your religious Muslim objectives.

Unless you have no clue about slavery in the US, nearly all Blacks brought from Africa were Muslims and arrived statring in the early 1600's . As slaves they were given Christian names and forced conversions to Christianity. Over time they weren't practicing Muslims, but many in their hearts were. So to say there were no Muslims in the US Revolutionary War, shows one to be blind to reality.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 03-01-2015 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or